CD VERSUS PROTIMEAL

dibzzy

Hi..
i have a question..my friend who used to do cd told me she now gets her porridges from avidlite..she says they are lower in cals higher in proteins and lower in carbs and fats..AND CHEAPER!! now im confused..the nutritional info is as follow:

CD PORRIDGE
proteins--12.7g
carbs-- 16.1g
(sugars 5.1g)
fat-------- 3.1g
(sat fats 0.7g)
fibre------2.6g
Cals 143
(40g sachet)

PROTIMEAL PORRIDGE
protein---18g
carbs----9g
(3g sugars)
fat---1.75
(sat fats 0.2g)
fibre---4g
Cals 134
(39g sachet)

i need someone to tell me its not the same or better :sigh: cos she says the porridge actually tastes like real porridge and expands to more in the plate cos its more solid..she also does their spag bol for her evening meal..at 166 cals..sounds so much more varied and appetising..AND it works out at abt £25/week delivered..im in 2 minds now so pls helppppp..this is critical:cry::wave_cry::break_diet:

oh this is interesting thanks for posting i'm going to watch this post, anything that saves money is a bonus :).

Do you know what her loses are?

Sound very interesting. I havent even heard of that diet but anything other than shakes is a bonus. I dont know about you but the longer I do the diet the more shakes i dislike. I only like 3 shakes now hate the porridge and soup x

tell me abt it! i hate the shakes and just have 3x porridges..she has maple flavour porridge wud u believe..and choice between spag bol or shep pie meal every night..im surprised with the difference so minimal infact better cd havnt done a spag bol alternative..would keep ppl on it longer i bet..the spag bol is 166 cals--works out to abt 435 cals in total with 2 porridges and a spag..my friend just takes a vitamin supp every day which she buys for £2 for 30 tabs from tescos! i soooooooo need some1 to tell me its evil or witchcraft!!:p

And it really only costs her £25 a week? thats about £60 a month cheaper.... I am liking the sound of this x

the packs arnt meant to be used as a total food replacement hence the reason your friends taking suppliments

i use cambridge as i know its approved as a total food replacement diet and as such is regulated by the national institute of clinical excellence and im wanting to get to goal in good health ( thats the plan anyway )

if you would prefer to use protimeal thats your choice hun, just be aware that it wasnt designed as a tfr

the packs arnt meant to be used as a total food replacement hence the reason your friends taking suppliments

i use cambridge as i know its approved as a total food replacement diet and as such is regulated by the national institute of clinical excellence and im wanting to get to goal in good health ( thats the plan anyway )

if you would prefer to use protimeal thats your choice hun, just be aware that it wasnt designed as a tfr

thats right, I order stuff from them but it is only the soups, shakes and certain bars that have 'mrp' on them that are designed as tfr :D but I take supplements too :D

Back