CD virgin

mandiep

Hi Peeps,

Im Mandie at this is my first (and hopefully my only) time doing the Cambridge Diet.

I have tried SW, WW, RC and many more and still not succeeded. I need to stop eating hence trying CD.

I have a start weight of 16'5 and not ashamed to tell people because I AM going to lose a fair chunk of it.

Has anyone got any good ideas? or is there anyone who wants to start their journey with me? (A diet buddy)

Looking forward to losing weight
Mandie x

Hi Mandie,

Of course you can do it, that's the spirit!!!

CD is a great diet despite what other people might think of it. The first 3-4 days are generally quite tough before you get into ketosis and you might feel a bit tired for the first week, but come week 2 you should be as normal again and perhaps with a bit of extra energy.

If you feel like you want to eat, best thing to do is stay out of the kitchen and perhaps take a bath, do some manicures and pedicures and stuff to keep you busy.

Also, the very best tip is to drink plenty of water!!!!

I wish you good luck and we are all here for you when you need us!! :D

Thanks Penny,

Today is my first day on Sole Source. I spent last week cutting right down on carbs and 'rubbish' foods, a day with one shake and small no carb meals and sunday and monday with two shakes and small amount of chicken with 2 tbsp of broccoli, so today's the day.

I feel ok so far, i am usually a tired person with no energy anyway (hence needing to lose weight) so I dont think I feel any worse than normal.

I have spent many hours reading success stories and look forward to adding mine too.

I got married in April in Jamaica and hate the photos. We are going back again next April and hopefully have some new pics taken in the same location (minus the fat bird wedding dress).

Watch this space, ha ha.

Thanks for the good luck message.

Mandie

Hi Mandie, good luck on your cd journey, as was said before the first few days are the worse, but you can do it , look forward to seeing your new piccys next april.xx

Welcome to the wonderful world of CD, get past the first week and you're sailing.

Hi Mandie
good luck on your weight loss journey and you have a great incentive there - look forward to seeing the new wedding photos next year!!

hi mandie and welcome to cd!
i wish you the best of luck on your weight loss journey, although i doubt you need it, you sound very determined!
xx

Good luck, take it one day at a time and you will be fine. x

hiya mandie,
ive been on all the diets you mentioned....lost a bit gained a bit lost a bit gained a bit more.....started this 2 weeks ago and lost 16lb so to me this is the most rewarding diet ive been on.....i find it better because it is so strict...you are not in control of what you eat the diet is....you cant just have a couple more...coz you cant have any in the first place!!!
i could write a book on diets , probably know the points value syns value and gi value of every food but nothing has ever worked so quickly and effectively as this diet, the massive weight losses are motivation in themselves and this forum is the best thing ever for keeping you focused.....
see you the other end chick a size 0!!!!!!
good luck

Hi Mandie, I started my first full day on CD yesterday. We can tackle our journey together. My starting weight was 102.2 kg (or 16st 1lb).

Good luck for your day two xx

Andrea

Hi Everyone,

Well, Day one went really well. Started off with a Fruits of the forest shake, lots of water, Spicy Oriental (yum yum) for lunch, more water, then chicken and mushroom for tea. Oh, and some more water.
Is it just me or does everyone feel totally stuffed after the shakes/soups?

Day Two
Butterscotch shake for brekkie, (yum yum) water, leek and potato for lunch, more water and a hot choc and orange shake for tea (not so yum)...and still drinking water now.

Finding it difficult to mix the shakes/soups, I seem to still have a few lumps in it.

I am having an operation on my ear next tuesday, so went for pre op screening today...The nurse said being on CD was not a problem and to take the shakes in with me and they would prepare them for me....result!

She also weighed me, and although they were different scales it reassured me. (I weighed sunday with councellor at 16st 5.5lb and today she weighed me at 16st exactly...this would be great if its a true reading) She did tell me i was in ketosis (as she tested my wee). I thought this would take a few days but she said as i had cut down leading up to CD, it probably kicked in almost straight away.

Feeling really positive!

Andrea - Angel 155
I have accepted your request but still haven't got the hang of this forum stuff yet. Look forward to losing weight with you.

I am weighing in on friday as my councillor is going away next week. Will keep you all posted.

Mandie x

Get a stick / hand blender - its a god send and very cheap in tesco! Well worth it for all the shakes and the soups, i couldnt do it without mine! Good luck and well done for making the decision to join us :)

Yes definately get a blender, my packs are always smooth.

Hi Peeps,

Well, after my five day weigh I have lost 5 and a quarter lb. Was hoping for a bit more but it hasn't stopped me, I'm gonna keep going.
Well done Angel155 you've done great!!
I'm off to Hospital for my ear operation tomorrow so I will be back on in a few days.

Keep it up folks.

Mandie

Welcome Mandie - Wasn't that nurse great to be so supportive. You'll find any extra (not that you sound like you need it) encouragement and support from you fellow-CDers. All the best.

Hi Peeps

Results so far:

Fri 18th July 16st 8lb 105.23kg (GP)
Sun 20th July 16st 5.5lb 104.09kg (CDC)
Fri 25th July 16st 0.25lb 101.71kg (CDC)
Fri 1st Aug 15st 8lb 99kg (GP) Two week target 1 stone

I'm dead chuffed.

Set myself some goals now.

First goal Lose a stone Done
Second goal get back in black dress
Third goal get into size 16 jeans
Forth goal get into size 14 jeans
Fifth goal have wedding pictures taken again in April 2009 in Jamaica in a size 12/14 dress

Keep me going folks. Hope you're all doing well.

Mandie x

Well done for ur success already!!

i find that the mini goals are good (especially having a particular pair of jeans or a dress that u couldnt fit into in the beginning!) every time i crave i go and try the jeans on lol. motivation in itself.

WELL DONE!!

Back