CD whilst on holiday

louale

Silver Member
Hi All,

Wanted to ask if anyone as done SS whilst on holiday and how you got on, or whether you decided to eat and go back on SS when you got back from your hols.

I'm going on holiday next week for just over 3 weeks and it's been in the back of my mind for the last week or so. I think the best part of going on holiday is going out for meals, buying fresh produce from local markets, supermarkets and trying out new products and I really think that I'm going to struggle just doing SS.

I've spoken to my CDC about this and we came up with a plan for me to do AAM each day so that I wouldn't go mad, but I haven't even gone yet and I feel miserable at the thought of sitting in a restaurant and asking for a piece of plain chicken and 2 tablespoons of green veg, whilst my husband tucks in to 3 courses.

I really want to be able to control what I eat, but on the same hand, I want to enjoy my holiday and not feel sooo deprived and unhappy, when I'm supposed to be enjoying myself.

Please let me know what you did.

Thanks for any advice.
Louale

Hi
I'm going on holiday in 8 weeks but have already deceided not to ss.My cdc is aware and is going to re introduce some food a few weeks before i go so that i don't put on a huge amount of weight.
I know i will put some weight on but i'm just going to enjoy my holiday and get right back to ss when i get home hopefully with minimal damage.
If your going to be miserable not eating maybe you can speak to your cdc and introduce some foods prior to going.Just enjoy your holiday and do what you feel comfortable doing.
Good Luck.

Porgeous took her tetras on hols with her :) Look at her now - size 8.

Just thought i'd throw that in there. TRealisticly you have to make a decision and stick to it. Even if you did 1000 plan - be prepared to omit things like alcohol from your mind. Yes, a holiday is a holiday, but there's no point coming home and regretting those pictures forever is there?

Personally - I'd have the holiday with food but be sensible (lots of fruit, veg, white meat, fish etc). My CDC gave me great down to earth advice when I started. She said that if you are having a meal out or holiday you should be good to yourself (within reason) because you'll just resent the diet afterwards if you don't. Probably not the official line but .....

Anything you gain can be quickly taken off when you get back - you know that's true. So long as you have the mindset that you'll get right back on the diet when you return. Some people find that hard - you'll know yourself, I think.

I took shakes, a hand mixer and bars to Lanzarote. Then each evening I had fish, chicken, with salad or veg - no potatoes, rice, pasta etc. I did indulge in a little alcohol (mmm!) but came back 2lb lighter than I went. Off again next week to Spain - and have already got all my CD stuff ready. Most holidays I'd have come back heavier - so to lose 2lb was great!!

Where are you going??

i know its probably different if you are going abroad for your hols, but we have a motorhome we are away usually at least 1 weeked in 3 and our main hols are spent away in it also, i'm only on my fifth week of this diet and have lost 22lbs which i am so pleased with, but have been away for two of those weekends and have taken all my cd stuff with me, i figure that its only a short period out of my life/holidays and if i don't stick to it i will still be over weight, uncomfortable and unhappy whereas if i stick to it and keep going, soon enough i will be at my target and can enjoy my holidays (eating sensibly of course!) then. I guess it depends how strongly you feel about your weight and at the moment nothing would knock me off course.

Good luck whatever you do, you just need to be happy in yourself at the decision you make.

if i were you id prob eat food on holiday but be sensible...
a holiday should be just that! no point being miserable whilst you are away.
the weight you gain (if any) can be shifted in no time at all on CD so enjoy your holiday and get back on track as soon as you get back.
good luck with what you decide to do xxx

i was away for a small hoilday and ss 100% for the few days. It was very tough watching himslef eat and drink! Im of to spain in couple of weeks and am not ssing (cdc knows this and has told me stuff to try and stick to!)

I'm off in a few weeks too half board, I'm planning to eat scrambled eggs and maybe a bit of bacon for breakfast a bar for lunch and then meat/fish with veg in the evening, and no alcohol...I don't miss it one bit, but wasn't a big drinker anyway. So Low carb as I want to try and keep in Ketosis. My CDC also said to have an AAM week before I go so I guess it's a bit like working up the plans.

My sis and her family are also going with us and as she's doing CD to we can keep each other from temptation! (pictures sis with a mountain of prawns on her plate) :D

Helenx

I took shakes, a hand mixer and bars to Lanzarote. Then each evening I had fish, chicken, with salad or veg - no potatoes, rice, pasta etc. I did indulge in a little alcohol (mmm!) but came back 2lb lighter than I went. Off again next week to Spain - and have already got all my CD stuff ready. Most holidays I'd have come back heavier - so to lose 2lb was great!!

Where are you going??

I think this sounds like a brilliant way to do it. When its hot you don't feel like eating as much, and by eating at night you don't feel like you are depriving yourself. I have just had 4 days away, went off CD and really enjoyed every mouthful of food I had. Didn't go mad and tried to eat fairly sensibly, but I knew I would get straight back to SS.

I'm off to egypt on an all inclusive holiday in 2 weeks with my friends. I am 8 pounds away from my goal weight and am struggling!!! But i am just going to lay of carbs and enjoy myself a little, not to much! I can diet more when i am home. I suppose as i am close to goal it is easier for me. But i always say - you only live once and you should enjoy yourself on holiday, otherwise all you'll be thinkin about is food. Thats my opinion. Good luck with what you decide to do xxxx

i went away for easter weekend, and although i fully intended to not do CD, i was good- didn't overeat, ate *mostly* healthy foods and did more exercise than i usually do...
...having said that, since I have come back I have not been able to motivate myself to get back on the SS. In fact I seem to be totally self-sabotaging. I start each day with good intentions, have shakes for breakfast and lunch, but then when it comes to the evening I TOTALLY binge. Literally worse than i have ever done before- cakes, crisps, choc, sweets, pasta, anything I can get my hands on. I don't know what to do!!!

I think one of the main reasons i can't motivate myself to get bck on it is because i am going to america for 2 weeks on friday....! which i am really looking forward to, but dreading the fact i know i will be faced with every sort of temptation and will no doubt put back on all the weight i lost in the 4 weeks i stuck to SS pre-easter :eek:(

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHH

I think if you know 110% you will be able to get back on SS when you get home, then Id say eat, but sensibally. I ate when I went away when I did LL, and couldnt get back on the plan after. That was the biggest mistake Ive ever made, that's why, this time Ive started CD when I know I have 6 1/2 months clear until my next holiday, although I know that's not always possible.
Have a wonderful holiday, whatever you decide.

Last year I went to Bulgaria on an All Inclusive holiday & took bars & tetras. Luckily the hotel had a fridge so could keep them cold & lots of water dispensers dotted around the hotel. Every evening I went to dinner with the family and had a small side plate of green salad & chicken / fish. I am so glad I didn't break the diet and when I got home I had lost 11lb ( 2 weeks).

The ironic thing about the holiday was , when on the plane the tray came down & my tum wasn't tipping it up (first time ever) only I wasn't eating my meal !!!:D

Last year I went to Bulgaria on an All Inclusive holiday & took bars & tetras. Luckily the hotel had a fridge so could keep them cold & lots of water dispensers dotted around the hotel. Every evening I went to dinner with the family and had a small side plate of green salad & chicken / fish. I am so glad I didn't break the diet and when I got home I had lost 11lb ( 2 weeks).

The ironic thing about the holiday was , when on the plane the tray came down & my tum wasn't tipping it up (first time ever) only I wasn't eating my meal !!!:D

But HOW hard is it to resist the in flight meals, all those lovely little packets to open.... I found that the hardest part of SSing on hols!!!

Gx

Thanks everyone for all your advice, I've decided to do the CD but to add a small portion of fish/chicken and green veg.

Doodles - Wow, 11lbs in 2 weeks, that's excellent!

Louale x

I'm going to Asia in July, and I plan to have 2 meals a day and 2 tetrabriks per day as well. I will try to be sensible with my meals as much as possible but I dont plan to go that far and be miserable :eek: We plan to do a lot of sight seeing so there will be plenty of activity to burn off any excesses :cool:

Back