CD WITH REDUCTIL??

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by dibzzy, 27 September 2009 Social URL.

1. dibzzy

dibzzy Member

Hi..
    does anyone know if it would be ok to take reductil (appetite supressant) alongside the cd on ss? just a thought as its soooooooooo hard to not feel hungry on ss when you start! :cry:
    thanks

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. misspinkkat

misspinkkat Can hug her knees :)

Start Weight:
    16st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st13lb(23.31%)
    Diet:
    CD. Ss
    I don't really know if it would be okay, I had a few left from when I tried with them before and decided not to use them as after a few days on cd you don't feel hungry, and I knew when I stopped reductil i was really hungry, I didn't use them besacuse I didn't want to mess with the way cd works
    xx

4. Chlo

Chlo Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st4lb
    Current Weight:
    15st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13lb(5.7%)
    Diet:
    LL / CD
    I don't know for sure, but I wouldn't risk it. The hunger will only last a couple of days, keep yourself busy, the hunger will soon disappear. I think it is more of a mental thing anyway, and think you will get the cravings with or without the reductil. Good luck which ever way you go.

5. Blingbabe

Blingbabe Back On Track!

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    17st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    -2st6lb(-16.27%)
    Diet:
    Slim and Save
    Hi dibzzy

The thought certainly crossed my mind when I started CD, knowing that I would feel hungry for a few days and wanting to do anything that would make it possibly easier (because this time I so want to lose the weight and keep it off - very good motivator!)
    Would agree with misspinkkat - mixing the two sounds as if it would be counter-productive given that CD is specifically designed to ensure that we don't have hunger (or minimal hunger, which is maybe more psychological than physical).
    I am also wondering if there would be more complex dangers in combining two very different approaches, don't know the physiology/pharmacology ins and outs (20 years since I daydreamed out the window at a school of nursing) but perhaps one of our regulars will.
    I am a person that is driven crazy by hunger (I posted here in my first week that I came close to snatching a pie out the hand of an unfortunate man walking past me at a shopping centre - his crime? he wasn't eating it quick enough!) but really you will be fine once you get past the first few days, drink lots of water and I find black coffee (decaff would be healthier) useful.
    Good Luck!

mrsessex likes this.
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.