CD1000

lou49

I have been doing CD790 but keep coming unstuck every evening with fruit and have had more than one evening when I have eaten it. I am seriously considering CD 1000, having losg two stone on CD790, with two stone to go, and following CDC Linda's suggestion. I see my CDC tomorrow evening so will see how this week has gone (rather worried) and discuss. My questions are;-

1. What are the CD 1000 weekly losses like?
2. I was thinking of doing it as follows to take account of my weaknesses:
Breakfast: One shake
Lunch: one soup
Dinner: a 3a dinner (lower carb, I do better on that) without the 40g of starchy food, and with the fruit which this allows.
Evening: the fruit allowance from the breakfast which I wouldn't be eating then.

3. Instead of the 40g of starchy food in the evening, would I be able to have an extra shake?

Any advice would be welcome. I feel I have been really struggling this week.

Thanks v much - Louise

My questions are;-

1. What are the CD 1000 weekly losses like?

I am not sure of the figures but 1000KCals is still a low (not a very low) but a low calorie diet so i would imagine about 1-3lbs...loses are still extremely good.

2. I was thinking of doing it as follows to take account of my weaknesses:

Breakfast: One shake
Lunch: one soup
Dinner: a 3a dinner (lower carb, I do better on that) without the 40g of starchy food, and with the fruit which this allows.

Evening: the fruit allowance from the breakfast which I wouldn't be eating then.

Sounds like a plan.... and as you are taking into consideration your own patterns (lets call em patterns not weaknesses missis) your well on track

3. Instead of the 40g of starchy food in the evening, would I be able to have an extra shake?

Yes - at least you know where you are standing vitamin and calorie wise. Sounds very very good to me

Good luck on your road missis!!! i am convinced you are on the right path for you. and after all, you are the only person who can say whats right for you!

you got it workin'

Ivy

Hi Ivy! Thanks so much for your reply; I had given up thinking I would get any answers on this!
I lost 2lbs at my weigh in on Monday, which was better than I expected. CDC not hugely helpful with my problem, except to say that she had experienced the same problem when she was SSing and that I shouldn't follow my revised plan. However I am still in a really bad place with this fruit problem, I never thought that fruit could be like a drug and if anything my using of drug of choice (apricots, grapes anyone) has been even worse. I have the Paul McKenna book and CD which I have had for ages but never read or listened too, so I will try the beat the cravings techniques today and see if that works before I try the alternative plan I originally worked out as I feel that is really too much fruit for me. It doesn't help that people keep saying to me 'oh you've lost weight, you look great' in spite of me saying that I have another two stone to go, I think I am feeling a bit subconsciously complacent and am scared of 'losing the plot' with this thing.
Thanks for your encouragement.
Louise

I would look at the diet plans more as a guide than a rule book.
If you are following the correct diet plan fairly closely and losing weight then good luck. On my maintenance part of CD I never weighed or measured anything and followed the remit of Round Table our motto is Adopt Adapt Improve.
So adopt the plan adapt it to your needs and improve on it.
Good luck and stick with it sounds like you know what you are doing. CDC's are good but not God so have confidence in what is working for you.
As for the losing the plot bit, feed off the good comments and use them to keep you going,because there will come a time when people are used to the new slim you and say nothing.
Remind yourself of where you were by looking at old pictures that should stop the complacency because if like me you were not happy there you don't want to go back.
Good luck.

I wonder whether you're craving fruit because of the sugar content? Depending on what you're eating, it can be similar in sugar to sweeties and that can destabilise your blood sugar and set off cravings so that could account for your fruit addiction!

I notice from the CD book that an orange for example isn't listed as high GI, but it does contain enough sugar to set off cravings. I used to low carb (and intend to go back to it after CD) and there was a list of fruit to work your way back through - for very sugary fruit they recommended not eating it all at one go ie half an orange at a time.

I think berries were the best to start back on although expensive at this time of year.

HTH Soraya

Thanks so much everyone for your advice. I have IBS and after last night's fruitfest I feel that my digestion has been really messed up and I felt really uncomfortable today, so no fruit at all for me today - and if I have a craving, I will recall the Paul McKenna exercise where you imagine your favourite food mixed with something really gross..I just remembered I tried this before - but it didn't work!
Soraya - I used to low-carb - lost three stone with it three years ago - and if I cheated, it made my stomach feel really bad, which was a great deterrent to trying it on! I sort of planned on going back that way afterwards too.
Louise

Back