CD2015

CD2015

Well today is the day to start the Cambridge diet plan. I've thought about it for a wee while now but I've been the same weight more or less for the last year or two and no matter what I do I just can't get below the 25 bmi mark. On the positive it shows that I can manage my weight without a set diet plan in the norm but I just can't shift excess weight around my waist/tummy area. I'll never have a flat stomach, I'm not bothered about that, I've had kids and the muscles aren't that great there but my waistline is much more than what it should be to be healthy .... for me. So I intend to do this for about 4-6 weeks depending on how I get on doing Step 3 or maybe Step 4 depending on how I feel along the way just as a short sharp shock. I do love to exercise and run, but I am carrying so much fat around my waist area that it becomes uncomfortable. I know my start weight is some peoples ideal goal weight but Im not for comparing to anyone, i just feel uncomfortable with this weight around my waist area as it is, for me. I would like to lose at least a stone but one stone 5 pounds would be great. I currently eat a lot of sweets far too many in fact and am looking forward to possibly going without sugar for a few weeks. I've chosen this method of losing this weight as I've seen it work for some friends and also I know that I will get most of my daily vitamin and mineral requirements from the packets, probably more than I do at the moment anyway. I have 42 packets, enough for 3 weeks. I'm a snacker so I'm hoping to retrain my brain doing this. Well here goes ,today is day1.

I'm not sure when to have the first packet, I've already drank a pint of water as that's all I drink anyway usually about 5 or 6 pints of it a day so am not concerned about that side of things. I've had one weetabix this morning with skimmed milk I would normally have had two, not sure why I have two really so it's got me thinking already lol

Edit - evening of Day 1 - have decided to do Step 2 for a week before starting on Step 3, (nothing like being indecisive!) today has been a doddle, had 3 shakes and a quiche for my dinner plus loads of coffee, probably too much milk as I haven't measure that, and 5 pints of water. Think I could do this for 6 more days. I can't believe how much chicken one portion of protein is, 245g! AF is due in 2 or 3 days and I crave sugar just a tad :-/ I can't believe how many sweets I haven't eaten today lol!

Last edited:
Good luck! What's your start weight? I find sometimes the less you have to loose the slower it is.
Laura
Thankyou Laura. My start weight is 12st 5 1/4lbs, very precise I know lol and my goal is 11stone, so 19 1/4lbs to lose altogether, feels like a heck of a lot at this moment in time :-/ Just gonna grit my teeth and get on with it, summer isn't too far away and I really want to feel lighter for my hols in July :)

Hello and welcome to the forum! wish you best of luck! I am sure in summer you will look the way you wish to!

Thankyou Laura and Ginger! :)

Well that's day 2 nearly over and done with. It's 7pm and I have another shake to go before bed. I drank 4 litres of water today quite easily, had my milk, protein and veg for what has now become a step 2 (I had intended on starting on Step 3 or 4 as I didn't think I could do the step 2). I think I mucked up though as I had the last two shakes within an hour of each other and the next will be in around 2 hours time, so I need to make note of that and spread them out through the day I think. I've been reading online about ketosis and I'm not sure if that will happen on step 2, but if it does it does, if it doesn't then it doesn't, end of story.

I weighed myself this morning after my first day and it appears that I lost almost 4lbs yesterday! I know you are supposed to lose lots on the first week, but that seems a bit ridiculous really! However, if I could do that every day I would be done with this diet in no time at all! lol I've done a list of goals to get to, the first one being to be under 12 stones, which could possibly be achievable in the next few days even! I've not exercised yesterday or today, but would love to go for a run right now, I don't think it wise really as my body needs to get used to not so many calories going in. I've missed having sweets tonight, but hey ho. So, onwards and upwards to day 3, just hope it is as straighforward and easy as yesterday and today, I'm highly motivated at the moment though, so am striking while the iron is hot so to speak :) That's nearly 4lbs down (20% of my total goal), 15lbs or so to go :)

Last edited:
Just starting Day 4, which I have read on here is the worst day. Haven't been looking forward to this day really. AF is due today and I am irritable anyway. I used the Ketostix this morning and I'm convinced it turned slightly pink, I'm not sure if I will go into ketosis on this diet, but did it just because I'm intrigued. I do feel like I could eat a 3 course meal, but I'm always hungry on a morning and love breakfast and all cereals, my favourite foods after chocolate in fact. I'm just going to have a shake and a coffee though.

I've lost almost 5lb already. I know it's probably only fluid and maybe something to do with the pizza and pig out I had the night before starting this diet though. However, it means I've lost a full quarter of my goal already, and means that I may only be on this diet for a matter of a few weeks. My trousers are still too tight and uncomfortable, so I know I haven't lost anything from my waist yet despite almost half a stone gone!

I'm doing Step 2 again today, and intend to stay on this until Tuesday as that will be the required minimum week, then move onto Step 3.

Day 5, and just so pleased to have got over Day 4 which I had been dreading after hearing it was the worst. It was actually fine for me as it was a working day and I had done a 10 hours shift, so by the time I got home I was so tired and wanted an early night anyway. I didn't call into the Chinese on the way home though, which was a Friday. One of the reasons for choosing Cambridge was because of the strict way the diet works, which I shall abide by, but it helps to break habits, bad habits and really bad habits like Chinese just because it's a Friday, even if I don't fancy one, just because it's easier!

I wasn't really looking forward to stepping on the scales this morning, as I knew they would be somewhere around the 12st 0 mark, and I really really want them to start with an 11 so much (and 10 will be great if I get there). My scales are digial and measure 1/4 and 3/4 pounds. I know some people ignore those and round up or down, however 12st 0 and 11st 13 3/4 seem worlds apart and a great mental boost when dieting, in my opinion.

So, with trepidation I stepped on, and woop woop I'm in the 11's. 11 stone 13 and 3/4 pounds to be exact. And, like I've said so many times, that's it now, I will never go into the 12's again!! So that's a total of 5.5lbs of the 19.5lbs I set out to lose, i.e.28% of it.

So far:
Tue 12st 5.25 - starting Step 2
Wed 12st 1.5 - 3.75 lost on the first day, I had had pizza and junk the day before so think start weight was artificial
Thu 12st 1 - 0.5 lost, one hour in gym
Fri 12st 0.5 - 0.5 lost
Sat 11st 13.75 - 0.75 lost

How lovely I'm 2lbs away from next stone down and it should show next week. I totally get the whole head thing that's why I sometimes weigh fortnightly so I see a bigger figure on the scales. Have a great weekend xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

Well, nearly the end of Day 7. I was ready to give in last night, but glad I didn't go overboard, just had a tub of low fat natural yogurt instead.

When I wake up in the morning it will be the start of Week 2 and the start of Step 3 which is 1000 cals. I'm going to do that for the required two weeks and then at that point either do another week of Step 3 or leave Cambridge and go onto 1200 cals food only. It will depend on where I'm at at that point, if I'm around the 11 stone 7 mark then I'll leave Cambridge I think.

I know I will be under the 12 stone mark when I get weighed anyway in the morning which will be the one week mark, unless I do something silly tonight of course lol I am a serial weigher, I like that and find nothing wrong with it to be honest, it's my own way of recording my own progress. Some say put the scales away and just weigh weekly. I'm doing this Cambridge for a quick instant result so need the daily weigh in! My clothes are starting to feel a lit more comfortable already after just a week. Some say this diet is expensive, but I don't think so if you factor in the saving I've made on not having to buy bigger clothes that's for sure. I am tall, which makes me look slim to others, but really underneath there is a lot of fat around my stomach and waist area, my waist is currently 35 inches which exceeds the NHS recommendation of 31.5 inches. Hopefully losing this stone will reduce that to a normal size anyway :)

Weigh-in in the morning!

Next morning: the weigh-in was great, down to 11 stones 12 3/4lbs which makes a loss of 6 1/2lbs in the first week on Step 2, I'm happy with that. What's even better is that that's a third of my total goal gone already. Starting Step 3 today, although it's tempting to do another week of Step 2 so I only expect a 2lbs loss this next week if I stick to it 100%.

Last edited:
Day 11 and doing Step 3 now, going to do this for another 10 days and then onto a 1200 cal food only diet using MFP as Step 4 would have been 1200 calories anyway.

I'm quite pleased that I've kept to my own personal goals as it's a mind over matter thing at the end of the day. I've really, really, really fancied sugary foods in the last day or two but resisted temptation even though said item has been in my hand and nobody else in the world would have cared less if I had put it in my mouth or not! That's what doing Cambridge is partly about for me anyway, taking back some self control and although I'm only doing this for 3 weeks, that is probably enough time for me to reassess what I eat and why I eat it, and giving me enough time to kickstart my healthy eating regime and routine too.

So today I'm 11 stone 11 1/2 pounds, which gives me a BMI of 24.1. My clothes are certainly becoming more comfortable again anyway having lost that 8 pounds that's for sure. So 40% of what I wanted to lose has gone, and I'm sure if I can manage the other 12 pounds or so in the next couple of weeks then I'll be on track for being able to wear all my normal clothes again come April/May i.e. summer weather time :) (providing I can resist the Easter temptations!!)

Day 15 today, and I've lost 9 pounds so far. I'm still doing Step 3 although I think it's nearer to Step 2 some days, just not been measuring milk so not fully sure. I've been feeling hungry, and it's the school holidays and the cupboards are full of sweet stuff, so this week is going to be a bit tougher I think, but will muddle on through nonetheless.

I feel so much better having lost 9 pounds, and my waist is now 33 inches. A healthy waist should be under 31.5 inches so hopefully when I lose this extra 10.5 pounds that I want to lose, I will be 'healthy' lol BMI is now under 24 but only just. I need a buffer zone which is why I'd like a BMI of 22.4 ish.

I've been going to the gym now and again but not overdoing it due to the low calorie intake, and it's been a lot easier being a bit less wobblier when running.

So, I've got 20 packets left i.e. another 10 days of Step 3 and then I'll go to a food-only Step 4 on 1200 cals using MyFitnessPal to calculate the right quantities of everything. I don't quite trust MFP projection of a 2 pound a week loss on 1200 cals as I lose only 2 pounds on 800-1000 cals, but we'll see.

Uh oh, I've had two days off plan and eating what I wanted to! Not good :-/ I've had far too much sugary stuff, which only leads to wanting more sugary rubbish. So plan is, to get today over and done with and start again properly tomorrow. I don't think I've gone over 2000 calories though. I don't feel too great, I know that for sure! I can't see me having any of a loss this week though, I get weighed on Tuesday's so do have a good few days to compensate for this blip!

Back