Celeriac?

Peel it and cut into chunks, then put in cold water until you cook it, otherwise it'll go brown

Then you can make

- Celeriac mash (zap in microwave and then mash up with some butter)
- Celeriac chips (cut into large chip sized chunks, par boil then bake in oven - there's a recipe I put on the Just Recipes thread recently)
- Celeriac dauphinoise - lovely! Again, check the Just Recipes thread

Enjoy!

Not to mention roast celeriac! A lovely alternative to roast potatoes.

Part boil for 10 mins, ruffle, then roast.

Don't know if anyone watches Dr Who but when I first bought our celeriac, it reminded me of the Ood!

ood.jpg

It's a really under-rated/utilised veg. Like a really good mix of celery and potato. I like celery tho so it works for me.

And while we at it....
I've got some pork belly strips and not sure of the best way to cook those either. Would like to end up with some nice crispy crackling if possible! ;)

celeriac isnt really suitable for induction, please double cvheck the carb count...

i made (in induction, tis where i learned the above lol) celeriac chips to go with a bit meaty curry...my god it was delish!

roast your pork belly with chinese 4 spice.....absolutely gorge!!

MissyMustDoIt said:
celeriac isnt really suitable for induction, please double cvheck the carb count...

i made (in induction, tis where i learned the above lol) celeriac chips to go with a bit meaty curry...my god it was delish!

roast your pork belly with chinese 4 spice.....absolutely gorge!!

My carb counter book says 1.9g carbs per 100g celariac so should be fine I think,
Chinese five spice sounds good, how long do you roast for?

Celeriac is OK occasionally - best to stick to greens for your carbs in induction.

I roast my pork belly and add a smear of Dijon mustard after - lovely.

Thanks everyone!

I think a bit of celeriac should be ok as I'm sort of OWLing as i only have around a stone to lose. Also Mr Jupiter has been watching me eating all this lovely food on Atkins and has decided to join me! :eek: I thought celeriac mash might be an easy transition for him from good old mashed spuds! I'll just have a little with lots of lovely buttered cabbage! ooh can't wait, been dreaming about pork belly ever since I joined these boards and kept seeing it on Susie's menu nom nom nom:gimi:

i'd roast it until its brown and crispy...mmmmmmmm mustard is also quite carby..but a little can go a long way especially when you could have a plate full of carb free meat and the only carbs coming from condiments :D

Well I think I cooked it a little bit fast so was a bit crispy but was delicious. Need to perfect that crunchy crackling with melty fatty middle mmmmm
Also celeriac mash was yum!

Yay! We had pork belly tonight amongst other things - must get some celeriac on the go - I ate it years ago when I was getting my weirdy veg box from my veg lady, but have never voluntarily bought it since. :D

i did belly pork the other day, first time i have cooked it, i don't think i did it right, should have been way crispier me thinks, was too hungry to wait!

Back