cerazette. Totally o/t

mumtheshopper

Silver Member
Has anyone got any experiences with this. After a problem with MArvelon supply, 6 weeks of microgynon, and 4 weeks of severe migraines that my doctor ahs put down to yasmin, I ahve been prescribed cerrazette. Really don't want to hinder my weight loss any more. HAs anyone any experiences?

Same here - its fine.....periods become non existant, and then you get the odd one every now and then!!!

Doesnt affect weight x

I'm on it too, wouldn't say my periods are non existant but deffo more regular and lighter. As for weightloss whilst on them, not sure if they affect me x

Cerazette was my favourite pill before I went on the implant! Never affected my weight loss and didn't have a period. Plus you have a 12 hour window to take it.

I'm currently on it, and it hasn't affected my weight at all it seems. I have a few issues with bleeds, but I had the same issues with the Depo injection, so it's more of a 'me' thing than a general thing.

I was on cerazette for about 7 months before coming off to TTC. I loved it - my periods completely stopped which was fab. It did take about 6 weeks for me to have a period after coming off it though and I have heard it can take longer.

I'm on it and its fine for weight loss for me. And no periods - yay!!!

yep i am on it and cant say i have had any problems apart form the odd period.
I have heard tho it can take a while for your periods to become regular after coming off to try for a baby!

my friend came off hers in november and only just got her period thursday!!! shes trying for a baby in may which was why she came off nov to get routine back!

Hi hun, just to say that if you have started Cerazette and you are not on a period you aren't protected from pregnancy for the first 7 days. Your DR should have explained this but just wanted to put it out there as when I last went to the FPC, the nurse tried to give me Cerazette in place of yasmin and tried to tell me it was the same thing in a different package!

Luckily I work in healthcare and was able to correct her but don't want the same thin happening to anyone else. x

Interesting you said about the Marvelon supply - I had a nightmare when I got prescribed it last week - have been on it for years and quite happy with it, Doc happily gave me another 6 months but when I went to get the actual prescrip, it took me until my 3rd pharmacy to actually have it in stock (supplier problems) - luckily I'm sorted until September, but seems, according to you lovelies, that Cerazette may be worth me mentioning to my Doc next time - don't think she could have known about the supplier problems - you'd think the Drs would be kept informed so as not to prescribe wouldn't you? x

Hi hun, just to say that if you have started Cerazette and you are not on a period you aren't protected from pregnancy for the first 7 days. Your DR should have explained this but just wanted to put it out there as when I last went to the FPC, the nurse tried to give me Cerazette in place of yasmin and tried to tell me it was the same thing in a different package!

Luckily I work in healthcare and was able to correct her but don't want the same thin happening to anyone else. x

I thought you were covered if you went straight from one pill to another as with all pills....
Also I didn't have periods when I went on it (and still dont) so how does that work if what you're saying is true?!

Hi, i was on cerezette for about 4 years and it was fab, no periods at all and because i suffered with horrendous peiods it was like a miracle cure for me, it didnt affect my weight at all, the only thing that happened to me was... i fell pregnant...with TWINS lol!! Think i may have been poorly and the pill didnt work so be careful if you get a tummy bug xx
Ive now had a tubal tie and have the mirena coil (just to be sure lol) and find the coil has hindered weight loss.

I thought you were covered if you went straight from one pill to another as with all pills....
Also I didn't have periods when I went on it (and still dont) so how does that work if what you're saying is true?!

The OP is changing from Yasmin, a combined oral contraceptive pill (COCP) to cerazzette, a progesterone only pill (POP). Even though they both do the same job they work in a different way and so you should use barrier contraception for the first 7 days of taking unless you start taking it whilst on a menstrual period.

As I said her healthcare provider should have informed her of this but mine tried to tell me something very different so just a 'heads up'.

Same here - its fine.....periods become non existant, and then you get the odd one every now and then!!!

Doesnt affect weight x

Same as my experiences of it.

You should never be given Marvelon if you experience Migraines. Can be risky.

Hi, I have been on Cerezette for over 2 years and loved it. Had no periods and hasnt hindered my weight loss. Sadly, had to come off it now as by body has started to react to it and it is caused me to be v. spotty, not really what I want in my late 20's!

Thanks you lovelies! Clareel, she did explain about changing pills. And Lucky7, I had never had a migraine until Yasmine. Apprently there are still supplier problems with Marevelon, and none at all round here. I put on 2 stone with depo,(never lost it) went back on Marvelon, then probs, wanted to kill on Microgynon, and everlasting TOTM, then I ahve never ever felt so ill as on Yasmine. I didn't get out of bed hardly for 2 days before going to Dr who told me to come off it immediately. She then suggested cerrazette. I asked about going back to Marvelon and she told me that better to get hormones balanced again without oestrogen. So cerrazette. But I am slightly scared now. I have taken my 1st one now, so thanks ladies, and wish me luck. If this doesn't work, I will ebcome a nun. I've ahd my family, so perhaps a more permananet method!

The OP is changing from Yasmin, a combined oral contraceptive pill (COCP) to cerazzette, a progesterone only pill (POP). Even though they both do the same job they work in a different way and so you should use barrier contraception for the first 7 days of taking unless you start taking it whilst on a menstrual period.

As I said her healthcare provider should have informed her of this but mine tried to tell me something very different so just a 'heads up'.

I also did the same, I was on combined pill (can't remember which one) and changed to cerazette and wasn't told this by my doctor or FPA

Back