Cereal bars for B choice

yummy-mummy2b

Other than the slimming world hi-fi bars and alpen lights, are there any other cheaper cereal bars that are a B choice?

Thanks

There are, but the website won't let me copy and paste them here. Do you have access to the website so you can check?

If you are a group/online member you will find a full list of HEs under the 'Eat and Slim" section of the SW website.

There are a few sainsbury cereal bars that are allowed as HEB but only one, not the two you get for Alpen Lights. And the same for Weetabix Oaty bars. The saibsbury one's probably the cheapest but not significantly less that the others I'm afraid. If you're not a member and want the exact details let me know.

Thanks for your replies!
Im not a group member so unfortunatly dont have access to the website.
Maybe ill just stick to the alpen as you can have 2 of those, and i do like to get the most out of my food! :crazy:

I know what you mean - the Oaty bars and the Sainsbury bars are all around 3.5/4 syns so it's easier just to syn them and save your HEb for something more worthwhile.

I tend to buy my Alpen lights in Poundland or the 99p store - they tend to have some boxes there all the time (although varying flavours). And a lot cheaper than the supermarkets sell them!

Really i have never seen them there, will have to keep an extra eye out now for them. Asda sometimes have them on offer, so i will stock up next time x

I've bought the alpen light bars and the weetabix oaty bars from Home Bargains for 99p a box.

If you are a group/online member you will find a full list of HEs under the 'Eat and Slim" section of the SW website.

There are a few sainsbury cereal bars that are allowed as HEB but only one, not the two you get for Alpen Lights. And the same for Weetabix Oaty bars. The saibsbury one's probably the cheapest but not significantly less that the others I'm afraid. If you're not a member and want the exact details let me know.

Just been trying to find this section on the body optimise site and it isnt there. Which is a bit pants really. As bodyoptimise members pay exactly the same as members that go to group and get one to one support.

You would think all the information would be the same.

Not exactly sure what the BodyOptimise site looks like - I have never been an online member so have only experienced what the lifeline online website looks like, which to be honest, provides almost all my info - not the supposed one-to-one support group members get.

On the lifeline online website, there's a drop down list in the section where syn values can be found and calculated, but under a heading of 'Latest Healthy Extras'.

Now, I *know* bodyoptimise has a food diary capability, and healthy extras should be able to be selected from there, with the full list.

Does this make things better as far as group membership vs online membership?

nope definately hasn't got it. Has a syns online option, where you can search for syns of foods by the following:

Search by manufacturer or brand Search for average everyday foods Search using keywords
but no option for healthy extra's apart from the basic healthy extra sheet print off, which list two cereal bars and that is it.

I don't see why they can't have the same online information for everyone. It seems they input a lot more stuff on the lifeline online part, which is a bit wrong, when as I mentioned in my previous post body optimise members pay the same as group members.

I live abroad so unfortunately have no choice but to use body optimise. They certainly don't like to make things easy.

Or it may be that the list is tailored to your part of the world? For instance the sainsbury bars wouldn't be available in north america :)

Hi Britmum

You can find the info on the BodyOptimise site under the food diary- just select the food diary section, which 'day' you are having, then select 'healthy extras' tab, 'B choice', 'cereal bars', and a drop down list appears

This and all the other lists on the food diary section are always kept up to date

xxxx

thanks Cocktail Mum. Have found them now.

I still don't understand why they can't have both sites exactly the same though. I wanted to read a members letter recently who had mentioned she had her letter featured and couldnt because it was only on the lifeline side and not body optimise.

thanks Cocktail Mum. Have found them now.

I still don't understand why they can't have both sites exactly the same though. I wanted to read a members letter recently who had mentioned she had her letter featured and couldnt because it was only on the lifeline side and not body optimise.

Have you emailed SW about this? I'm sure it's not only you who thinks this about the site - maybe a comment or two to SW might help change things?

nope isn't that either Circe, body optimise is the same information regardless of where you are.
Hey mate

On the bodyOptimise website they have now updated the 'Getting Started' section to take into account the new prevelance of EE- they now have seperate lists of syns, healthy extras and free/superfree food for UK & Ireland, USA & Canada and Australia & NZ

Thought of you when I saw it!
xxxxx

Back