Certain diets for certain people?????

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Dietingdon, 21 February 2009 Social URL.

1. Dietingdon

Dietingdon Silver Member

Start Weight:
    21st6lb
    Current Weight:
    21st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    Do people believe that certain people can only do certain diets? I can stick to CD 110%, but not to SW at all. Its like if I have a little, I want more.
    Do you think people have the will, but only on certain diets?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Oinkstop

Oinkstop Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st1lb
    Current Weight:
    16st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st6lb
    Lost(%):
    1st12lb(10.28%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge USA
    I think there really isn't any magic to dieting. I think people have different preferences, and they will stick to the diet that best fits their lifestyle.

I am sure I could stick to pretty much any diet if someone ELSE would cook, weigh, measure and dole it out. If I have to cook, forget it, I'll eat everything.

4. KD

KD Gone fishing

Diet:
    Was Cambridge, now maintaining
    Possibly, but I think people's preferences change too. What might work for them at one point in their lives, might not at another.

I remember thinking WW was the best thing ever once.....the SW was brilliant the next year.

Calorie counting was fantabulous.

Oh but Atkins was soooo much better.

Blah blah. Rotated regulary, each time eventually failing at them all.

5. IslandBreeze

IslandBreeze Castaway

LL made me realise I have an all-or-nothing personality. Hence I find it much easier to cut out entire food groups than to eat them in healthy moderation. That's something I need to work on for long-term health and weight maintenance I reckon. But at the moment I couldn't do SW/WW etc as I don't have that kind of self-control. So yes, I'd agree some diets suit some people better than others. But as KD says, it can also change over time.

6. biltsy

biltsy Peggy McParrot

Start Weight:
    15st5lb
    Current Weight:
    12st2.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    3st2.5lb(20.7%)
    Diet:
    cd started 19/1 09 now ww started 1/4/09
    I've found i can do points counting as in ww, but not when you have to do portion control as on ww and sw.. I did sw for 7 months and only lost 8lbs.....
    I've done atkins but again never lost a great amount..
    As i'd never heard of vlcd's. I thought i give it a go, and its works...hooray....
    So generally worried re maintaining

7. KD

KD Gone fishing

Diet:
    Was Cambridge, now maintaining
    Don't worry about it, but treat it with respect ;)

I think maintenance is a concern whatever diet.

With Cambridge you just realise what a big deal it is. On the more traditional diets it's easy to assume that it will be just a case of adding a bit more food but carrying on with counting.

In a way that is true, but it can often lead to a false sense of security in my opinion.

8. biltsy

biltsy Peggy McParrot

Start Weight:
    15st5lb
    Current Weight:
    12st2.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    3st2.5lb(20.7%)
    Diet:
    cd started 19/1 09 now ww started 1/4/09
    thanks kd

i've already decided to move up to 810 at week 13, then do that for a month then move up to 1000, and so on. I know my weight loss will decrease, but thats my plan....and also cos i don't think i have the mental discipline for doing ss for longer....lol

9. crazylilblondie

crazylilblondie Pizza addict

Start Weight:
    12st13lb
    Current Weight:
    12st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13lb(7.18%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    I do believe different people suit different diets.

I reckon CD is for the very strong, determined people with lots of willpower who are all or nothing sort of people.

Atkins I find is better for big meat eating blokes who already eat full english and steaks anyway.

WW/SW I find suits people who maybe have less to lose and just need to gradually maintain or lower their weight or perhaps are good at things in moderation.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.