Certain diets for certain people?????

Dietingdon

Silver Member
Do people believe that certain people can only do certain diets? I can stick to CD 110%, but not to SW at all. Its like if I have a little, I want more.
Do you think people have the will, but only on certain diets?

I think there really isn't any magic to dieting. I think people have different preferences, and they will stick to the diet that best fits their lifestyle.

I am sure I could stick to pretty much any diet if someone ELSE would cook, weigh, measure and dole it out. If I have to cook, forget it, I'll eat everything.

Do people believe that certain people can only do certain diets? I can stick to CD 110%, but not to SW at all. Its like if I have a little, I want more.
Do you think people have the will, but only on certain diets?

Possibly, but I think people's preferences change too. What might work for them at one point in their lives, might not at another.

I remember thinking WW was the best thing ever once.....the SW was brilliant the next year.

Calorie counting was fantabulous.

Oh but Atkins was soooo much better.

Blah blah. Rotated regulary, each time eventually failing at them all.

LL made me realise I have an all-or-nothing personality. Hence I find it much easier to cut out entire food groups than to eat them in healthy moderation. That's something I need to work on for long-term health and weight maintenance I reckon. But at the moment I couldn't do SW/WW etc as I don't have that kind of self-control. So yes, I'd agree some diets suit some people better than others. But as KD says, it can also change over time.

I've found i can do points counting as in ww, but not when you have to do portion control as on ww and sw.. I did sw for 7 months and only lost 8lbs.....
I've done atkins but again never lost a great amount..
As i'd never heard of vlcd's. I thought i give it a go, and its works...hooray....
So generally worried re maintaining

So generally worried re maintaining

Don't worry about it, but treat it with respect ;)

I think maintenance is a concern whatever diet.

With Cambridge you just realise what a big deal it is. On the more traditional diets it's easy to assume that it will be just a case of adding a bit more food but carrying on with counting.

In a way that is true, but it can often lead to a false sense of security in my opinion.

don't worry about it, but treat it with respect ;)

i think maintenance is a concern whatever diet.

With cambridge you just realise what a big deal it is. On the more traditional diets it's easy to assume that it will be just a case of adding a bit more food but carrying on with counting.

In a way that is true, but it can often lead to a false sense of security in my opinion.

thanks kd

i've already decided to move up to 810 at week 13, then do that for a month then move up to 1000, and so on. I know my weight loss will decrease, but thats my plan....and also cos i don't think i have the mental discipline for doing ss for longer....lol

I do believe different people suit different diets.

I reckon CD is for the very strong, determined people with lots of willpower who are all or nothing sort of people.

Atkins I find is better for big meat eating blokes who already eat full english and steaks anyway.

WW/SW I find suits people who maybe have less to lose and just need to gradually maintain or lower their weight or perhaps are good at things in moderation.

Back