Cham Char Diary - (moved to right section)

chamchar

Hello all, I'm brand new to MiniMins and almost as new to the Cambridge Diet. I saw two friends shrinking before my eyes and decided that I had had enough of yo-yo dieting, making good meal choices only to be defeated by incessant snacking, and of talking about goal weights but never getting close.

I never would have done a meal replacement diet before because I felt like it was cheating - I saw it as a quick fix, but I've spent too long being 13st something...and having crept up to almost 14st, I thought, well so what if you need a kick start to get closer to where you want to be.

Like so many of the other members on here I've tried loads of diets before, but I've been about this weight for about 5 years...I vaguely remember being 11 and a half stone, but I can put on weight so quickly with a couple of naughty weeks - why is it I never loose weight as quickly as I put it on - bring on Ketosis.

But I'm not quite there yet. Currently on day 3 of the diet so wanted to share my experiences so far, and see what other people are going through who are starting at the same time.

Start weight: 13st 13lbs
Goal Weight: 11st (seems impossible right now)

Day 1: SS - 3 shakes and a maple pecan porridge.

Well that was a mistake, the maple pecan was not for me, but I forced the whole damn thing down against my gag reflex's better judgement. The rest of the sachets are in a pile waiting to be exchanged for something tastier.

Day 2: SS + 3 shakes, an apple cinnamon porridge, and a cup of tea

I've decided to have the extra 200ml of skimmed milk a day. I'm a tea addict, and the idea of a cuppa without a drop of milk was torture. Apple and cinnamon porridge is a revelation. I'm going to have to work harder to eliminate the lumps of powder but it almost feels like real food.

Day 3: SS + 3 shakes and an apple cinnamon porridge.

Cappuccino shake for breakfast - this time I made a cup of black instant coffee and used that as the liquid. Hurrah, something that tastes like real coffee.

So far I'm not too hungry, drinking loads of water...but I keep reading about recipes, or seeing cookery problems on TV, and realise that if I stick on SS for the 8 weeks - that's 8 weeks before I'm close to having any of my favourite meals.

Hopefully this diary might keep me on the straight and narrow.

Day 5

So I'm on Day 5 already and I've managed to stick with it, and I think I'm losing weight.

I'm staying with my parents this weekend so my resolve has been tested. Despite asking not to be fed, my dad ahd bought all the ingredients for a super healthy Salad Nicoise, and I felt like a bit of a cow turning it down. But he's really understanding that I'm on a new diet and want to give it a proper go.

To be honest i think he like my boyfriedn, think that the sachets of shakes is a bit faddy - hopefully with my super weightloss I'll be able to prove them wrong.

The only negative is that I don't think I'm in ketosis yet...I'm certainly still getting hunger pains but managing to ride them through with glass upon glass of water, green tea, and the odd cuppa with my skimmed milk allowance.

I'm sure hope it's going to get easier to ignore the hunger pains. Perhaps if I stopped reading about amazing food, but it's all the magazines at my parents house seem to be about.

Roll on weigh in day (tuesday)

Hi, your doing well so keep going it will start to get easier soon. Make sure your drinking loads of water too that seems to help. This is my second time doing cwp, i started on tuesday, this time I started at 13.5 I'd love to be 9.7 but gonna try get to 10.7. I try to remind myself that this isn't forever and try to think how good it will feel to fit in size 12 jeans to keep me on track xx

Thanks Tigger - we started on the same day - Hope you're finding it okay 2nd time round - is it easier cos you've done it before??

I can't imagine being in size 12 clothes, haven't worn that size since I was a teenager - but it would be amazing if I could achieve that. But 11stone seems a distant enough goal for me for now...

It's not really easier second time round just know what to expect. I'm not hungry on the diet I just crave food all the time so I come on here a lot to try keep my mind off food. And try drink 4 litres of water to keep full. First weigh in is always a good one second can be a bit disheartening as less but I try to think of amount lost in total and remind myself it's not forever. Xx

Day 6

One more day to get through until I weigh in and find out what my weight is.

About a month ago I was 13st 3lbs, and by the time I'd started CD I had put on ten pounds - my last big binge I guess. So I'm really hoping I am much closer to 13st 3lbs by this time tomorrow.

I managed to get through the rest of my weekend, including a gig with lost of people drinking, while I abstained, without succumbing to temptation. But I ended up missing a sachet - I'm hoping it doesn't make too much of a difference as I'm on 4 a day.

Today, back at work, and find it much easier to be good when I have this routine. When I'm sat at my desk i can keep busy - but the moment I get home the temptation kicks in.

I only see my counsellor once a month, so my weigh in tomorrow will be at boots, I like getting the little slip of paper as evidence - hopefully of good news. Does anyone else do it this way? I'm hoping that I can do this without needing weekly support - fingers crossed.

Oh - and told my mum that I was on Cambridge, she used to sell it about 25 years ago - and she sent me a nice email telling me how proud she was of me of taking action and doing something about my weight. I hope I can make her proud.

Yea being busy def helps. I don't see a cdc either every week I just get my supply and weigh myself, first time round I went every week but it was a 40 minute drive and i can't afford the petrol plus the shakes so I'm going it alone this time. Looking forward to weighing in 2moro too. Let's hope for good losses xx

Day 7 - WEIGH DAY

So I weighed in first thing this morning - couldn't bring myself to look at the display on the machine in boots, so waited until my slip of paper got spat out...13st 2lbs. I can't believe it. 11 pounds off in the first week.

So excited as this is the lightest I have been all year - 4 months of dedicated calorie counting only got me to 13st 3lbs, and I've beaten that already.

Doesn't feel real, and now I'm nervous that I'll go off the rails - especially as I'm out tonight, but I'm going to remember how good it feels to be losing weight and I'd love to be celebrating another significant weight loss next week.

Hope everyone else is having a good day. Tigger I'll be looking out for your weigh in news!!

Chloe
x

Week 1 = -11lbs

That's brilliant we'll done, really pleased for you. I lost 11 lbs as well so really pleased with that and tried a pair of jeans on I couldnt do button up on last week and yay they do up. Try to remember when out tonight how good you felt losing 11 lbs this week and that if your good you will get another loss next week and hopefully get the first stone off which will feel great and be a better feeling than eating or drinking something for one night. Xx

Thanks Tigger - SNAP on the weight loss. You're right getting rid of that first stone will be amazing - sparkling water for me tonight.

Yep it def will, I'm already excited for next week, I'll be happy if can get just 3 lbs off so hit the 1 stone and if is more then that will be a bonus. I know next week won't be another massive loss but if is 3 lbs a stone in 2 weeks is great, wouldn't get that result on say sw or ww. Then I'll concentrate on the next stone, little targets feel easier to reach

Julie xx

Day 10

Not been on here for a couple of days because work has been so incredibly busy - but the good side of that is that I've not had time to think about food when I'm at work.

Congratulations Julie on getting into the old jeans...I'm wearing mine ot work today for the first time in ages, without rolls of fat coming over the top of the waist badn - feels really good, although they are still a little snug. Hopefully we are both well on our way to a 3 pound loss this week.

I'm finding work really difficult at the moment, I feel like I'm being pulled in too many directions, and so dreading coming in in the mornings which isn't really me, so the fact that i feel really tired I don't know whether to blame on the diet or the work load - or perhaps it is a bit of both.

Last night I went out with some friends from my old job, which was lovely, and kind of made me miss the old place. I'm pretty isolated here, which most of the time I don't mind, but today is getting to me a bit. Of course last night there was booze so I had 3 gin and slimline tonics, and then a couple of slimline tonics on their own. I can't think that they will have been too bad for me, but I know alcohol is banned on this diet, I just can't seem to go more than a week without having some meet up where everyone is having a drink. And lasts night I really wanted one, so I just did it. Bah!

Anyway definitely feeling smaller in some of my clothes, so avoiding the temptation to step on the scales till Tuesday morning - seems like a long time to go right now though.

Chloe

How did your weigh in go, I did 4lbs so really pleased with that, hit the 1 stone mark yay. I'd love to get 5lbs next week so go into the 11's but not gonna get my hopes up. X

DAY 14 - WEIGH IN NO.2

WELL DONE JULIE - that's fantastic. I lost five pounds - I was really only hoping for that three, so the extra 2 pounds off was a real bonus and has cheered me up this morning.

I've not been 100% SS this week - had a BBQ I'd promised to go to so kept to salad and protein and only ate two tiny pieces of bread and a bit of cous cous, so hopefully my carbs were kept low enough that I'll stay in ketosis.

Still not sure I'm actually in ketosis, I have no feelings of euphoria, or loads of energy that other people have talked about on the message boards, if anything I'm more tired than ever.

Next week is going to be really tricky as I'm off to see my boyf's family in Scotland - not sure how I'm going to be able to manage. Going to keep reading everyone's posts to keep me on track.

Julie - keep me posted on how you're getting on too...I'll have fingers crossed for a 5 pound loss for you this week!

Oh my goodness today has been a long day at work, and it's not getting any easier at the moment. I only have 3 days left in the office which is a good thing...but I'm not sure I'm going to get everything done in time. I think tomorrow night I might be working late.

I went shopping at lunchtime - for clothes. I haven't gone willingly into a fitting room in ages. the only clothes I have bought have been essentials, or I've bought things online - I only really like buying shoes and handbags cos I always fit into them.

I bought a pair of trousers from banana republic in the sale for £25 - they are still a size 16, but I haven't been able to fit into their clothes for years. And then I bought a camisole black lace nightie for my holiday. So hopefully the other half will appreciate the effort!! The idea that I could actually feel sexy is beyond ludicrous, but I want to make the holiday special. We've been together 3 and a half years, and I'm hoping he'll ask the big question sometime soon.

I haven't drunk any water today, I'm gasping and need to make sure I buy a big 2 liter bottle to have on my desk tomorrow, otherwise it just won't happen, and I know it's essential. I'll have to go home and down a couple of pints!!

Hi, not been on for a while, how was your trip away. Well just weighed myself and lost 3lbs so I'm happy with that, so hopefully next week I'll hit the 11's. How are you getting on. X

Well I blew it last night in big style, went to party and was only going to have a couple which turned into most of a bottle of vodka mixed with full fat coke and energy drinks which then led to a bowl of chips in the pub then a pizza in kebab shop, dam! Regretting it today as prob messed up this weeks loss, come out of ketosis and got the hang over from hell so really wasn't worth it but was good at the time. Oh well gonna try get back on it today 100% again and hope not done to much damage, really want food tho :( x x

Hey, how's it going your not been on for a while. Lost 2lbs this week which was a shock after Friday nights antics, i was so expecting a gain. Hope to hear how your got on. X

Hi Julie, I'm back, and back from the week away in Edinburgh.

Well done on your weight loss, how much is that on total. You must be in the 11s now??? Trust me in comparison to what I ate while I was away your Friday night is tame in comparison, and you did really well to still lose 2 pounds and get back on it.

My trip away was so lovely, relaxing by the banks of Loch Lomond - but the buffet breakfast was my un-doing. When will I become a grown up and stop myself from eating EVERYTHING. Because breakfast was included I felt I had to get my money's worth...which meant (don't look now if you don't want to think about food) full scottish breakfast, lemon drizzle cake, cereal, toast, bagels, brioche, croissants - I think i ate some fruit too, but that was more to show willing than anything.

So when I got back on Saturday morning I was straight back onto sole source, weighed in yesterday and I've managed to stay at 12st 11lbs - I'm sure that went up and then down again during my trip away :). Could have been soooo much worse.

So I'm now on Day 5 back on SS, hoping Ketosis has kicked in, and I've just got my new pack from my counsellor - including bars. Had a peanut one last night, was lovey - but I could have eaten two. Going to keep them for when I'm having a spectacularly bad day at work and need cheering up.

chlo

Back