Cham Char Diary - (moved to right section)

Sounds like you had a fab time and why not enjoy the food, can soon sort a gain out. Well I've completely gone off the rails since weekend, been eating lots of naughty things I shouldn't, took my daughter to the coast a couple of times and fell mouth open onto chips, hot dogs, ice cream, donuts and god knows what else and manged to go from 11st 13 back up to 12st 3, oops. Well back on it again today and going to try be 100% but I've had to buy slim and save products instead as money bit tight at the mo and can't afford cd at mo so I'm hoping the results won't be to different. So today is my new weigh in day starting a fresh so hoping by next Thursday I'll have got at least 4lbs off and be back to 11st 13 and be back in ketosis as I'm starving already and been great going all day and not feeling hungry so fingers crossed I don't cave. X

Oh Dear Julie - sounds like me, once you're spending time with family and friends it's really hard to keep to it. I'm lucky in a way that I spend most of the day tied to my desk no chance of temptation...either way you're still a good few pounds in front of me so you've got to keep going and I'll have my fingers crossed that by next week your back int he 11s.

Does slim and save taste the same/nicer?? It does seem like such a lot of money doesn't it, handing over £250 in cash on Tuesday was not a fun experience. But then I think about the cost of all the things I'm not buying - percy pigs from M&S being the big one, I'm a sucka for those and will spend £2 without a thought on that. In fact most of my money goes on food and eating out...don't have a family yet - so i know that will all change soon. One of the things that keeps me on the straight and narrow is knowing how much it's costing me, can't afford not to take it seriously.

HAve also just booked some time off in Spet, thinking of getting some late summer sun...but NEED to be 11st 7 by then...that's 8 weeks away...and 18 pounds to lose - yikes!

Ah id love to book a hol not been away for years, maybe ill book one once got to target, be good incentive. Well I've only just started it today and so far had the sweet porridge, apart from being runny and i added a sweetener it was quite nice. Got a lemon, yogurt and white Choc bar to have later and prob having chilli for tea so hope they taste ok. I'm meant to also add 100g of either chicken or fish ect and 200g of veg off a list got given but think I'm just gonna stick to the 3 packs this week and see how goes. X

Well the lemon bar was really nice shame wasn't bigger tho lol and just had the chilli but decided to have mushrooms and broccoli with it and it wasn't to bad. Can't wait for ketosis been soooo hungry today :( X

Week 5 Weigh In

Well it's not bad news but it's not great news either.

1 pound off...which means in the last 3 weeks I have only lost 1 pound. I know why - it's because I haven't been sticking to this 100% - when you do the diet works, but it's depressing to know that the couple of days that i've lost control have undone the 5 good days that I had this week.

Having said that I had a lovely weekend with friends at a BBQ so I'm glad I did it, but this week I'm going to be much stricter with myself, and I'm upping the exercise.

This time next week I hope I'm going to be announcing 3 pounds off, which will definitely take me to my next mini-goal of 80kg.

Until then!

Let me know how you get on Julie!!

Don't worry it's still a loss not a gain and if your enjoyed yourself dont worry about it, start a fresh. Well I weighed myself this morning and I've lost 7lbs but if you take off the 4lbs I put on its a loss of 3lbs so happy with that. Not really sure how done it as I've been missing packs and eating food but I've been pretty good with what I've eaten trying to stick to protein apart from the KFC I ate yesterday, im crap at diets lol. Well gonna try be good this week and stick to it but got a BBQ Saturday and sod it im gonna eat what I want and try undone the damage before next weigh in. Hope ur doing ok. X

7lbs, that's amazing Julie, well done. I Just ate 5 crisps...i know counting the no. is ridiculous, but it makes me feel better that it's not a whole packet. But other than that I've been good since Tuesday. Sticking to eating protein is my problem, I can never seem to do it - gimme carbs every time. I think we know why I'm here don't we??

Weigh Day - Week 6

Hurrah - I'm back on track. I can't say that I was 100% saintly this week. But I stuck to SS as much as possible and it paid off. 5 pounds off. I'm so excited. I really wanted to lose 3 pounds to get me down to 12 and a half stone...and now I'm 12 stone 5 pounds. I am filled with new found optimism that I can keep at this and keep going.

Things I'm still finding hard - drinking enough water, not insisting on smelling my other half's dinner every night - he says it's beginning to get creepy and saying no to a glass of wine (which inevitably leads to 2 or 3).

Things I'm finding easier - exercise, which I'm so excited about. I normally go to the gym 3 times a week and in the first couple of weeks of SS I was finding myself so tired that I couldn't go to the gym at all, by week 3 a gentle swim was still all I could manage. But now I'm back into my spin classes and have started doing Pilates - hoping to tone up my arms so that I can wear vest tops once I've got to target. It'll be winter by then, but I'll be wearing vest tops in defiance.

Julie - hit me up, how are you doing???

So last night the boy and I watched the horizon documentary on fasting - and I'm definitely going to see if I can do alternate day fasting (ADF) when I finally come off Cambridge. The fasting days are limited to 500 calories - which when you're doing cambridge doesn't seem so hard....and then on the feed days you can eat whatever you want (ideally keeping to 2000 calories). Plus there appear to be big health benefits. What I'm amazed by is how much my other half seems to be up for this. He's really supportive of me being on Cambridge - he has the odd taste of my milkshakes and loves them, but he'd never do the diet himself. Obviously he sees me losing weight and is really pleased for me, but he wouldn't give up real food. But the ADF regime is something that we can do together - and I'm hoping that it'll mean that I won't put on the weight that I have lost on Cambridge. So I've already ordered the book off amazon. It's amazing what one good weight loss week can do to inspire you and keep you motivated.

I've got a busy week - including an away day with work which includes lunch - no avoiding that - but I'm hoping that I can keep on the straight and narrow at all other times and lose 2 pounds this week.

Hiya, well done on your loss that's brilliant, really chuffed for you, really helps with the motivation. The diet sounds interesting what your talking about, might google it and have a read. Well yet again I've had a crap week and blew it big time, ate like a pig Saturday at BBQ then Wednesday I had a Chinese and last night an Indian so I'm not surprised by the 3lb gain but I'm starting again today and gonna be 100% (well try) and try shift the weight and I've got a mate starting today so hoping that will be a motivation for me to stick to it, so here's to a new week and hopefully a loss off more than 3lbs so lose what I've put on this week. X

Oh dear, if it's any consolation the last two days have been an utter disaster for me - i knew they'd be bad, but I've been really really terrible. So I think I'll be putting on next weigh day. I hope having a pal join will help keep you on the straight an narrow - it can be so hare to keep up the motivation. Plus the boy brought home a new set of scales the other day - i don't really like to have them in the house as i spend my entire time getting on and off them checking my weight.

I'm as bad with scales, I'm on them every morning but it helps me as if I get on and I've not lost anything then I try up my water that day so I can hopefully see even the slightest of a loss the next day even if it's only 1/4 of a lb. Well today ive felt crap, tired and bad head, obviously trying to get back into ketosis so hoping 2moro I'll be in it or at least felling less pants, my own fault for going on silly binges lol. X

Weigh Day - week 7

So I didn't weigh in this week.

I knew that if I did seeing how much weight I had put on would make me lose my way so I made a decision to just get back to 100% SS and see what happens next week.

I knew the week would be bad, but I really didn't help myself.

I'm falling out of love with CD a little bit. I don't miss chewing per se, I just wish that I was eating normal food, and when I do I go nuts and eat everything.

But I've got to remember this is a temporary stage, and that if I can keep on this for a little while longer then I can start eating healthily and have food again.

Sigh - it's just when I have weeks like this I feel like I've gone back to the beginning.

I'm going to remember how positive I felt last week after my 5 pound loss and get back on it. Whoop Whoop. This week I'm going to try to get to 12st 4. By writing this diary I can't ignore my goals!!!

Hope you're getting on better than me Julie!!

Chloe

Weigh Day Week 8

I've put on a pound - argh!!! So annoying - but that was across 2 weeks and there were 3 whole days of eating exactly what I damn like, so it's not surprising that my body has stopped losing - but I was hoping I hadn't put on.

Oh well.

I think I'm definitely nearing the end of my VLCD journey. I am seeing my counsellor tomorrow and getting another 4 weeks supply - but after that I'm going to move onto JUDD.

Which means I've really got to make these four weeks count. When I started I was so good, no booze, no sneaky slices of cheese (last night I was fed up and just cracked - two slices of cheddar which I know is the worst possible thing to snack on and I wasn't even hungry).

So I've looked ahead in my diary at the unavoidable things coming up - weddings, family birthday meals out for example, and the ones that i can manage - drinks with friends - no booze for me just sparkling water. I'm not feeling positive per se, but I am going to give this a shot. It's silly to spend all this money on it and not make a proper go of it.

So in total 8 weeks on the plan. 21 pounds lost. About 2.5 pounds per week. It's still better than I would have done on any other plan - but I wish I could have stayed more motivated, I would have been much closer to my goal weight by now if I had. Them's the breaks though huh?

So I saw my counsellor yesterday - and although she said my inches loss was good, she was disappointed that I hadn't lost more weight...she rightly pointed out it's pointless restricting yourself to only lose 2 pounds a week, I could do that with any other plan. So she has filled me with more enthusiasm.

There are still 5 dates in the next four weeks where I can't be 100% but all the other occasions I was going to "let myself off" have been scratched. I'm going to try to get back to doing 100% and losing loads of weight each week like i did at the beginning.

What she said was so true, when I have lots of weight to lose I'm really good, but the moment I start feeling a bit better about myself and how I look I get careless, which is how I got myself into this lardy mess to start with. I can't say I'm looking forward to being 100% for another 4+ weeks, but I am looking forward to hitting my goal weight.

It's going to happen!

Oh dear, I've put on another pound. This is such a nuisance. But I'm refusing to give in.

This weekend was a write off, family birthdays and having friends round - but I'm getting better at saying no to seeing friends again, I can't seem to meet up with people without ending up having a drink - or 4 (last night was another classic example). My only way to get through SS is to abstain from seeing anyone completely. So I'm out again tonight - longstanding commitment, but then after that I'm on 7 days of 100%.

wish me luck.

Back