Change of dress size - frustrated!!

Lisawilson08

Hi all :)

I have A LOT of weight to lose and so far have lost 3.5 stone in 13 weeks (lets ignore the little put on over Xmas). However, I have not changed dress size at all and can really see no major difference in myself.

I am starting to get really frustrated as I see posts with people losing a stone and dropping two dress sizes etc. I know I am a lot bigger and have a lot to lose, but it is very disheartening.

Has anyone else had this issue? Or have any tips x

Well done on ur weight loss so far that is fab. I had 4 stone to lose when I started and it took me to lose 2 stone 6lbs before I dropped from a 16 to a 14. This frustrated me but honestly keep at it others will c it before u xxx

Everyone loses differently. As well as external body fat we have a lot of internal body fat around our organs. Chances are you could be losing it off there first which is great. Once it's gone from there you'll probably drop dress sizes quickly as it changes to losing external fat. Also did you do measurements at the beginning? Quite often we can think we aren't losing externally when really we are. I know I won't lose dress sizes quickly as I'm only 2 sizes bigger now than I was when I was 6 stone lighter.

everyone has given good advice here but it is worth considering whether you were squeezing into whatever size you were to start with? i know i was telling myself i was a size 24 when started but not all my 24s were comfortable and i was wearing some size 26s too. it took me 3 stone to drop into 22s because i was kidding myself that i was a 24 to being with.

Took me a good 3 stone until I really noticed a difference in clothes size and then suddenly I seem to be a new size every five minutes!

I was a size 28-26 in jeans when I started SW and I'm now a size 20 but most of that had happened between 3 - 4 and a bit stone.

You're doing amazing, keep going and you will see the rewards! xxx

Hi all :)

I have A LOT of weight to lose and so far have lost 3.5 stone in 13 weeks (lets ignore the little put on over Xmas). However, I have not changed dress size at all and can really see no major difference in myself.

I am starting to get really frustrated as I see posts with people losing a stone and dropping two dress sizes etc. I know I am a lot bigger and have a lot to lose, but it is very disheartening.

Has anyone else had this issue? Or have any tips x

I lost two stone and didn't have a dress size change until I started reshaping and toning my body with exercise.

It's differant for everybody though :)

Thanks for all the comments :)

I know it will happen if I keep going, and to be honest I think I was squeezing in to the wrong size! I will just keep plodding on hehe xx

Back