Changing group?

Legomom

Gold Member
Sorry if this is in the wrong place!! I tried a search of old threads but nothing seemed to come up :(

Just wondered how I go about changing groups? My current leader is rubbish, and she keeps giving out info I know is wrong. Last week she actually told one lady in front of all of us that it was best if she left the group because she'd gained for three weeks in a row!!

The last straw was this week. Group was moved to wed because of the bank holiday. I turned up in torrential rain really needing a freindly boost after a very naughty bank holiday!!! But they just took my Fiver without acknowledging me.....Didn't ask how my week was. Didn't even crack a smile when I weighed in and had lost. Then informed me there was no body image session as the room was only booked for 40mins. I could have happily stayed home in the dry and weighed my blooming self!!!

I'm bot being mean to her but i paid for a specific service and I'm just not getting it. Shes rubbish. I want to try another group but how do I move? I don't want to have to pay ANOTHER joining fee. Also I wondered about the weight I've already lost? Is it stored on my card? Because I'm almost at my first sticker and I kinda want it lol if I have to pay again then I won't bother. I'll go it alone from home I think.

Pretty sure it's stored on your car because you can go in and weigh somewhere else if you can't make that meeting so it must be. Sounds like you should definitely move. Why don't you find another nearby consultant and give them a call about it?

It's on your card. People change groups for all kinds of reasons. No need to bring up your old consultant with the new one (maybe best not to if they possibly know each other - if all in local area chances are they do). If the consultant isn't working for you then it's def time to change groups (and, as above poster says, maybe contact HO).

ive just changed groups
i rang the leader of the group i wanted to change to
she told me to come along and weigh in as normal and if i liked the group she would put a request to tranfer to her group in, its the best thing i did
as i felt my other group was a bit pants too
she puts a request in so it keeps your fees right so u just keep paying your 4.95 no extra fees or anything
good luck

Sorry if this is in the wrong place!! I tried a search of old threads but nothing seemed to come up :(

Just wondered how I go about changing groups? My current leader is rubbish, and she keeps giving out info I know is wrong. Last week she actually told one lady in front of all of us that it was best if she left the group because she'd gained for three weeks in a row!!

The last straw was this week. Group was moved to wed because of the bank holiday. I turned up in torrential rain really needing a freindly boost after a very naughty bank holiday!!! But they just took my Fiver without acknowledging me.....Didn't ask how my week was. Didn't even crack a smile when I weighed in and had lost. Then informed me there was no body image session as the room was only booked for 40mins. I could have happily stayed home in the dry and weighed my blooming self!!!

I'm bot being mean to her but i paid for a specific service and I'm just not getting it. Shes rubbish. I want to try another group but how do I move? I don't want to have to pay ANOTHER joining fee. Also I wondered about the weight I've already lost? Is it stored on my card? Because I'm almost at my first sticker and I kinda want it lol if I have to pay again then I won't bother. I'll go it alone from home I think.

Absolutely disgusted at this! You can go to any group in the country no questions asked and I certainly would not go back there!Your card details just continue and you wont lose your history.I would complain to H O too as this is comment was so unkind, unnecessary, and totally unprofessional and would put a lot of people off actually joining S W and thereby missing out on a fantastic weight loss plan.Sorry about rant, just feel very passionately about this sort of thing. :( :( :(Hope all goes well for you

I'm going to WI at group on Monday as I've not been able to organise myself childcare for another group yet but after that I'm going to one in a different village with a lovely lady from school. She says they do all the nice things like taster sessions and challenges and raffles :) fingers crossed!! I'm a sad sack really. I love things like recipe raffles and taster nights!!! This is why I am a closet soccer mom loooool!!'

PPS

If the lady who got told to leave shows up I'm going to quietly offer her lifts to the new group. I'll be driving anyway and she must live near me as I see her walking her dog!!! We can escape together lol!!!

I moved group because I moved house, you just tell the lady who you pay that you want to move, your new consultant will have to get your information from your old consultant or have it transferred over or something, but while that's happening you can still go to your new group as a visitor... if you have a few groups to choose from it might be an idea to go to a couple of each of their meetings before deciding which one to transfer to. The only problem with that is if you need to book any holidays you have to do it with your current consultant

Sorry just seen you've already changed. Good luck with your new group :) did you ever see the lady who was asked to leave? must have been mortifying for her bless her, would be great if you could get her to go to your new group but I wouldn't be surprised if she'd been put off weight loss groups for life

I don't change till next week :( can I just pop along to a few groups as a visitor? I'll be honest.... I don't really want to pay that many fivers out this week lol I'm saving for hubby's birthday!!! Or can I go to more than one meeting a week as long as I pay at the first one?

donna88 said:
I moved group because I moved house, you just tell the lady who you pay that you want to move, your new consultant will have to get your information from your old consultant or have it transferred over or something, but while that's happening you can still go to your new group as a visitor... if you have a few groups to choose from it might be an idea to go to a couple of each of their meetings before deciding which one to transfer to. The only problem with that is if you need to book any holidays you have to do it with your current consultant

Sorry just seen you've already changed. Good luck with your new group :) did you ever see the lady who was asked to leave? must have been mortifying for her bless her, would be great if you could get her to go to your new group but I wouldn't be surprised if she'd been put off weight loss groups for life

This sounds quite complicated :( I haven't booked any holiday yet as we don't know whether we're having one this year.

When I went to my first meeting, she sat with me at the beginning and explained it all, gave me the books and filled in the form and then gave it all to me, told me to come and sit for the meeting, join in where I want and can and then at the end what I did was up to me. I could go and give in my form, pay my fee and be weighed or I could hand it all back over and pay nothing and walk away. I think if you explained the the consultant that your last group wasn't right for you so you want to try out the group to see if theirs is, they'd let you sit in for free.

I don't change till next week :( can I just pop along to a few groups as a visitor? I'll be honest.... I don't really want to pay that many fivers out this week lol I'm saving for hubby's birthday!!! Or can I go to more than one meeting a week as long as I pay at the first one?

No you can visit as many groups you want in a week without paying apparently (never tried it myself) but you can only get weighed once (which would be the one you pay for) But if you've found a group your happy with, I wouldn't worry about it.
Sorry I made it sound more complicated then it is, have a word with whoever you pay and they may want you to speak to the new consultant or just leave them a note (might be an idea to have a word with your new consultant anyway) the consultants sort it all out, you don't have to worry about doing anything else.

Legomom said:

My consultant said this week that you are able to go to as many sessions of image therapy as you like for your 4.95 as long as you only weigh in once in that week.

Hope that helps,

B x

Ive signed up for class (to buy the books) but want to go it alone.... Does anyone know how I go about 'quitting' so that at a later date if I ever want to rejoin i won't be charged 1000s in back fees

Just don't go back, if you ever want to join again you either pay a certain amount to keep your info (you wouldn't want to do that anyway as you won't have any weight loss history) or you can just sign up as a new member again

This sounds quite complicated :( I haven't booked any holiday yet as we don't know whether we're having one this year.

I changed groups about a month ago. I went to the new group as a visitor the first week to see if I liked it, then the second week when I handed my card to the pay lady I just asked to be transferred, she clicked a couple of buttons and it was all done. :) simples.

dreamslim said:
I changed groups about a month ago. I went to the new group as a visitor the first week to see if I liked it, then the second week when I handed my card to the pay lady I just asked to be transferred, she clicked a couple of buttons and it was all done. :) simples.

That sounds much easier!! Thankyou x

Back