Changing lighter life to exante

jaqui62

Hi everyone,

I have decided to change from LL to exante two reasons really the cost and the cost lol, from £75 per week to £25 is such a vast difference and to be honest it tastes better.
I did not find the group very inspiring came away feeling that the counselling could have been much better! has anyone else had the same thoughts.

jaqui

Hi Jaqui

I did Lighter Life a couple of years ago and lost 3 stone with them. I wouldn't do it again simply because of the cost. I am surprised they still charge so much when other companies, eg Exante, will still make a good profit (I presume) on their prices. I know LL offer the counselling service, but surely it doesn't equate to the difference in price? Anyway, I loved the groups. I made a lot of good friends and we had a real good laugh. However, I did find that sometimes it tried to pigeon hole you in to a category that just simply didn't exist. They didn't seem to accept the fact that some people just love food and that was the reason they needed LL! I know I ate for emotional reasons and that was my problem at the time, but I've got lots of friends who just love eating - for no other reason than they love the taste of food (unfortunately this is also where I find myself now - I just love food!). You've got to do what's best for you, and at a time like this when money is tight for most people, you've got to do whatever works for you. If you don't enjoy the LL classes, then it sounds like you've done the right thing by switching.

Hope all goes well x

Hi everyone,

I have decided to change from LL to exante two reasons really the cost and the cost lol, from £75 per week to £25 is such a vast difference and to be honest it tastes better.
I did not find the group very inspiring came away feeling that the counselling could have been much better! has anyone else had the same thoughts.

jaqui

Hi Jaqui, I have previously done Cambridge and thought that was expensive at £47 per week but LL is extortionate at £75 :eek:

The quality of counselling can vary significantly depending on the person delivering the session. My sister is currently doing LL plan and cannot manage without her weekly 'therapy' support group, and suppose we all have different coping mechanisms. If you feel you can manage without then you are in the right place! The support for each other on this forum is excellent because we are all trying to achieve the same aim whatever plan you follow. It free, you dont have to leave the house, you have nothing to lose only lbs and not £'s, good luck on Exante ;)

I can't believe people pay £75!!

I have friends that have done LL and they justified the cost by saying they spent more on alcohol, food, takeaways etc but I just don't think it's worth that much money to eat a few food packs and have someone tell you what you already know - i.e. we eat too much of the wrong foods and probably don't exercise enough!

I'm saving shed loads of money doing Exante, I'm not skint a few days before payday anymore! I get myself a couple of treats per months like make up or smelly stuff (LOVE Soap & Glory!!) and save the rest of the money ready to splurge on a new wardrobe in the summer. I couldn't do that on £75 per week!!

Hi Im actually coming from Cambridge to Exante when I get the delivery 2 mrw and hoping to god it tastes just as good as cd,
Ive just been laid off so cost is a major factor and after ordering a months supply today for only £100 I think its amazing just hope it suits me.
Cambridge actually make the LL shakes so I was told by my old consultant, so are the same just the cost is soooo much higher god knows how they justify it especially when exante is £25
After reading posts on hear saying cd'ers prefer exante im hoping ive made the right move.

I couldnt agree more with you Jojo76, I keep trying to persuade my sister to ditch LL as she can ill afford it and try Exante or another VLCD but has been informed by her LL therapist ................."no other VLCD is as successful as LL and you will fail doing anything else and return within weeks with even more weight to lose." :eek::eek: Hmm make what you will of that bold statement!!

I couldnt agree more with you Jojo76, I keep trying to persuade my sister to ditch LL as she can ill afford it and try Exante or another VLCD but has been informed by her LL therapist ................."no other VLCD is as successful as LL and you will fail doing anything else and return within weeks with even more weight to lose." :eek::eek: Hmm make what you will of that bold statement!!

I understand that for some people the counselling can be beneficial, but I think that for the vast majority of people as long as you have the right mindset and you are 100% committed they you will succeed.

The only downside for me is the re-feeding bit after a VLCD, however I also think that LL stretch this out unnecessarily for 12 weeks just to maximise the amount o money they can extract from you!

I have sent time researching online, reading forums etc an have my own plan for re-feeding. The bottom line is that everyones body is different and re-feeds might need to be done at different speeds and levels. I'll watch what I eat carefully, if I gain one week I'll cut back until I have the balance right. And exercise more!

I talked about this with my Doctor this week and she agreed!

Hey Jaqui, good luck on exante.
I did LL years ago twice with 2 different councellers and found them to be absolutely rubbish!
The price was lower then (£66 a week) but it was still way more than I was spending on food a week!

I hope you enjoy exante :)

Hi

I too did LL and my counsellor was great BUT I was excited about doing the diet and think that I'd have achieved the same results doing any VLCD. That said, I did make some lovely friends, one of whom is my daughters god-mother. However, I did put on most of the weight that I'd lost (over 5 years & 2 children later). I did have another stab at LL sometime after my first attempt but was really unimpressed when that counsellor literally read through the book rather than having the knowledge in her head. I honestly felt that I could do a better job and gave up after a couple of weeks.

You have to be in the right mindset to do s VLCD regardless of who you do it through. Once you're in it, I do believe that you'll succeed with or without counselling.

£75 is extortionate for a week's supply and really reinforces how good value Exante is!

Back