Changing my ways

121o121

Hi

I've just joined today as I'm trying to change my habits and lose some weight. I'm a 30 year old male weighing around the 13st 6lb mark. That may not sound that bad, but I want to lose about a stone and a half, which will put my in the middle of my target weight.

My main aim is to stop drinking alcohol. I wouldn't say I'm a binge drinking or an alcoholic, but my BMI is over what it should be. I also eat alot of rubbish.

I stopped drinking alcohol and started to eat more healthily from Fri 18th October 2013. My biggest trouble was not eating breakfast (and sometimes no lunch) and pigging out in the evening washed down with a few beers (quite a few sometimes).

So thats a bit about me. I want to use this diary as a commitment to my self and so I can track my progress over the coming weeks and months. I want to stay off the alcohol for the rest of the year, at least until Christmas.

So my weight is generally around the 14st mark, give or take a couple of lb's. I weighed myself last Monday (Monday's are my weigh in day) and I was 13st 6 1/4lb.

I'm not on a hard diet and starving myself for a quick fix. I'm still eating the same portion sizes etc but chosing low fat meals, less bread, alot more fruit and veg and cutting out crisps and chocolate and of course, the alcohol.

I will weigh myself this evening when I hope to be around the 13st 4lb mark. I've been really good the last two weeks with no slips so I hope I can achieve around 1lb - 2lb a week.

Thanks for listening.

13st 4 1/4lb's. Exactly 2lb's lost in a week.

Really fancied a beer tonight, and tomorrow it will be hard to resist a two for Tuesday Dominos pizza.

I stay committed. I'm not sure how far I'll get, but I haven't seen the 12st display on the scales for a good 5 years or so. That's really driving me on at the moment.

I was going to say I've got a healthy tea tonight, breaded chicken wraps. May not be the healthiest choice but I've only got 1 wrap instead of 2 and mountains of lettuce with no chips or coleslaw.

Back