changing over to SW,

canaryellow

Hi everyone..

Back in April last yr, i started CD weighing in at 21st 9lb, after a good few months now come to a bit of a blip, and cant stomach the packs anymore :(
So have decided to use SW instead, my goal is 14stone, ish.. i currently weigh 15st7..
Would be greatful for any tips, hints and support that you have spare lol

thanks

Kels x

Hi Kels, well done on your fantastic los so far!!!!
I too am ex CD although I had to come off for medical reasons and ended up putting my weight back on!!!
I think you will be amazed at how well you do on SW.. And unlike CD it will be a way of life for you and your family that is sustainable....
Will you be going to class? I find that staying to class gives me a much needed boost each week. I am into week 8 now and have lost 17.5 lbs which is a good loss so far, and you will lose well too... maybe not the amounts you are used to, but a sustainable loss non the less.
Some girls find they have a slight increase in weight after moving from CD to SW, don't be disheartened though, your body will restock it's glycogen stores and as such you might retain a bit more water but you wll soon ajust...

Good luck on your new journey... just think at just 2lb a week you will be nearly 4 stone lighter by end of July!!

Let us know how you get on!

Anne x

Well done on your loss to date hon! That is fab. Think you will find quite a few former CD-ers here LOL

I used to use it as well, but missed food way too much. I have a final 2 stone to lose now, and am finding SW a breeze now that I have got my head around being able to eat! LOL

Good luck, everyone here is so helpful and genuinely nice so you will get loads of tips and advise as well.

x

Hi CY - Welcome! I've returned to SW today from CD too! Good luck - I look forward to seeing how we both get on. 4 stone by the end of July - that would be fab wouldn't it!? Vx

HEY WELL DONE TO YOU FOR LOSING THAT MUCH I BET YOU FEEL GREAT!
I DID CD FOR A BIT AND FOUND IT HARD HARD HARD, JEEZ U NEED A MEDAL FOR STICKING AT IT FOR SO LONG!
I HAVE ALWAYS SAID THAT CD IS GREAT IF YOU HAVE ALOT TO LOSE BUT I THINK YOU HAVE REACHED A STAGE WHERE YOU CAN START EATING AND STILL LOSE WEIGHT
VISIT THE SITE DAILY FOR TIPS, INFO AND SUPPORT
Ruthy xxx

hey canary, I'm on sw too now. First week weigh in tonight. fingers crossed!!

Hi all...

wow, thanks for your support and kind words,
I start on monday, will let you know the following week just how well, i got on..

thanks again

Kels x

hi

HI CY, you prob remember me from cd, unfortunately i put nearly all back on so good 4 u keeping it off, i have only been on this for 4 weeks and lost 10lb but at least you can lose whilst eating:):):) good luck hun x

sharon x

Hi Sharon..

Yeah i remember you, how you been?... fantastic losses well done,
Lets hope we can eat, lose and get to our goals this way,
the thought of another chicken and mush soup, or vanilla shake just makes me wanna hurl.. lol
My hubby has not gained a single pound since stopping in August, but i have a weakness for choc bics, well anything really.. lol
great to see ya, good luck and well done so far..

Kel x

thanks kel

thanks hun this is such a great diet, real food and you can actually eat out and live normal,,,, should not really slag off cd it was a quick fix for me but thats all it was i put almost all of it back on.

sharon x

Hi All

Well just back from my first session.. lol
bad news is i actually weigh more than i thought.. (boo-hoo)
But good news is that i should have that extra few pounds of this week..
this is a Q for everyone.. how much have you all lost week by week.. and is it stable?
i know when i was on CD, the losses were fab, but you could eat a scabby horse, and gone back for the sadle.. lol

thanks again..

Kel x

Hi CY
My weight losses have been good <I was also on CD but put all my weight back on> I am on medication that causes water retention but I am still losing very steadily.... I am an week 8 and My losses are: 6.5, 2.5, 2, maint*, 3.5, 1, 2*, 4, <the stars are my water retaining monthly times> Thus 21.5lb in 8 weeks... Am hoping for another 3 this week as I have upped my exercise.

Try not to use everyone else losses as a guage to measure your losses though as we are all different.

Anne x

Good luck with the plan....

Hi CY
My weight losses have been good <I was also on CD but put all my weight back on> I am on medication that causes water retention but I am still losing very steadily.... I am an week 8 and My losses are: 6.5, 2.5, 2, maint*, 3.5, 1, 2*, 4, <the stars are my water retaining monthly times> Thus 21.5lb in 8 weeks... Am hoping for another 3 this week as I have upped my exercise.

Try not to use everyone else losses as a guage to measure your losses though as we are all different.

Anne x

Good luck with the plan....

Hiya..

Wow very impressive losses, well done hun
yeah i know everyone lose differently, id like to lose about 2 1/2 stone,
and ideally by next week.. lol

no time limit for me, just as and when..

Kel x

Hi Kel, My stopping point in the past has always been impatience.... It never came off fast enough for me!

This time I decided I would aim at 2lb a week and relax if it it didn't happen.... over all I have lost more than the 2lb per week even with a maintain and a 1lb thrown in.... I always complete the graph on the slimming world site as I love to see the down ward trend.... whatever works I suppose!!! :0)

Anne x

Back