Changing taste buds

Kat1e

This is for life
Hello all. I haven't posted much recently but did want to share an experience today which i hope you might find useful. For those who dont know me, i found minimins & atkins jan11 and hit goal early 2012. Toned up and lost a bit more during 2012 and gave up tracking cals/carbs mid 2012 while living low carb long term.

Now - we still live low carb but i dont count anything and eat whenever hungry or fancy something. Hanging in a teensy bit above where id like to be but very happy:) I drink too much wine but try not to during week during term. I have a soft spot for sf chocs but generally few to no "frankenfoods" except mama lupes lo carb tortillas as my go to sandwich lunch soln. Dont bother with mims & we rarely bother to make substitutes of anything

Now to my point - my tastebuds have changed! Even when i taste hubbys desserts i think they are too sweet. Sweeteners are worse. Today i decided to have a 1 inch square of what i know are the best brownies in the world (have had previously)....not only was it not good enough, it was yuck. So sweet. In fact 15 mins later i was moaning to hubby and had to eat a little cheese to get the taste of sugar out of my mouth. I'm still a choccie addict - hubby made very dark high % choc cream truffles & i religiously have 1 a night:D It's the sugar that's yucky.

Sitting here after a large yummy bbq steak with brocolli & creamy parmesan cauli mash, lots of red wine & very full....
So the moral of the story is stick with avoiding the sugar and your taste buds DO change:)

Good luck all
Xxx

Last edited:
Back