Charleybarley's last attempt - 90lbs to lose

Sunday ☀️ 2nd July

Morning all! I hope you are having a lovely weekend. Today is glorious here in Essex. Yesterday was ok, but we spent most of it decorating the 3rd bedroom, or what will soon be called 'Micks Man Cave'! We woke up and have spent the morning tidying up the garden, we are complete novices but we aren't doing too bad a job. It's hard bloody work though we were both sweating like crazy. We had breakfast in the garden for the first time too, it was so nice I felt I we were on holiday!
We are popping out soon to Dunelm to get blinds and curtains for the man cave, then its farewell lovely garden and the rest of the afternoon is going to be decorating, although knowing us we will do some and then knock off early for the day!

Food was good yesterday, boy brilliant on Friday. But today I am planning to be a perfect WW-er!

Have a lovely peaceful Sunday all xxx

Monday 5 July - I can't believe its July already!!!!

I hope everyone is having a Happy Monday! I really struggled getting up this morning, I went to bed really early and slept really well, but it still didn't seem to be enough, so I snoozed on the train, which is most unlike me.
WE BOOKED OUR CRUISE!!! :wee: I am so excited and happy, we decided to push it forward to 12th January, as it was £600 cheaper to do that. So we have 192 days until our last day at work. It also gives me another 2 weeks in which to lose any Christmas gain - I really do want to lose some weight, I would like to say that this holiday will give me great incentive, but I have said that for every holiday I have ever been on, and I am afraid it doesn't. I usually go the other way. BUT this time, I really want to use it to help me lose. When we went on holiday in February I had to ask for a seatbelt extension for the first time ever. I was so upset, specifically because that was always my one fear, up until then I would fret and fret but it would always do up, I would get myself so worked up, but this time it wouldn't do up. I am not using an excuse but they were especially short belts and Mick struggled too, but he did his up. I was so upset and I cried for the first hour of the flight. I vowed not to put myself through that again.

I am going to try not to pressure myself too much and just take each day as it comes. I am hoping that I will be able to start exercising soon too, once my feet are better.

So food today:

B - Ham Thin - 3
L - Tuna Salad and 2x thins - 7
D - Half a chicken and salad - 12
S - Hmmmm, not sure.

I have 11 points to play with - not sure what I will be snacking on yet!

Have a good day everyone.

xxx

Woohoo fab news on the cruise! :)

And what a great incentive to help lose weight - I have to use extenders too and I hate the way they put a neon "Fat person" sign over my head! :(. Keep that in mind hun and I'm sure you'll do it xx

Why do they make the seatbelts so short? And the seats so small. I always try to book an aisle seat so one side of me isn't squashed.

Woohoo fab news on the cruise! :)

And what a great incentive to help lose weight - I have to use extenders too and I hate the way they put a neon "Fat person" sign over my head! :(. Keep that in mind hun and I'm sure you'll do it xx

I know right, these extenders are bright orange! And I asked really quietly for one, I almost mouthed it and the stewardess winked and went off to ask a second stewardess - I was hoping to keep it quiet because my sister and her partner were in the seats in front and I was mega embarrassed, and then the second stewardess walked over and said to the first very loudly "who was for the extender?" - i was mortified and I swore to myself and to Mick, never again. The thing is the extenders are so comfy and once i got over the pure fear of it all, I was fine and it gave me the green light not to worry about the flight home and eat loads! My brain works in a funny old way!

Why do they make the seatbelts so short? And the seats so small. I always try to book an aisle seat so one side of me isn't squashed.

I know! Its crazy, I don't usually have a problem, I am a short ass so I never have a problem, and also I dont have a particular large bottom but I do have a massive big belly and back. I am like a funnel shape, big old wide shoulders and I taper in at the bottom!

Wednesday 5th July

Hi all,

I hope you are all well and fit. I have had an ok couple of days food wise. I am hoping for a pound loss on Friday as I haven't been mega good. I did promise myself that I would start doing a few yoga / pilates sessions from you tube of a morning before work, but i haven't. My feet and legs have been terrible, I am seeing a physio tomorrow, a new one ... actually my old one who fixed me a couple of years ago. I tried a new person and he was useless and I think he was wasting my time and money. Anyway, that is tomorrow. We are lucky to get private health care with work so its a private physio. We only get 10 sessions a year though, so two of them were wasted with this idiot guy who spent more time talking than doing anything. I need to try the old Epsom salt thing, when I get paid I will raid H&B for magnesium and potassium too...is that right Tipps and Susie?

xx

Magnesium for any cramping\ muscle soreness, including the heart and it can help you sleep. I don't know about potassium. There are 2 types of magnesium, citrate and possibly oxide. One can cause diarrhoea and the other constipation.... So if you get a supplement with both in it they counteract the side effects of each other. It often comes with calcium too.

Great news on the private treatment, that should help.

Definitely try the Epsom salts thing - and magnesium - ditto to what Tipp said above. I just take magnesium oxide (Lindens on Am) - and yes it can have an 'effect' the next morning but I don't mind that :). I did spend loads on magnesium malate, which was supposed to not have that 'effect' - but it made my cramps worse - so avoid!

I also take potassium at night because i read somewhere that restless leg could be down to a lack of potassium.

Yikes! I don't need any more toilet dramas, I am a slave to my bowels as it is. I might just try the salt bathing first. My calf muscles are on fire today - it's too painful to stretch them out even.

Hi Charley

Tonic water is good for cramps (it's the quinine in it). plus with ice and a slice of lemon you can imagine there a shot of gin in there too

Monday 17th July

Hi all, I have not been around much. Lots going on, I am not doing so great on the food/weight front, 2lb away from my original weight :mad::mad:. I am a total yo-yo er.

Today I attempted a 5:2 day, around SW (yes I am back on SW as of today as well :rolleyes::rolleyes:). I like WW, but I do get into bad eating habits with WW, although I am within points, convenience food is not the healthiest, so back to SW I trot. I am not going to a group as I hate groups, I am just going it alone. There is so much SW support out there, so many bloggers and vloggers and also a great support system on here too.

So 5:2 - its actually do-able, and I could quite easily finish the day.....but I am not going to...why? Well i bought three M&S Balanced for You meals that are low cal and out of interest i worked out the syns and you can quite easily have them on SW. I can't be bothered to carry them home from work, I have a pair of shoes and a load of toiletries from Boots to carry - its that simple as to why I am not going to carry on with 5:2!!!

Plus Mick is cooking a chicken tonight and the smell would cripple me....

So I am still within syns without writing the day off.

Anyway, this is a very disjointed post, but I just popped by to say hi and to reconnect. I will have a diary snoop on the train home and I am going to be back on here everyday from now on!

xxx

I got a train in my country for the first time in about 20 years last week. Though I have travelled by train on holiday. How long is your commute.?

Good idea to go back to SW hun, you've done so well with it in the past. Those meals sound yummy - and check out Waitrose, they have a nice range of low cal meals too.

I always liked the SW meals from Iceland - especially the sweet potato curry one mmm :) - and the pea and mint soup was lush!

:bolt:Sneaks back in - was it really July since I last posted. Firstly, sorry all for deserting you. I guess I have had a looooong summer break. During that time, not much has changed really. I did start spending a lot of my time on You Tube, it is quite addictive, I kind of got into the "I want to be a vegan" stage, so watched a lot of those guys, I tried it, it wasn't really for me, however I really do think that the natural plant based diet is a very fruitful (pardon the pun) one. It is so good for you, and I will do days still where I will only eat plant based foods.

I returned to SW, but I am currently very half arsed about everything. My foot (for those who recall) is still bad, It turned out to be Baxter Neuropathy and Plantar Fasciitis (big words for what is basically a very hurty foot!) and had to have injections in the soles of both feet :doh: - it was as painful as it sounds, it worked on my left, but not my right. I just need to let it heal. I therefore decided to try yoga, as it was recommended to me. I did my first class (online) last night and I wasn't as bad as I thought I would be. It was specifically to stretch and strengthen feet - we will see. I have my last physio session tonight

So what have we been up to, well we went on our mini cruise which was fabulous and had a new kitchen put in, the conservatory is now finished too. We also hosted a load of BBQs, now that we have our garden, we have been making the most of it!

Reading back on my own diary I solemnly promised that I would lose weight for the cruise in January....and of course I haven't. I have merely teetered between 19.5 and 20.5 stone all summer - and I both hate myself and love eating all at the same time..... I am still petrified of needing a seat belt extension like my last flight, but if I do, I do. I am very worried about my swimming costumes fitting, not because i care about how I look in them physically, but because I am scared that my fat bits are going to spill out of the legs, if you know what i mean!...I have bought some sarongs that I plan on wearing, i considered buying swim dresses, but I felt I would look a bit daft in those.

I think I just need to realise that life would be easier if I lost some weight. I don't want to drop tons, just a few stone and I would be happy. I will never be slim and I am cool with that. I just need to be a heathier me.

And so it goes....

Tuesday 28th November

So foodwise today:

B - 2 Egg Omelette with ham and mushroom
L - Salmon Sushi from Itsu. Now, I tried looking this up but SW app is sh!t for eating out. I calculated it, but you can only put one item of free food so it was coming up quite high because of the rice and salmon. I took a view, the only thing that could possibly be synned is the teeny tiny chunks of avocado in the sushi, of which there were 6 pieces, I would give it 2 syns max
D - 2x chicken breasts (done breaded with my HEB) and Salad (4 for mayo and sauce (undecided on flavour sauce))

Syns so far: 6
Left: 9

So this evening I might do a nice milky hot chocolate with my HEA and Galaxy Frothy Top Chocolate (5.5). Or I might save my syns and have a cocoa, which will be .5 and delve into my "syn bin". I will see how i feel. To be honest I have been off plan and I could do with having a few low syn days.

Fridays are my WIs but I know its not going to be pretty. I may just start my "journey" (I hate that term, but I can't think of a better one) on Friday and see how I can do between now and 12th January.....totally ignoring the fact that Christmas is coming and this goose gets fat!!!

xxx

405A9379-D956-40FB-A2E9-AB219A9FF1CE.jpeg B1B2E2FC-3307-40FD-848F-68F46B5D199C.jpeg Oh my goodness- why did I ever stray from SW

Back