Charleybarley's last attempt - 90lbs to lose

Welcome back sweetie - great to hear your news! It's so easy to fall off the wagon, especially when you're exploring new eating plans - but SW sounds like it's going well.

That dinner looks scrumptious! I bet it tasted good too :).

Welcome back Charley I was wondering where you had gone...I thought cruising had permanently claimed you and you where now working on a ship. Sarongs are great, I use them all the time, and baggy beach coverups and just slip out of it poolside. Once I'm in the water I don't care as all you can see is everyone's head.

Welcome back sweetie - great to hear your news! It's so easy to fall off the wagon, especially when you're exploring new eating plans - but SW sounds like it's going well.

That dinner looks scrumptious! I bet it tasted good too :).

Thanks Susie, i know we both flirt with all different eating plans when things aren’t going well - just to stick to one thing and not cheat is literally ALL I need to do.

It was really nice, next time I will try it with chicken thighs though as I find breasts too dry unless they are cooked in a sauce. I said to my friend I might even try turkey mince and attempt a turkey drumstick SW styley! I don’t suppose you knew of Bernard Matthews growing up did you? I assumed it would be a UK thing! X

Welcome back Charley I was wondering where you had gone...I thought cruising had permanently claimed you and you where now working on a ship. Sarongs are great, I use them all the time, and baggy beach coverups and just slip out of it poolside. Once I'm in the water I don't care as all you can see is everyone's head.

Oh I wish Tipps! I would love to live on a cruise, not work on a cruise because they work them like dogs, but to permanently cruise.....I would be the size of a house after a year mind!

Yeah I think sarongs are the way to go. I tend to be quite sensitive at the tops of my thighs, I remember one year I creamed up in the room with my cosi one, let it soak in and put my top and shorts on for breakfast, then laid out in the sun and the tops of my legs were burnt to a crisp at the end of the day, now I don’t lay out in the sun much and I to swim a lot or stay in the shade, I also had one the once a day cream - I couldn’t figure out how it happened, until I got out of the shower as saw the red mark across my leg was the shape of where my belly sits on them when sitting up! The combination of my big belly and my shorts must’ve rubbed the cream off. I was so mortified that I couldn’t bring myself to tell Mick, and he kept saying, ‘I saw you cream everywhere, why are you so burnt in just one place?’ I was like ‘I dunno’. So now I lay a sarong or towel just over the tops of my thighs and nunny area when I lay flat. Ohhh, a little confession from me there! It feels good to release it! Anyone else got any embarrassing situations?
You’d think that and all the other things that get in the way when you are fat/obese/large whatever term you prefer, would make you do something about it.... I steer away from theatre shows because the seats are so small, i steer away from those white plastic garden chairs, just in case I break one, or like this Summer I was at a Summerfete thing in the beer tent and my family sat down on the chairs, I gently eased in it praying it wouldn’t collapse, it didn’t but when I got up, the f-ing chair came with me!!! That WAS embarrassing! Anyway I think I have ‘shared’ enough for one day!
Xx

Thursday 30th November
Ohhhh one more day and i can officially start singing Christmas songs around the office! Mick and I love love love Christmas, the build up to it - we have been watching at least one Christmas film a night for most of this month and if we don’t have weekend plans we watch then back to back! I know it may seem sad but we don’t care.

So yesterday’s food went pretty well.

B - black cherries and ff Greek yogurt
L - ham and cheese salad with rice (1) for rice and (2) for salad cream.
D - chicken donner and lamb shish kebab with salad I had (4) of light mayo. I can’t really say how many Syns to count for it, but I only had 7 and I never ate anything else. Although the also didn’t have myHEB because someone ate my Alpen Light bars!

Pic of my lunch, I was to hungry to take a pic of dinner.

4D51DD1E-A39A-459E-8F28-E9E94E8B8906.jpeg

Today’s eats are:

B: Omelette with ham and mush
L: chickpea dhal and rice (1)
D: Spag Bol - HEA of cheese and HEB for garlic bread (2) for butter.
S: something from my syn bin

Pics to follow - have a good day today everyone xxx

Attachments

• 1D8BAF91-0E55-46D8-8BFF-80C46382A8FE.jpeg
    1D8BAF91-0E55-46D8-8BFF-80C46382A8FE.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 7
I'm sorry to say some of those incidents made me laugh....again sorry. You do need to have a sense of humour whwn you are bigger. The most uncomfortable "fat" situation I've ever had is when I was in the back of the office and a client came in looking for me. She couldn't remember my name so asked for "the stout girl". The guy at the desk was Russian and didn't know what stout was, I could hear and ran out before she tried to explain.

I'm sorry to say some of those incidents made me laugh....again sorry. You do need to have a sense of humour whwn you are bigger. The most uncomfortable "fat" situation I've ever had is when I was in the back of the office and a client came in looking for me. She couldn't remember my name so asked for "the stout girl". The guy at the desk was Russian and didn't know what stout was, I could hear and ran out before she tried to explain.

Ah, don't be sorry Tipps - I can laugh about it now, but at the time its dreadful and the worse thing that can happen!

I totally get the white plastic chair thing. I have an absolute hatred of them, now just kinda curl up on the floor now rather than deal with them.

The worst fat related thing I had was braking a chair at school, in 6th form, literally the legs (skinny metal things) just crumpled. Winning. New chairs make me nervous!

Was it wrong of me to spend half my lunch hour today trying to justify buying a tub of salted caramel haagen daaz, figure out the syns of the whole thing, eat the whole thing and then lower my syns for the rest of the week?!

It can be done by the way!

LOL on the ice cream!

My awful moment was sitting on a fold out table at an election result, and the thing collapsed under me with a whopping great crunch noise just as they went to read out the ballot results! OMG...

LOL on the ice cream!

My awful moment was sitting on a fold out table at an election result, and the thing collapsed under me with a whopping great crunch noise just as they went to read out the ballot results! OMG...
Oh Susie, that sounds awful, did you end up on the floor too?

So today has gone beautifully with regard to food. I was given a teeny mince pie - literally a mouthful - worth 4 Syns!!!!! So I have saved it for after dinner

Here are my pics:

Omelette with ham and mushroom 0 Syns

230B85C9-CE1D-4645-994F-224E93DDD542.jpeg

Dinner - HEA + 0 Syns

CDABE976-0CD1-4FEC-A716-E64DE60B77A8.jpeg

Homemade Garlic bread (HEB +2 Syns of butter and a wee bit of cheese frpm HEA)
7B86ED49-284A-4937-9D01-D36F5A29B1F7.jpeg

Lunch - Chickpea Dhal and Rice - 1 syn

8BF30C3A-8797-4CB2-B415-366AA51ABA38.jpeg

For my treats this evening I have the over-synned mince pie (4) and some hot Ribena winter spice.

I have 7 Syns left but not sure whether I will use them all as dinner was a mountain - I enjoyed every mouthful...but to be honest I will probably use them because I am me!!

Friday 1 December ⛄⛄

Morning all! It’s officially CHRISTMAS! I can now sing Christmas songs around the office, they all love me, as you can imagine!

I have weighed in and I am exactly 280lbs on the dot, so 20 stone. I never thought i would ever see that number again. I was that weight and a bit more about 11-12 years ago, then I lost 6 stone through a stomach problem ....and slowly slowly gained it back.
-————
Right, I never want to see that number again. It’s a number that signifies a really low time in my life and it feels wrong being at this number. It’s weird because I was wearing much larger sized clothes and was not as fit as I am or anywhere near as healthy. How have I let us e this far????

So for the food intakes this week:

We are meeting up with Micks family for our annual Christmas get together, so that will be boozy and meaty! We are meeting one croydon at this Brazilian rodizio so it’s going to be meat meat meat. I will try and say no to the naughty chorizos and high fat meats, but to be honest I want to enjoy it all, let’s see how I feel on the day...but booze will be present, we are staying in a Travelodge up there.

So to counteract Saturday I am going to try and stick to 7 Syns today and for the rest of the week - which should give me around 60 Syns for my meaty mayhem meal and a sh!t ton of prosecco! And the 7 Syns shouldn’t be a problem as I haven’t got anything else on this week.

So for today:

Exercise: 30 mins of gentle Yoga
B: Fruit 2x Apples and 2x clems
L: Leftover bolognese with rice (1)
D: Prawn Pasta (HEB for Oil and HEA for cheese
S: I have an Advent Calendar- natch, and it has Lindt chocs in it, not sure of the Syns, but I have 6 to play with

Pics to follow - happy Friday everyone xx

Jealous of the advent calendar, usually get one through work but nothing has materialised this morning :( Will have to pop to the shops tonight to rectify this!

I'm also the Christmas fairy at work. Got all my tinsel out of the box but haven't put it up yet! It's just sat in a pile on the desk next to me....

Love Spag Bol... may have to revisit my meal plan.

Jealous of the advent calendar, usually get one through work but nothing has materialised this morning :( Will have to pop to the shops tonight to rectify this!

I'm also the Christmas fairy at work. Got all my tinsel out of the box but haven't put it up yet! It's just sat in a pile on the desk next to me....

Love Spag Bol... may have to revisit my meal plan.

We have had our calendars for weeks! Both of us are Christmas Loonies.... Go out and get one for you and your hubby....have you got your "Mr and Mrs 1st Christmas" bauble?!? We have two!

We have had our calendars for weeks! Both of us are Christmas Loonies.... Go out and get one for you and your hubby....have you got your "Mr and Mrs 1st Christmas" bauble?!? We have two!

Work gave out the calender's at 11... bad times. Everyone knows that you eat advent calendar chocolates at breakfast! Might still get myself one for home as the chocolate in the work ones are TINY like 9 cals worth. It's upsetting.

No, we don't have a Mr & Mrs bauble... although I've said we need to go buy some more this year anyway :D (tree is already up).

Work gave out the calender's at 11... bad times. Everyone knows that you eat advent calendar chocolates at breakfast! Might still get myself one for home as the chocolate in the work ones are TINY like 9 cals worth. It's upsetting.

No, we don't have a Mr & Mrs bauble... although I've said we need to go buy some more this year anyway :D (tree is already up).

9 cals is teeny - I dread to think what the Lindt one tonight will be..

Do you have a big shopping centre near you? We have an INTU close by and there is always a "barrow" that sells personalised baubles, two members of our family bought them, they are so cute - I will take a little pic of it if I think of it. x

Back