charm bracelets

yorkshirejo

think its a brill idea to treat yourself to charms everytime you reach a milestone anyone know what they call them bracelets where not exactly a charm but a little piece that slots into the bracelet so there is no dangling just blocks sorry if im not making myself clear lol

thanks the pandora ones are quite nice and also like the one cocktail princess as but with that one do you have to get the charms put on at jewellerys or can you do them yourself

I have a Pandora bracelet! Its my fave piece of jewellery!! Its so personal!

My fave charm is my baby's boottee which my OH got me for my first Christmas after having my little boy!

They aren't cheap are they?

No, they are not chep. I got mine when I lost 10% of my weight, it didn't have any charms, when I got to my goal weight, I bought my first charm. Then when I kept it off for a year, I bought another charm. I now have 3 charms on it for the 3 years that I have kept at goal. Each charm is personal to me. It doesn't work out that expensive if you only buy 1 charm a year, and as we didn't gain weight overnight, I am not in a hurry to fill it up, and each charm is a reminder of how hard I have worked to keep at goal

I have one like cocktail princesses, and I put the charms on myself. They come with a ring, and you have to just open it up, put it through a link and squeeze it closed again.
It is lovely to have a constant visual reminder with you all the time.

Pandora are lovely as are links both diff styles! x

hi emz where did you get your charms from

I've got both a Links of London one and a Truth charm bracelet too. I love both of them but the Truth charms seem more reasonably priced than the links ones and I seem to prefer that they are less dangly if that makes sense! I think they are a great idea for rewarding ourselves though :) xxx

I have just ordered my charm bracelet, I went for a Pandora one, couldnt make my mind up which one to have so have ordered a cheap one and will get a couple of charms and beads and see how I get on, didnt want to spend loads then find I never wear it.If I like it I will get the old man to buy me a 'real' one.
I think this is a fab idea cant wait for it to arrive.

I have a Links bracelet but it's only got one charm on it, i might get a couple of Pandora or Truth charms as they look really nice. The Links ones are also nice but a little bit pricey!

WOW eye6769! That's a VERY impressive weightloss! Well done!

Thanks Judimac, WI tomorrow hoping for a couple of pounds,and nearly at my 2 stone off mark. Its going slowly and I have had a couple of Holidays to Spain and Poland so am very pleased,We both have similar goals and starting weights but you were off for a while wasnt you? Nice to see you back.x

well i went a head and i have bought one off ebay the same as cocktail princess not too pricy and when i get to goal i have a gold charm bracelet that i have had for a while and when my hubby bought me it, it had one charm on which was a gorgous claw holding a blue aquamarine stone which was gorgous but unfortunatly lost the charm so promised myself another when at goal

I have just ordered my charm bracelet, I went for a Pandora one, couldnt make my mind up which one to have so have ordered a cheap one and will get a couple of charms and beads and see how I get on, didnt want to spend loads then find I never wear it.If I like it I will get the old man to buy me a 'real' one.
I think this is a fab idea cant wait for it to arrive.

Just wondering what you mean by a real one, a fully loaded Pandora can be worth thousands!

The one I have is called a 'sweetie' bracelet. I paid about £40 for the bracelet and 1st charm and I only pay on average of £5 per charm at various on-line sites. They are just like the 'links' charms but links ones cost about £40 per charm!!!!!

So glad loads of others have joined in- I have a picture of mine on my profile and am really proud of it.
xxx

I had a couple of friends who had 'links' bracelets and wanted one, but didn't want to pay the price! Just googled 'sweetie bracelet' and it went from there.
I still go in the 'links' shop in manchester to get ideas for my next charm, but then go home and look on-line and can always get a cheaper version.

The pandora bracelets are gorgeous, as are just the traditional chains. It is great that there are so many lovely options!
x

Back