'Chasing Butterflies' - Team 7

ONLY 3 Pounds! That's fantastic. And, you may show a bigger loss next week.

MM

Evening chickens well strugggggglinngg hahaha had my ss+ meal now just had a bowl of eggs.!

wanting to eat stuff now, im having a early nite again tonite dont trust myself really.!

Hope u are all doing better then me today? x

It's been okay today, thanks for asking. Early night sounds like a good idea. Pleasant dreams, Shanny.

MM

Only 3 lb Wadpol...that is a fantastic weight loss...well done..don't be disappointed. I am sorry to hear you are in so much pain...wishing you get better soon.

I am not hungry today and have only had 1 shake so far and only 2 litres of water so far....I just don't fancy anything...I might make myself a chocomint mousse in a minute and then go to bed for an early night...as I need to take my car in for a service tomorrow and it has to be there for 9.30am which for a night owl like me is the crack of dawn.
MM you are so organised getting the ole' xmas tree up ..I am not a great christmassy person and am not bothering with my tree or decks this year....I am working throughout christmas and the new year this year and so it won't be very festive this year at home...especially as I plan to stay on CD until goal....I might have my christmas at Easter instead. My son and hubby not bothered about christmas so sod it!
Speak to you all later...and remember stay good.

I had a cheese sarnie today - there, I said it! Been feeling grotsville all day - pain makes me feel really sick and so hadn't managed food. Mate thought they were doing me a fave, and to be honest it did the trick. Oh well, tomorrow's a new day and back on the wagon..... shame after being so good for 2 weeks.

Hope you've all had a good day.

Sympathies Pol, must be terrible to be in as much pain as you are. Can understand why its so hard for you. Heck, its one cheese sarnie, hope you enjoyed it, but its not the end of the world. Just start agin, and don't give up trying. You really are doing so well, so don't be so hard on yourself- 3lb is a great loss, virtually a quarter of a stone!! And like you say, the loss is more than just lbs, the inches are going too which is more important!
Good night Shanny, you are so good, staying away from temptation! At least you will be well rested at the end of CD! :D
Nicki, you sound like me, most xmas's... have never been too bothered, but always have a last minute rally of excitement. This year i am like a big kid, i think its 'cos DD's 3, i'm getting all her share of excitement.....in fact, i think i am worse...:rolleyes:! Have put together one tree in day lounge, but yet to decorate as needed new lights, put up a pink one in conservatory/play room, and one inDD's bedroom. So got to finish one, and then another whole one to do in the 'adult' lounge. Going to be very busy tomorrow!

Had 1st 1000plan WI and after a virtually 100% week, except 6 chocs and excess chicken i have lost 5lb!!:talk017: I am so thrilled. It has put me under my origianl goal of 10stone, as i now weigh 9st 12lb! Now undecided as to a new 'goal', will be happy if i lose another half stone, but not too bothered. Need to focus on moving up the plans now, and learning to eat again. Don't want to just 'stop' suddenly and want to move up properly, so to better prepare myself for maintenance. But do need to slow down any losses, 5lb is probably a bit too much. (i do think some of it may have been my previous weeks glycogen gain disappearing) Have bought more sz 10 trousers today. Somebody pinch me..... Sometimes it makes me so happy, then at others i feel like something has taken over my body and one of these days i'll wake up with my old one back. CD has just transformed my life beyond all recognition. Even i cannot believe it... people close to me are amazed too. Keep thinking it cannot last, then i realise that i have the control to make sure it does! Oh happy days xx ( oh, i had my usual post WI binge..... 3 choc biccys and a chicken kebab+salad from chippy- didn't eat bread, or finish it....walked away satisfied and happy with my planned naughty) Going to try some 1200 plan this week. Take care all xx

Butterfly well done hunny 5 lbs is fantasticccc!! wow and now taking u to 9.12. Im happy for you hun just remember this is the new you now forever.

Im going to be 100% today even if it kills me lol lol. Nearly the weekend again gonna start hoilday shopping sunday.

Right must dash for work, HAPPY CDING everyone.xxx

Hi Ladies,

Sorry you're unwell Pol -- a little food will not kill you. You just go on from this point... it might take you a little longer, but since we all plan to stay at goal once we're there, c'est la vie.

Good Plan Shanny -- but I must say all these early nights for a college girl is a little surprising. I'll bet you're actually doing well in your classes. LOL

Butterfly, I have the cutest picture of my DD when she was three and we gave her a doll house for Chirstmas. I'll see if I can change my Avatar to it.

Hi Nicki-M,

I can relate to your "Bah Humbug" feelings, only too well. If I was here with just my son and hubby, I suspect I would not have done anything until I felt I HAD to do it. However, my DD is epitome of the Christmas Spirit. I suspect that she thinks if the tree isn't up, then her brother can't come home for Christmas. She is not counting down to Christmas, but her brother coming home on the 22nd.

As for my drama, today was a really, really bad day at work (which is becoming a rather all too frequent occurance), then I rushed to the post office on base and neither of the dresses I need to for tomorrow night are here, I got my swine flu shot in one arm and regular flu shot in the other and both are very sore -- and, of course, it rained and was cold today. But, all that this means to me is that -- tomorrow will almost certainly be a better day! :)

So, I think I will go and pour myself a cup of chocolate flavoured decaf coffee that DH has made for me. I am enjoying the smell of the coffee right now, and listening to him help our DD with her maths homework. It's all good.

MM

Last edited:
Evening Ladies!

Much, much better day today after 2 hellish days, so things are looking up. Thank you for all of your support.

Mel - sounds like you've had a rubbish day! As you say, things can only get better tomorrow. Are you doing something exciting tomorrow that requires a frock?

Butterfly - sounds like it's all going very well for you! Well done! Let's hope that we'll all be saying similar things soon...!

Nicki - Couldn't agree with you more about Christmas. I don't have any decorations in my house, apart from cards and usually have a small uncut tree outside my door. Since I spend Christmas Eve-Boxing Day in my Mum's kitchen, I don't see the point! Thankfully I've never been one for Christmas food either - don't like fruit cake, mince pies, christmas pud or brandy butter and am not actually the biggest fan of turkey! Think we may have a nice rib of beef or some venison this year - yum!

Shanny - did you manage a 100% day?

Time to crawl into my bed now - feeling very worn out today. Thank god it's nearly the w/e again!

Hi Polly, et al --

Tomorrow night is my OH's company Christmas party. I need a something dressy casual. I ordered a green satiny dress and a red chiffon one. Neither has arrived! So, if they aren't here tomorrow when I check the mail -- I'm off to buy something locally.
I'm sure I'll have the opportunity to wear the others at some point -- New Years? Our anniversary? Valentines' Day? Grocery shopping? Gardening? LOL

MM

Hi all,
Well done on the 100% day Shanny, its the easiest way to do it- one day at a time. Like you say, this is only for now.... get this done and we have the rest of our lives to enjoy the results. (ok, with a fair old bit of tweaking to our previous eating habits in my case!)
Mel, hoping tomorrow is a better day for you. Nightmare about the parcels not coming, fingers crossed you get them in time... I hate last minute 'special occasion' shopping. Glad you're doing better Pol. Good idea to listen to your body and hit the sack. I'm terrible for feeling tired, yet still staying up for hours later, then feeling even worse the next day!
Had good day, finished xmas shopping. Just the hampers to finish now and the decorations. Food wise been good and i am doing 1200 today, really enjoyed the chicken and tomato recipe out of the yellow book, and even OH enjoyed it. He has given himself over to me for a week, and i'm doing his diet planning, mostly 1200 but he is using boots replacement shakes too, which are almost the same as CD but a bit higher in cals. He wants to lose weight but cannot do it himself, and as i'm all focused now, thought i could try to kick start him. He must really want to- cos he would not agree to anything like this normally, so i've got to be focused to help him too...!
At work over night. Speak soon xx

Good morning it's Friday so happy this morning. well yesterday was mad a dinner lady can round offering xmas cake she had baked i walked out of the staffroom mighty quick. lol felt great not having anything. Then later on in the day she finds me in class "oh shan u didnt get any of me lovely cake did u" great so had to have a slice lol lol so gave in to christmas cake. :(

part from that really was good had loads of water afterwards toilet visit last nite was 4 times!!!!!!! hahaha
well wi in the morning hoping for 5 lbs off atleast.

well done pol keep it up hun.
Right must dash and have my terta now. catch you this evening i hope. xxx

Hi All,

It's Friday (I'm off from work) and the sun is out. it's a better day already! :) I am sorry the Christmas cake hounded you -- but I know how it is when you do not want to hurt someone's feelings.

I have not had the best week diet-wise and hoping to show a slight loss, at the very least a "no gain" -- I hate to hurt the team. But I will make a concerted effort next week with the exercise, water and CD.
I hope everyone has a FAB FRIDAY!!!

MM

Hi Butterfly,

I changed my signature to show my daughter with her third Christmas Doll House. It is a three storey tall Barbie house. However, the Bratz evicted the Barbies a couple of years ago -- but she is 10 and still plays with it (7 years of use)! She is now much taller than the house (which is about 4 feet tall). She originally stood on a little chair to use the top level.

MM

Last edited:
Hi all fellow butterfly chasers,
As I am working away next week until Friday...I had to go back to my CDC today and get some more packs to get me through the week....I wasn't going to get weighed as I was weighed on Monday....but you know me and curiousity so decided I would just see (as my scales were showing a loss) and I have lost a whopping 5 & 1/2 lb :talk017:that is a grand total of 15 & 3/4 lb since I was weighed before I was ill in November. This of course means I am now officially in the 15 stone bracket and have lost 7 stone and 1 lb in total in just 25 weeks..woo...hooo!!! I am ecstatic!
Now Butterfly......can I include this extra WI with my 10 & 1/4 lb from earlier this week for our figures or not? This would boost our totals wouldn't it? Seeing as I wasn't included last week due to the lack of WI...it only seems fair to me...but then I am biased of course, or should I add it to my next WI which won't be til' Friday of next week...What do you think? Sorry just so excited...somebody please bloody pinch me!

I am going to read all the posts now and try and calm down...be back soon,

Back again, Shanny try and resist temptation...it is hard I know and Christmas cake...my favourite I love it....I have baked 8 of the darn things this year and it was my biggest test.
Wadpol, glad to hear you are feeling a bit better...hope you enjoyed the cheese sarnie..you naughty girl!
I am not that bhaahh humbug...I do usually enjoy the festivities ie; drinking...eating etc, but as I am so focussed to get to goal I just can't afford any slip ups and as I am working Christmas eve, Christmas night and Boxing day night I just can't see the point....If I had littlies...I would make the effort as always have when my son was small...but just haven't got the time or the energy to do it this year as I don't think Christmas will feel like Christmas if I am working and not going to enjoy the festivities that usually come along with the season. No one will go without and I have still bought all the nice things like sweets, choccies, nuts cakes crisps etc and will still do the family a nice Christmas dinner, but I just won't be here to enjoy it properly...I will make the effort at Easter..hopefully will be at goal by then! And Christmas 2010 will be a Christmas of all Christmases...believe me..will make sure I make up for it then!
Butterfly...How many Christmas Trees???? You have made me feel really guilty now...I struggle with one tree making a mess..bloody pine needles everywhere!! You must be really excited with your daughter being a lovely age to really understand Christmas...has she been to see Santa Claus yet? Have you helped her write her letter to him yet....that's what I used to do when my son was small and I always made sure I wrote a letter back from Santa too...he would get really excited about receiving a letter from Santa.
MM have your dresses turned up yet? How frustrating. I hate ordering clothes on line for that reason. By the way still waiting to hear your Christmas tree story....sounds interesting!! I love the Christmas tree by the way and the Dolls house looks fabulous..if your daughter still plays with it..it was a very good buy and must have paid for itself more that 7 times over. I would have loved to have a girl to get to play with all those girlie toys...all I got to enjoy was Thomas the Tank engine and Scalextric which my husband was more interested in than my son.
Anyway I am off for some Chicken & mushroom soup and then going to pack for my week away at work...lots of thermal underwear and lots of fleeces etc.
Don't forget to stay good....no nibbling....and no other naughtiness (only food related naughtiness, feel free to be naughty in other areas of your personal life).
Speak soon,

Hi all,
Nicki, i see no reason why you cannot count the two, they were both in the same week and it'll put you in track for your normal weekly WI's then. Don't calm down... you deserve to be jumping for joy.. i'll join you....:bliss:
I never liked Xmas so much when i used to work it all the time- its just didn't invoke the same spirit at all. Took her to see Santa - distinctly un impressed, as was i - put off by his really broad midlands accent! Going to do the letters this weekend, and finish the trees, which may sound good but all 4 are artificial- so cannot face all the needles again, last years was horrendous. Hope work goes ok, i'm loving thermals. Although i have to say, the extreme coldness has dissipated at last, so must be out of ketosis. YAY for feeling human again!
Shanny, its so hard to resist, but its only one slice.... If its any consolation, i nibbled all the time and still got there in the end.
Good luck for WI's Shanny and Mel. Don't worry Mel, although its great to get the losses, but we are all in this together, no matter how we 'do', the fact that we are all trying and don't give up is good enough.
Still having good week on 1200, been 100% since my post WI blip. No scales movement yet, which i s'pose is normal. Its just wierd to get head round to the fact that losing is no longer my priority, can't stop the scale hopping and feel a little disappointment when they don't go down.
Starting to get numbers together-
*butterfly* ........................5/143 = 3.50%
Nicki-M .................15.75/234.75 = 6.71%
MinnieMel ........................?/149.6 = ?

Shanny.............................................? = ?
Wadpol.................................3/176 = 1.70%
Team results...................23.75/553.75 = 4.29%

Last edited:
Had to buy a dress

Hi Ladies,

The dresses were a no show (and one of them was a Calvin Klein :sigh:). I am off on Fridays so I went shopping. :sigh: (Don't like to shop at this time of year.) I had a very hard time finding anything appropriate.

Last year there were dressy dresses everywhere, and this year all there was were spangle tops and sequined trousers (not appropriate for the wife of one of the bosses -- it was my husband's company do). So, lack of choice made it not very much fun, but the fact that I was trying on dresses a size or even 2 larger than last year at this time (due to my extra 18 pounds since then).:cry: That was no fun, too.

However, I found a green dress on sale (and I had to take it in!) plus a nice covering wrap. :) I wore my shoes from last year and it all worked out okay.

I did eat my dinner (salmon) and have some white wine, but I tried to make good food choices and dranks tons of water. I danced for hours -- and so I think I may have worked the dinner off. :innocent0001:
I'll weigh in a bit to report in to Butterfly.

I'll post the tree story later -- as you have an older son Nicki-M you'll be able to relate to it.

MM

Christmas Tree Story

Hi All,

Here is the story behind the white tree with all the pink, purple and pale blue decorations... plus the string of lights that are little fairies. (BTW We call this tree "The Barbie Tree".)

We had always used an artificial green tree since we lived in Europe (starting with 1994). When we moved back to the UK from Germany in 2003, we gave the green fake tree away... it was getting a bit tatty. The first year we were in the UK I bought a real tree. The kids loved it.

The next year I took the kids with me to pick out another real tree. My son, who had turned 12 and become a real pain in the *ss, was horrible. He kept complaining about me dragging him along to look, he got lippy and finally said, "Get whatever you want, I don't give a sh*t." We immediately left the tree place without a tree, and I took him home and sent him to his room to wait for his father to get home from work. His little sister who was only 5 was very upset we didn't get a tree.

When my husband came home from work and I told him about the boy's tree shopping attitude he said, "If the boy doesn't give a sh*t, then go out a get whatever kind of tree and all new decorations to make the perfect tree for 5 year old girl. I don't care what you spend -- make her happy." So, we did and had loads of fun picking out the most lacy, frilly, girly things. And, we giggled the whole time we were decorating it.

When my son got up in the morning, came downstairs and saw the tree that his sister had pick out everything for... well, you can imagine the look on his face. Priceless!

When his friends came over he tried to keep them from seeing it -- most of them thought it was awesome. He couldn't even look at it that first year... I think it reminded him of what a jerk he'd been.

But, now it is kind of a tradition. A couple of years ago Julianne asked for a real tree, so we got one and put it up with our traditional decorations. Bryce (who was 16 at the time) was so upset that the Barbie tree wasn't up. LOL

A few weeks ago, he called from the States and asked Julianne to put the "Barbie tree" up for him to see when he comes home from college. I think that is why she was so insistent that we get the tree up "for her brother", asap.

I have to say that I liked the way my husband decided to handle the situation: If he doesn't care, then I'll see to it that he does!

A Heartwarming Christmas Tale -

MM

Hi All,

Here is the story behind the white tree with all the pink, purple and pale blue decorations... plus the string of lights that are little fairies. (BTW We call this tree "The Barbie Tree".)

We had always used an artificial green tree since we lived in Europe (starting with 1994). When we moved back to the UK from Germany in 2003, we gave the green fake tree away... it was getting a bit tatty. The first year we were in the UK I bought a real tree. The kids loved it.

The next year I took the kids with me to pick out another real tree. My son, who had turned 12 and become a real pain in the *ss, was horrible. He kept complaining about me dragging him along to look, he got lippy and finally said, "Get whatever you want, I don't give a sh*t." We immediately left the tree place without a tree, and I took him home and sent him to his room to wait for his father to get home from work. His little sister who was only 5 was very upset we didn't get a tree.

When my husband came home from work and I told him about the boy's tree shopping attitude he said, "If the boy doesn't give a sh*t, then go out a get whatever kind of tree and all new decorations to make the perfect tree for 5 year old girl. I don't care what you spend -- make her happy." So, we did and had loads of fun picking out the most lacy, frilly, girly things. And, we giggled the whole time we were decorating it.

When my son got up in the morning, came downstairs and saw the tree that his sister had pick out everything for... well, you can imagine the look on his face. Priceless!

When his friends came over he tried to keep them from seeing it -- most of them thought it was awesome. He couldn't even look at it that first year... I think it reminded him of what a jerk he'd been.

But, now it is kind of a tradition. A couple of years ago Julianne asked for a real tree, so we got one and put it up with our traditional decorations. Bryce (who was 16 at the time) was so upset that the Barbie tree wasn't up. LOL

A few weeks ago, he called from the States and asked Julianne to put the "Barbie tree" up for him to see when he comes home from college. I think that is why she was so insistent that we get the tree up "for her brother", asap.

I have to say that I liked the way my husband decided to handle the situation: If he doesn't care, then I'll see to it that he does!

A Heartwarming Christmas Tale -

MM

Your story is so magical - I couldn't stop smiling while reading it. Thank you for sharing it with us xxxxxx

Back