Extra Easy Cheap shopping!

Miss_c88

Hi all!

I'm struggling a bit with food shopping, I feel all I ever buy is chicken, mince, fruit and veg!

What are your favourite things to pick up in the supermarket out the freezers that make "quick dinners"?

I'm struggling to find recipes that I really like, so any help with websites etc for some inspiration would be greatly appreciated!

Also, since rejoining slimming world I'm finding it incredibly hard to have good losses with EE. My losses were much greater on Red and Green days before, has anyone else had this?

TIA!

X

That's the opposite to me really cause I tried it a few years ago and never got on with red and green days. On this extra easy I am finding it much easier and the weight is coming off nicely.

Can't really help much on the shopping cause I think my last shop was mince, chicken, veg fruit - oh and yoghurt!

Hopefully someone who has been around a little longer can help you out there.

I have seen recipes for the smash pizza I wanna give a whirl and I have made a load of the soups which are great for work.

Welcome to SW & this forum!
I find that you can make your SW meals from scratch quite easy! (for food ideas follow the link below) enjoy......
Pete

I don't eat meat, so eat lots of quorn and veg based meals, I think this makes a difference budget wise as when I've bought meat for others I'm always shocked at the price.

Last night for instance we has quorn meatballs with veg/tomato sauce etc and green beans ( OH had rice), this would have cost approx £3-£4 did 3 portions, so £1 a go.

Quorn meatballs £1.50
Tin smartprice tomatoes 20p or so
1 Romano pepper 45p
Garlic, herbs, chilli, tomato purée etc all store cupboard staples
Green beans 79p
Onion 10p
Low fat cheese sprinkled on top 75p??

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thank you all this is I have weigh in no 4 and I feel a bit stuck in a rut food wise. I'm determined to master EE as everyone at my group is having great weight losses. I thought for the first few weeks my losses would have been high ( my starting weight was 20 st 2) but the first week I lost 3 and put on half a pound the second week. The third I lost 2.5 so a total of 5 in 3 weeks which is still in the right direction but I just expected to hve lost more at the start?

A total rethink on the menu is needed I think, thank you for the link for the recipes!

X

If EE doesn't suit you, don't do it. It's not compulsory. Do red or green instead, especially as you know that they worked for you in the past. It doesn't matter what other people do.

Any what about steak anything from expensive fillet( yum but a treat) to cheap cuts that needs longer to cook but still yummy! And cheaper than extra lean mince although a shopping must have like chicken other meats lean cuts are also fine I love duck skin removed otherwise pork and lamb although great I have to be in the mood!!
Chicken can be made in so many different ways plus turkey thigh diced make a nicer curry (cheap tastier but takes longer to cook again)
Look at recipes 1000's on here and then get shopping needed

I can't really help with EE as I only do green. Like someone else has said if you do better on red and/or green days why not go back to doing them?

I probably spend roughly £20/week on green. That's tons of fruit and veg, but I'm about to start venturing out into more different recipe ideas once I get the freezer emptied of everything that is in there. I have found two lovely sites, one indian so tons of recipes that can be easily converted to SW ways and the other is lovely recipes that are full of fresh foods and again can be easily adapted.

I also love smash pizza so if you haven't tried that I say give it a go.

Im on ee i buy loads of fruit frozen veg as its super cheap bacon chicken pork beef gammon pasta ham venison (when im feeling flush ) ww sausages 1/2 a syn each i bulk buy eggs and potatoes and onions to save money as they are staple foods in my house

I used to do green, so much cheaper, but since moving on to extra easy my losses are better so worth the extra expense. I get paid monthly and have a budget for food, this month I did something a little different and I went shopping and cooked an entires months dinners and froze them into portions and now I have a little money each week to buy fresh fruit and bread & milk etc so I cooked:
Chicken chasseur (last months mag) (5portions)
West African chicken curry (4 portions)
Chilli (5 portions)
Homemade burgers (4 portions)
Arriabiata pasta sauce (5 portions)
Carrot, swede & pot soup for lunches (8 portions)
Beef in red wine sauce (last months mag) (4 portions)
And that's it... I'm so on track it's unreal, don't really have to think about food & all I have to worry about is what to have in my sandwhich each day lol bulk cooking is the way forward for me!!!

I save money by buying fruit and veg from the market instead of tesco.
And bulk making meals and freezing portions

Hi all!

I'm struggling a bit with food shopping, I feel all I ever buy is chicken, mince, fruit and veg!

What are your favourite things to pick up in the supermarket out the freezers that make "quick dinners"?

I'm struggling to find recipes that I really like, so any help with websites etc for some inspiration would be greatly appreciated!

Also, since rejoining slimming world I'm finding it incredibly hard to have good losses with EE. My losses were much greater on Red and Green days before, has anyone else had this?

TIA!

X

Stewing steak is fab for weekend when you have a bit more cooking time. The lean stuff from asda. Look up the beef stew recipe on the sw website. Lovely meal. Also maybe some nice pork steaks? Diced turkey for a change from chicken in a stir fry etc...the nicest thing I've tried lately was the sea bream from m and s they often have a 3 for £10 on the meat and fish. Saves you getting stuck In the mince and chicken rut! Loads of option xx

I should have prob mentioned I don't eat red meat! But thank you for ur offers!

Quick question, turkey mince is free as long as its extra lean? According to the sw site the one I buy from Asda has syns!

My problem is my freezer, it's not rather big, so my frozen veg takes up most if it and I hae one little drawer for meals :-(

I did pick up a great wee help from someone on a Facebook page - buyin bags of superfree veg ( bags of carrots, cauliflower etc) and making ur own "mixed veg" bag, that way you know the veg in it is all superfree!

Frozen steam veg ( 3 min in micro) Aldi own make 79p vs BEye £1.40

Hi - Just joined and shopping was a challenge but think I am there. I too like to watch the cost of shopping and tend to do non red meat dishes so bought

- Savoury rice and frozen veg for lunches - Find the veg really bulks out the rice, gets in the super free too and is cheap with sliced peppers, veg, carrots or peas
- Made cowboy pie receipt with quorn mince - cheap and tasty
- For veg I bought cabbage, leeks and potatoes which makes a tasty mash and some carrots
- 2 tins plans Beans + tin baked beans to make chilli ( any plain beans on offer kidney, butter etc) with tinned toms, herbs, garlic - Great with rice or baked pots for dinner
- Linda mCcartney rosemary sausages - not cheap but great when on offer - use them for breakfasts with eggs or dinners with mash or cooked in some tomatos, garic n herbs in the oven

Have a great week

Back