cheating in week 16

BettyBoop

Hi

I have been reading this forum for months now, long before I started LL, it is a really good support network. I have just finished foundation (and have lost 44 pound - not cheated once) and am in development. However I have had a really bad week, for the first time I have "cheated" for the past 4 nights I have been eating bits here and there, I have been taking pills for hayfever so do not know if this will have an effect? I have also not had a meeting for the past 3 weeks (1 I was away for and the other two were just drop ins to collect packs as we could not have the meetings - long story about where we live, bike races on the public roads....) I just would like to know if other people have managed to go back to SS after a "blip" I still have 4 weeks of development to go. I do not want to mess this up as I have been so dedicated and I feel so good, but the fridge just keeps calling me. I am so disappointed in myself for being weak. Any advice??

p.s. sorry Betty Boo I had chosen my name "betty boop" and not seen your name on here when I did (long time ago, but have never posted before), if you can let me know how I will change mine !

Hiya BB

Ok firstly people do fall off of the SS wagon and get back on so don't worry about it. My advice is to speak to your counsellor urgently as now is when he/she needs to earn there money and help you out. I am guessing the reason is the fact you haven't had meetings and somehow that has allowed you to take your eye off of the ball but that is something that you need to explore.

In terms of getting back on the diet I would strongly recommend that for the next few days you get very very busy, drink loads of water, get early nights etc etc etc but whatever you do DON'T nibble otherwise the protection of ketosis will never kick in.

If you can be nibble free then by Thursday you should be cooking fat properly again and you will be set.

You have done far too well to fail now so time to focus on the finish line and don't let yourself stop yourself from getting there.

Go for it

Mike

Hi,

I am on Cambridge but it is almost identical to LL.

Well done for doing so long on abstinance, the most I have managed is 10 days and I tell you now, without wanting to put the fear of god in to you, it is sooo damn hard re-starting once you have fallen off the wagon. It takes more determination than the first time. I have started and re-started many times and always fail after about 6 or 7 days.

Saying that, you have done it for far longer than me so you may find it easier to get back on it.

Good luck for when you do re-start, and well done on your loss so far.

Neco

God Mike, I wish you were my councellor. I might have to move house just so I can see you once a week for support and advice!!!

Just wanted to say too you have done far too well to ruin all your hard work.

I have just been posting about this on another thread, as I too (on week 14) have fell of the wagon which was going so well by sneaking a bit of something!!!!! Like you am dissapointed with myself, but we have done abstinence as we should for 100 days. Be Proud :party0019:

How much more have you got to go or are you going to start management after your period of development has ended?

I think the groups are key as I missed my first class saturday, and am not doing it again for any reason.

Take Care

Sam xx

i remember seeing ur welcome thread cos i thought to myself...better not get the bettys mixed up lol.

glad to see u have been doing well :D congrats on ur loss so far. i reckon u shouldnt be too hard on urself. u need to get back on track but its not like u have been REALLY bad. its good that u r nipping it in the bud quickly.

i would right a list of all the reasons u wanted to do this in the first place and give urself a goal treat. whther it be a beauty treatment or new clothes at every half stone or whatever. fond something u want and work towards it.

u can also join us on the "fallen angels" thread as we r all struggling and striving at the mo. pop in and see what u think.

xxxx

HI Mike

Not sure if I am doing this reply right, but thanks for the support and good advice, Nico is right you would make a great counsellor, I just need to find my focused head and talk to my counsellor tomorrow, hopefully I have not put on weight as have not been weighed for 2 weeks!

Many thanks
Lisa

Hi Neco

Thanks for your response, I think it will be hard to get back on track, that has been my biggest fear, falling off the wagon and hoping I do not give up, but my will is still strong (my hunger pangs were just stronger for a while!!)

Thanks
Lisa

Hi Sam

Thanks for your response, everyone is so nice on this forum, I have been following it for a while now. I wanted to lose 5 and half stone initially but afer 3 stone I have realised that I only want to lose another 1 stone until maintenance, It is quite important to me to keep my curves as I have always been curvy, and I quite like my bottom and boobs just as they are, so I do not want to go much further. I realise I may still lose in management but think it will even out, hopefully !

Thanks
Lisa

Hi Karen

Think I am doing these replies all wrong, still getting the hang of it but thanks for your response to my fiasco! I will go back to my foundation book and read my promise to myself.

Thanks
Lisa

Hi Mike

Me again, sorry you must think I am really thick, as I have just noticed you ARE a

Hi Mike

I will try again, I really am not thick, it is late.............. as I was saying I have just noticed you ARE in

Mike

Ignore me I am tired, you are a counsellor, i have just noticed now, that is all i am trying to say (amongst lots of finger trouble on the keyboard). I am going to bed now.

Lisa

I really think you can't underestimate the 100 day milestone and what it does psychologically. I've had all of my wobbles post Foundation and have managed to grip on for dear life to abstinence, but, I know that I'm settling down again. I've got another 7 weeks in development (minimum - maybe up to 11) and it was a very tricky readjustment phase. I wish my LLC had spent some time on this as it really is a big transition when you've still got a long stretch of developers to go.
It is however a good time to re-evaluate the goals and re-crunch the numbers. That has helped me a lot :D

betty boop you can do it & get back on track. Just put the past behind you, refocus and get back on that ole horse! The first week or so will be tough but grit your teeth and go for it! You've done SO well and need to focus on getting through each day and you'll be at goal before you know it! I start development next week (a week before the 100 days up as I started a week late) & its very unsettling....feels like a milestone but I worry about being tempted by feeling "close" to being able to eat again...scary stuff!

I really think you can't underestimate the 100 day milestone and what it does psychologically. I've had all of my wobbles post Foundation and have managed to grip on for dear life to abstinence, but, I know that I'm settling down again. I've got another 7 weeks in development (minimum - maybe up to 11) and it was a very tricky readjustment phase. I wish my LLC had spent some time on this as it really is a big transition when you've still got a long stretch of developers to go.
It is however a good time to re-evaluate the goals and re-crunch the numbers. That has helped me a lot :D

You are so right. I have fought like he*l since beginning Development. Its like I had the first 100 days as a goal, then one that was up my chatterbox said "its ok, you did it, fill your boots!". Its soooo incredibly tough & I am not sure that LL do quite enough to address this fragile state of mind. I know that many developers dont have long to stay on the programme, but there are others like me, who really are in this for the long haul. MY week 16 (last week) was a real killer, and even this week I am fighting every step of the way, sometimes winning (yesterday) sometimes losing oh so badly (day before!). I have even succumbed to the old binge/vomit thing I thought I had long seen the back of, something of which I am most def not proud.

Also I think all strokes around now set the chatterbox off, particularly the "You cant seriously want to lose much more can you??" (or MY GOD!! Just how fat WERE you??)

Lets keep posting on Minis, as that seems to be legal, carb free and totally helpful!!

Thanks all for the lovely support, I feel much better and had lost 4 pound (over 2 weeks) which considering my bad week I was happy with. Had first development meeting and it was good so came away feeling more determined. Hopefully I will keep looking at the bigger.

So thank you once again, it is good to know my feelings are quite "normal"

Back