Cheating on LT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Time to draw a line under it all now me's thinks. I'm lucky to have found this forum as its been great to run along next to my rather difficult weight loss plan. Just to know you people are here to give a bit of moral support and advice is second to non. You cant buy this kind of support and I for one dont want it to go away!

We need all of you on this forum through the thick and the thin.

xx

All I can about this thread is that Scazman was not meaning to offend anyone, If anything I found his post to be encouraging people to stick at LT 100% to get the ultimate benefits that LT can offer, But all I can say is move on and carry on with you're Lipotrim journey the best way you can, But also remember that sometimes people will give you advice even if you agree with it or not...If you choose to not take what Scaz has said on board then just forget it and carry on..Agree to disagree that's all I can say! Good luck peeps! :)

Wow, this is one heck of a thread!

It all seems to have got a little over-heated and I understand that some people's feelings have got hurt in the cross fire. I hope that we can all push it to one side now and get on with it. As many have said before me- we are all here to help each other. To congratulate when things have gone well and to commiserate when things have gone wrong. I have said before that I could never condone cheating- and I mean that. Apart from one post this evening to welcome back Blackrose I have never made a comment on a post of this nature, as I couldn't say anything without it sounding harsh- something that I would never intentionally do. I have found LT easy- however I understand that there are some that don't and I would never make light of that situation.

Come on people! Let's all just get on with it and prove to each other that we can do it! Together!!!

xxxx

Very interesting debate :)

I guess we have two kinds of posters here. Those that want people to face their mistakes and perhaps even wear the hair shirt for a while. That can actually make some members feel better. I remember being caned at school (quite a few occassions:eek:). It was quite a positive feeling. I was absolved from my sins, and the headmistress was always really kind to me after.

But then we have the other sympathetic members, who suggest they bury the mistake...and offer an arm of support everytime. Put it behind you hun and move on. We are here to support you. Arm around until the next mistake and always there to help you dig the hole so you can forget about it.

That's also very positive insomuch as it makes people who are feeling down, feel better about themselves.

Does either way help the person become successful dieter? I'm not so sure. They might make them feel better, but only until the next time.

If someone cheats, then what they really need to do is to look at why they did it, and see if they can find an alternative way to deal with how they felt at that time. Nobody really suggests that...and anyway, I'm not sure even the suggestion would go down very well :(

So perhaps these forums are here to give sympathy rather than constructive advice? Perhaps that all it can do without the benefit of eye contact, body language. Shame though.

Meanwhile, I'll continue to ask people why (when I feel brave) and stop threads in the process LOL

If someone cheats, then what they really need to do is to look at why they did it, and see if they can find an alternative way to deal with how they felt at that time. Nobody really suggests that...and anyway, I'm not sure even the suggestion would go down very well :(

Very strange that you mention that because on the only post I have ever put up on a 'cheating' thread I asked that very question! Well, I said that they should try to work out why it happened. I think it's the only way forward as once you get to grips with why you have done something, you will know how to avoid it next time.

Ah well peeps all I can offer is support by telling you all how I have coped- I hope it's enough xxx

Reactions: KD

Actually Medea advised me to look at why I messed up and it has set my mind a reeling. many of us talk about our 'food demons' without actually investiagting properly what those demons are. I have thoroughly appreciated the opportunity to confess my diet sins and get all advice, chastisement and encouragement this wonderful forum has to offer.

RARRR!! Poor Scaz -he just wanted to air an opinion LMAO LMAO LMAO

KNICKERS IN A TWIST ALERT!!

Very strange that you mention that because on the only post I have ever put up on a 'cheating' thread I asked that very question! Well, I said that they should try to work out why it happened. I think it's the only way forward as once you get to grips with why you have done something, you will know how to avoid it next time.

Ah well peeps all I can offer is support by telling you all how I have coped- I hope it's enough xxx

LMAO! Medea -I had your back babes lol ;) ;)

Very strange that you mention that because on the only post I have ever put up on a 'cheating' thread I asked that very question!

Sorry. Missed that! Was caught up between cuddles and beatings :D Yeah...just kidding.

Well, I said that they should try to work out why it happened. I think it's the only way forward as once you get to grips with why you have done something, you will know how to avoid it next time.

Exactly:cool:

Actually Medea advised me to look at why I messed up and it has set my mind a reeling. many of us talk about our 'food demons' without actually investiagting properly what those demons are.

Excellent, because I really feel that's the way forward. Took me ages to accept that it really was the only way for long term success.

LMAO! Medea -I had your back babes lo

See, it's cos I missed ya! The one bit of really good advice I could ever, ever give and you got it! Wish I'd use it before now......... think of the millions I could have saved! :D ;)

That's not what I wrote. Read it again and then apologise.

It is unfortunate that some of those posting in favour of accepting cheating are the one's who are, in the main, just playing at LT to lose a few pounds or a stone. They do not have the same weight issues as those of us who have been, or are, morbidly obese. But they are oh so caring!!! My ass!!! They just seek affirmation for their own opinions!!!

Ok, I apologise, you said in the main (not all), its people who had less to lose, however, I have never said I disagree with your point, I have said that I don't think the way you say it will help alot of people, tho obviously it does help some, but maybe us newbies need to just be eased into your ways, your answer to my post the other day really made me feel like sh*t I was new to LT and feeling rubbish and to have you telling me that I must not cheat ( I have not and never planned to) did not help, I asked for advise and I just seemed to get a slating!
Anyway, no-one can deny how well you have done, and of course not coming off the plan is absolutly the best way to go about losing the weight anddo not condone/encourage 'cheating', however I will try to show compassion to those who do-that I will stand by!

I have a huge amount of weight to lose and this is no game to me!!
We are all in the same boat so lets hope we can all get thro our own 'journeys' allbeit at different speeds and perhaps in different ways!

I would like to point out it wasnt fattothin OR scazman that upset me. It was a couple of other posters who kept telling me to grow up, stop being oversensitive, asking if I was on my TOTM and telling me to stop cheating when Ive never cheated.

Basically, the people who didnt seem to see it was a reasoned debate between TWO hard-a$$ tough love cheeky guys and ONE mere newbie with an opinion and a forum to voice it on.

Im forgetting about it now and never defending anyone else again. There is no point.

From, You Know Who You Are.

I think this thread should be closed for good as of NOW. People are going to start really falling out soon and getting upset and thats not what this forum is for. Everyone has the right to an opinion but maybe certain people should re-read their posts before entering them - after all things that are ment as a joke may get read differently!!

SO I THINK NO MORE COMMENT OR DIGS AFTER THIS! DEAL??

I'm not on LT but another diet but can't help noticing that a month in Africa clearly doesn't fall into the same category you are waxing lyrical.

Apologies for the sarcastic tone in advance... just have a problem with hypocrites!

does it really matter what anyone else thinks, everyone who is doing this diet owes it to them self to not cheat, but if they do so what, its not end of world, everyone as the right to say what they think like scazman, an i am a women and agree that men dont seem to spend as much time moaning over this diet, but thats because theres so much more to a women, a man sumtimes is a walking groin, lol. an morbid i think you should get a bunny, an not the furry pet kind,lol. x x

Now if you have decided to choose LT or or any VLCD then you have already made that commitment to you, moi, yourself..... AND
You really don't need to be judged by others or listen to imbiciles who clearly think it's good for the goose but not for the gander.

I hope they never close this message board as I'd like to pop back on here often to think of more ridiculous come-backs for the idiot that started the thread and decided he was god and everyone else his minons... considering he got himself in the state he did to start with you'd think it'd be quite easy to shoot him down in 2 seconds. Quite frankly I'd never have got to his size to start with.... does that put me in a position to judge all the 'cheats' he's had for his whole life until he decided to do something about his horrendous behind? No it doesn't... but there you go. I did anyway.

Still not sure what I'm doing on this thread but always felt it my place to stand up to bully's when having a go at people with already incredibly low self-esteem.

Rack off to a bully forum.

OK enough please I have loved this place for the support it has given me...it is starting to feel like the marriage that helped make me as miserable as sin...drink too much and pile my weight on.

"Say what you mean. Mean what you say, but don't be mean when you say it"

Power Phrases

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back