Cheating / Restarting.

John F

Hey everyone. I've a question about the cheating/restarting trap that some people (myself included) have fallen into.

I've tried Lipotrim twice before. The first time, I lasted 35 days. The second time a mere 18 days. In each case, the moment I fell off the wagon, I fell and crashed. And in each case I remember telling myself that I'd get back on the program immediately.

Or maybe next Monday.

Which turned to next month... and so on.

I had read that restarting Lipotrim was a lot harder than starting it, and I certainly found that to be true. I couldn't summon up the willpower to restart for about a year, both times.

I really want to make this my last time using Lipotrim, and so based on past experience I know that I absolutely cannot cheat, no matter how small or healthy the cheating is, because I will just fall off the wagon completely.

Has anyone else been in a similar position regarding restarts? And if so, do you have any tips?

Last edited:
tbh i find it easy enough to get straight back on after i have had a treat or what ever

i so badly want to cheat but i dont think its worth it. I would rather just keep to it, and at the end rewrd myself. if i stopped now i dont think id be able to start again

Hi John
Like any diet or eating programme once broken its hard to restart. Its easy for me to sit here and give you lost of advise none of whiuch I ever followed myself hence LT, though I suppose recognising the signs of risk and looking for ways to avoid it is a start. Haveyou ever considered NPL (Neuro Linguistic Programming) Tapping. Its where you taps areas of your body, move your eyes and hum a tune... Not joking seriously. This is supposed to help to reprogramme your brain to enable you to change your thought. So if you have an urge to binge or have a craving you tap and continue it until the thoughts leave you. I suggest you Google Paul Mc Kenna "I can make you thin" and you will be able to see it on line. Have a go and I thing you will be surprised. It is a proven method of releiving people's phobias over heaith, snakes , planes etc. Good luck

Liam, just use this forum and whenever you feel like cheating, come on here and read some of the stories. I have felt like just having a curry or some bread loads of times and instead have logged on here. Also keep your eyes on the prize. Just think of all the fun you'll have with a super hot new bod!

Hey everyone. I've a question about the cheating/restarting trap that some people (myself included) have fallen into.

I've tried Lipotrim twice before. The first time, I lasted 35 days. The second time a mere 18 days. In each case, the moment I fell off the wagon, I fell and crashed. And in each case I remember telling myself that I'd get back on the program immediately.

Or maybe next Monday.

Which turned to next month... and so on.

I had read that restarting Lipotrim was a lot harder than starting it, and I certainly found that to be true. I couldn't summon up the willpower to restart for about a year, both times.

I really want to make this my last time using Lipotrim, and so based on past experience I know that I absolutely cannot cheat, no matter how small or healthy the cheating is, because I will just fall off the wagon completely.

Has anyone else been in a similar position regarding restarts? And if so, do you have any tips?

Even though the lt diet is tfr I have "cheated" (I dont class it as cheating because I dont feel guilty) Some people will shout at me for doing tfr and eating. But every so often i control my eating habits by allowing myself to eat 1 piece of chicken with lettuce, or most recently quorn and lettuce. This hasn't sent me into "oh my god i want to eat mode" i've gone straight back to my shakes the next day and not thought another thing about it. I have'nt failed at anything by doing this...in fact if you look at my weight loss 6 stone in 4 months is pretty good going.

Restarting I found easier than when I first started the diet because I knew what to expect...so if you want to go back on it just remember your doing this for your weight loss and the way you want to do it...so if eating a piece of chicken helps you through the tough times do it...the diet works on the same principle as Atkins and protein won't knock you out of ketosis (not everyone is the same)just remember to get rid of one of your shakes instead. So if you don't feel like doing the full tfr try and incorporate some Atkins with it if that helps you get through it. xx

Thank you Cherry, that's good advice. If I find myself having to cheat in the future (though I hope to god I won't) I'll stick with some form of meat/fat and no carbs, like on Atkins.

I started a thread about restarting and then struggling. It IS definitely harder the 2nd, 3rd time round. When you get to goal it is so easy to becom complacent and things soon start to slide. Its so easy to kid yourself that "its only a weekend" or "its only a couple of pounds" Believe me that the weight creeps back on and before you know it a stone is back on. The thing I think tolearn is that you always need to be careful with what you eat. You cant go back to old habits cos that why you got fat in the first place. A treat should be just that. I have a friend who is dieting too and she is becoming quite smug. She told me the other day that she cant stand the thought of chocolate now and wouldnt dream of eating unhealthy food. Well..........thats not me! I know that. I could always eat the sweet stuff and always will want to. I am not a saint. What I need to do is be in control of my eating and not let food control me. Sorry for the long post. But my advice for easing the restart is to remember why you want this and try to focus on that. Take it one day at a time. Dont compare yourself to others, go at your own pace. And believe in you

xx

I was exactly like that back in august.

I was on and off all the time, then one day it was..ill do it tomorrow..ill deffinately do it the day after..that turned into next week, then next month..and then i just gave up.

Im finding it hard this time too, i often find myself talking myself in and out of eating nearly almost every night.

Hiya John.

This is my second time on LT. First was pre baby number 2 in 2007. Found the first week of that really gruelling. Lasted 6wks and lost 2st.
Started again on 2nd Jan and was mentally prepared for it to be tough so i started the shakes on a weekend when i was'nt at work and made sure i kept really busy for the first 3 days. I think i was in Ketosis within 2days and didnt even feel hungry or get a headache once.

Im starting again from tomorrow as i got my wisdom teeth out last monday and the antibiotics kicked me out of Ketosis plus i had to stop the diet the week before the operation on doc advise so it would help the healing process.

So technically, its round 3 for me in the morning!!!! Again, im gonna keep super busy......

Good luck John!x

Whatever ya do babe, dont cheat its defintely not worth it. When I was on this diet last year I lost 3.5 stone, came off it in december cause I was moving homes and spending time with family and put it all on, it took me ages to get back on the wagon as I was constantly saying to myself "oh I will start on Monday", then wouldnt bother. Ya have to get yourself in the right frame of mind and know why ya are wanting to do this and if ya are ever feeling the need to cheat then log yourself on here and theres always someone on to offer some advice or stop ya making the biggest mistake of your life!! This is the third time that I have restarted on this diet and its not the easiest whatsoever, its torture and the worst time of year to do this diet as its blooming freezing!! Fingers crossed for ya hun and I am sure ya will crack it this time, take care

Thanks Miss. I kept a diary during my last two efforts, so I know roughly when to expect the cravings based on previous experience.

Back