Checking for Ketosis...

lydia03

Hey all!

How many of you actually have your ketosis level checked by your CDC. Mine said she doesnt check it for me but I can buy the sticks at a chemist if I want to! Is that right?

Thanks
Lydia xx

Mine doesn't check - and i haven't bothered to buy any ketostix yet. i guess i am in ketosis as i'm losing weight and have the symptoms.

What are the symptoms?! xx

What are the symptoms?! xx
Bad breath, not feeling hungry any more, headaches and restless sleep to start with, more energy. Obviously not everyone has all of these, not being hungry is the most important for me:)
Mine said she doesnt check it for me but I can buy the sticks at a chemist if I want to!
Mine does not check either x

I brought mine from my local chemist for about £4 for a small tubfull i think it was.

They sell then on EBay too.

You just wee on the end of the stick and if it turns pink your in Ketosis.

If you are sticking to this 100%, you can't not go into ketosis so you shouldn't need to check...

If you are sticking to this 100%, you can't not go into ketosis so you shouldn't need to check...
Yeah, but peeing on a stick can be a good distraction technique.. "Hmm I fancy some food, but I'll just nip to the loo & pee on a stick instead!"

I think if the stick confirms it, it should keep me motivated not to cheat too!! x

I agree anything to keep you motivated and on track. I havent checked since i went into Ketosis night 2 of starting cd but i have the symptoms (bad breath etc) & have been 100% - might go check now! lol

i think most councillors dont check unless you want them to. My councilor gives her clients a few sticks a week to check on their own, more for motivation than anything else.

I bought mine from Tesco's. I usually check once a week - for motivation and to check I am not dehydrated.

Back