Green Day Cheese Sauce for Lasagne

Discussion in 'Slimming World Recipes' started by Mushy Peas, 8 September 2009 Social URL.

1. Mushy Peas

Mushy Peas Member

Start Weight:
    9st11lb
    Current Weight:
    9st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(2.19%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi guys

I fancy making either a baked bean or quorn lasagne and was wondering if anyone knows of a free or low syn cheese sauce that can be used for it please?
    Thanks! :)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Leapfrog

Leapfrog Champion actifryer

Start Weight:
    84kg
    Current Weight:
    71.5kg
    Goal Weight:
    65kg
    Lost(%):
    12.5kg(14.9%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I beat a couple of eggs into fat free fromage frais, add salt & pepper and grated cheese (hex) for a free sauce. It's scrummy - the stronger the cheese the better - and sort of fluffs up like a soufflé.

4. julie19

julie19 Silver Member

Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimmingworld
    This is out of the saucy secrets book:

2 level tablespoons of cornflour
    1/2 pint skimmed milk
    5 ounces very low fat fromage frais
    1 teaspoon dijon mustard
    salt & pepper

Blend the cornflour with a little of the milk, pour the remaining milk in the pan bring to the boil and then add the cornflour mixture, stir continously for 1 to 2 mins until think.
    Remove from the heat & gradually add the fromage frais & mustard. Make sure you don't boil it otherwise the fromage frais will curdle.

5. Wicca303

Wicca303 Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st8lb
    Current Weight:
    16st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(3.02%)
    Diet:
    Healthy eating and 5:2
    I used to do one using silken tofu (the kind you get in a tetra pack at the supermarket or in the chillers at the oriental supermarket.

You just blend the tofu with a touch of mustard powder, and if you want to use a hexA some laughing cow light. Then use as a normal cheese sauce.

6. Ricky1978

Ricky1978 Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st6lb
    Current Weight:
    13st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st12lb(12.04%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I just use a pasta n sauce mix for my cheese sauce. It's 100% free and works really well. Makes the lasagne more filling as well.

7. lynnymac

lynnymac New Member

hello im new to simming world AGAIN!!!! been 10 years + since i was last here anyway any ideas to keep me on track greatly appreciated what sauce packet is this is it a colemans or knorr are they free yipee if they are:):) x

8. StaceyUK

StaceyUK Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st1.6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Morrison's instant cheese sauce in a packet is 5.5 syns per sachet. Worth it as it does the whole lasagne! I add a bit of wholegrain mustard, worcester sauce & cheddar to it then sprinkle the top with grated parmesan.

9. Mushy Peas

Mushy Peas Member

Start Weight:
    9st11lb
    Current Weight:
    9st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(2.19%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thanks for the replies guys! :)

I cant wait to experiment this weekend!

10. suelou

suelou Member

Start Weight:
    13st0lb
    Current Weight:
    11st5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st9lb(12.64%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I have just made a green day lasagne to serve 4 with roasted peppers, onions,tomatoes, aubergine,courgetes and topped it with sauce made from tub of very low fat fromage frais , teaspoonful of mustard and 4 Hex cheese (112gms). I left the cheese'sauce' until the last 10 mins of cooking. Although I had my doubts about it whilst cooking it was lovely. Even OH agreed it tasted good.

11. dianehugs

dianehugs Member

Start Weight:
    12st9lb
    Current Weight:
    12st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World lost 3 and half stone 2006-2007 now wanna lose post baby 2 and half stone
    i usue milk allowance allowance for two or three people and whisk in a tablespoon of plain flour and heat slowly till it starts to thicken and add greated cheese allowance for same number of people....add the syns of flour but then divided by the 3 or 4 people that will eat the lasagne it works iout about 1 and a half syns if that.
    Diane

12. w0zzah

w0zzah New Member

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st3lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5lb(9.05%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    @Ricky1978: Do you use the the sauce "pasta-and-all"? Or do you separate the pasta bits and powder to make up the cheese sauce?
    I had the same thought, but wasn't sure if the powder alone would work without the starch from the pasta...?

13. hiann

hiann Member

Start Weight:
    11st8lb
    Current Weight:
    11st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st2lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(2.47%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    I used the sauce flour from sainsburys for the first time last week: worked well but did take longer to thicken than HM roux based white sauces

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.