Green Day Cheese Sauce for Lasagne

Hi guys

I fancy making either a baked bean or quorn lasagne and was wondering if anyone knows of a free or low syn cheese sauce that can be used for it please?
Thanks! :)

I beat a couple of eggs into fat free fromage frais, add salt & pepper and grated cheese (hex) for a free sauce. It's scrummy - the stronger the cheese the better - and sort of fluffs up like a soufflé.

This is out of the saucy secrets book:

2 level tablespoons of cornflour
1/2 pint skimmed milk
5 ounces very low fat fromage frais
1 teaspoon dijon mustard
salt & pepper

Blend the cornflour with a little of the milk, pour the remaining milk in the pan bring to the boil and then add the cornflour mixture, stir continously for 1 to 2 mins until think.
Remove from the heat & gradually add the fromage frais & mustard. Make sure you don't boil it otherwise the fromage frais will curdle.

I used to do one using silken tofu (the kind you get in a tetra pack at the supermarket or in the chillers at the oriental supermarket.

You just blend the tofu with a touch of mustard powder, and if you want to use a hexA some laughing cow light. Then use as a normal cheese sauce.

I just use a pasta n sauce mix for my cheese sauce. It's 100% free and works really well. Makes the lasagne more filling as well.

hello im new to simming world AGAIN!!!! been 10 years + since i was last here anyway any ideas to keep me on track greatly appreciated what sauce packet is this is it a colemans or knorr are they free yipee if they are:):) x

Morrison's instant cheese sauce in a packet is 5.5 syns per sachet. Worth it as it does the whole lasagne! I add a bit of wholegrain mustard, worcester sauce & cheddar to it then sprinkle the top with grated parmesan.

I have just made a green day lasagne to serve 4 with roasted peppers, onions,tomatoes, aubergine,courgetes and topped it with sauce made from tub of very low fat fromage frais , teaspoonful of mustard and 4 Hex cheese (112gms). I left the cheese'sauce' until the last 10 mins of cooking. Although I had my doubts about it whilst cooking it was lovely. Even OH agreed it tasted good.

i usue milk allowance allowance for two or three people and whisk in a tablespoon of plain flour and heat slowly till it starts to thicken and add greated cheese allowance for same number of people....add the syns of flour but then divided by the 3 or 4 people that will eat the lasagne it works iout about 1 and a half syns if that.
Diane

@Ricky1978: Do you use the the sauce "pasta-and-all"? Or do you separate the pasta bits and powder to make up the cheese sauce?
I had the same thought, but wasn't sure if the powder alone would work without the starch from the pasta...?

I used the sauce flour from sainsburys for the first time last week: worked well but did take longer to thicken than HM roux based white sauces

Back