Cheese scones made with smash

They are in EE and Green
Some argue it's food abuse but they are definitely free if used as part of a meal and they're ok as the odd stnack jut not 12 a day ( you would not have 12 jacket potatoes in a day would you they're free and that also would be counted as food abuse!)
I've always counted them as free and do also if I have the odd one as snacks instead of brea
If you're weight loss slows or stops just look at how much free food you are using as snacks and change to more SF

This is what the SW website says

Over the past few weeks lots of you have been in touch about making recipes like couscous cake, smash pizza, cottage cheese scones, lasagne crisps and many others. We’ve popped together a feature online called ‘myths and misconceptions busted’ where we uncover the truths about these ‘tweaks’ to protect your weight losses!

Are cous cous cake, smash pizzas and lasagne sheet doritos free?

You might be disappointed to hear that they’re not. Because changing the use of a food can make it easier to over-eat, to protect your weight loss they become Synned.

When foods like pasta, rice and grains are used in their original form they’re low in energy density (calories), bulky, appetite-satisfying foods. Pasta, couscous and rice are usually the main ingredient in a meal packed with other Free Foods – giving it sufficient bulk to be satisfying as a meal in itself. However, when ground down, used as flour (like in couscous cake), used as a sauce thickener (like Smash), seasoned crisps (like Doritos) or puréed (like smoothies) they’re often used as additions to a main meal… and on top of your day’s Syns. It is a very effective way of adding a lot of extra calories in a non-bulky way, and as such would then be counted as Syns

It also says in the food optimising book that free foods used as substitute for flour should be synned :(

I'm new to sw and very confused by this. Surely most meals would be classed as syns then because all base free food is turned into something else a meal.
I get that it doesn't make sense to eat 12 but I'd been showed the scones as something to snack on I'll have 2 with some pickled cabbage or a side salad. Is this not allowed?

I'm new to sw and very confused by this. Surely most meals would be classed as syns then because all base free food is turned into something else a meal.
I get that it doesn't make sense to eat 12 but I'd been showed the scones as something to snack on I'll have 2 with some pickled cabbage or a side salad. Is this not allowed?

I think as long you're having it with some superfree and have the ratio right you should be fine.

If I make a smash pizza I have it as a main meal and with plenty of salad. So although the base should be synned as a tweak I haven't had anything extra like wedges etc.

I think I have that right? Sorry if it's not much help to you x

Yes that makes sense, i read somewhere that ppl were having a huge bowl of homemade crisps and not loosing weight but as well as lots of potato as meals and it worked out they were eating half a bag of potatos a day. So I'm going with these are free so long as there part of a meal or one as an odd snack and if I have a gain or stabilize I'll look to these to cut out I think. Thanks x

Haha you've explained it a lot easier than me :) thank u. I have them with my soup and add a dry fried red onion in aswell for that bit more sf. Have you tried the chickpea Dahl loaf? That's nice as a bread substitute with a speed soup or with some salad for lunch x

Please could someone post the recipe for these scones - we have a tasting day on Wednesday at SW meeting, would like to make them, thank you

I do instant mash, eggs, cottage cheese, spring onion, mix, make into small scone on greese proof paper, spray top with fry light. Bake in oven until a light golden

Back