Cheesecake pleaseeeee x x

Shelly Star x x

Hello all,

I am a massive fan of cheesecake and i wanna be able make one that actually taste nice... I have tried the oreo one and i must say it was awful, one i dnt care much for baked cheesecake and second it was not even crunchy the base it went all soggy n minging!

So does anyone have a good propa normal cheesecake recipe that i could use please for over the festive period! Pleaseeeeeee x x

I want it like normal as it can be if possible x x

The recipe section is a searchable forum... if you search under 'cheesecake' there are already quite a few recipes posted :)

Sueschoices posted a couple of recipes a while back and they looked fabulous:

Original cheesecake

CheesecakeBoth.jpg

Devine Cheesecake - Serves 10, 3 syns per slices

Ingredients

10 Fox's crinkle crunch butter biscuits (25 syns)
3 egg whites
2x sachets lemon and lime flavoured sugar free jelly crystals (3 syns)
1lb/454g quark skimmed milk soft cheese
250g very low fat natural cottage cheese
8oz/227g very low fat natural fromage frais
1-2tbsp granulated sweetner (optional)
6oz/170g small strawberries, thawed if frozen
mint leaves to decorate
1 tsp icing sugar (optional) 1 syn

Method

1. Pre heat oven to 190c/gas 5. Grease and line am 8"/20cm spring clip cake tin with baking parchment. Place the buscuits in a clean plastic bag and holding the end shut, crush finely with a rolling pin.

2. In a bowl lightly beat 1 egg white, add the crushed biscuits and mic well. Transfere into the cake tin and with the back of a wetted metal spoon press evenly over the base (takes some time to cover the whole surface). Bake in the oven for 10 minutes, set aside to cool.

3. Dissolve the jelly crystals in half pint/284ml boiling water and set aside to cool. In another bowl place the quark and seive in the cottage cheese to remove any lumps. Beat together with the fromage frais. Cover and chill till required.

4. When the jelly is cool, whisk the remaining egg whites until stiff. Beat the liquid jelly into the cheese mixture, add sweetner if usuing, then fold in the egg whites until well blended. Pile on top of the crushed biscuits and smooth the top. Chill for 2 hrs until set.

5. To serve, wash the strawberries and hull. Cut in half and arrange on top of the cheescake, decorate with the mint leaves and dust with icing sugar if using.

Baileys Cheesecake

Baileys Crunchy Caramel Cheesecake - Serves 10

IMG_0460.jpg

4 syns per slice!

Ingredients

10 Fox's crinkle crunch butter biscuits
1 egg white
2x sachets lemon and lime flavoured sugar free jelly crystals
...1lb/454g quark skimmed milk soft cheese
250g very low fat natural cottage cheese
8oz/227g very low fat natural fromage frais
1-2tbsp granulated sweetner (optional)
4 tbsp Baileys

2 tbsp caster sugar
1tbsp water
1/2 tsp cocoa powder

Method

1. Pre heat oven to 190c/gas 5. Grease and line am 8"/20cm spring clip cake tin with baking parchment. Place the buscuits in a clean plastic bag and holding the end shut, crush finely with a rolling pin.

2. In a bowl lightly beat 1 egg white, add the crushed biscuits and mix well. Transfere into the cake tin and with the back of a wetted metal spoon press evenly over the base (takes some time to cover the whole surface). Bake in the oven for 10 minutes, set aside to cool.

3. Dissolve the jelly crystals in half pint/284ml boiling water and set aside to cool. In another bowl place the quark and seive in the cottage cheese to remove any lumps. Beat together with the fromage frais. Add the Baileysand mix well. Cover and chill till required.

4. When the jelly is cool, beat the liquid jelly into the cheese mixture, add sweetner if using. Pile on top of the crushed biscuits and smooth the top. Chill for 2 hrs until set.

5. To serve, place the sugar and water into a pan and heat until the sugar disolves. Boil for 3-4 minutes until golden then immediately drizzle over the cake. Sprinkle on the cocoa.

Awh they look amazing, thank you so much! Will defo be giving them a go x x

Have u looked at the slimming world website? There's a choc cheesecake recipe on there. Also I just bought "100 desserts" from my class, there are loads and loads of cheesecake recipes in there, haven't done any yet though!

julie
1 of the girls in my group done the orange cheesecake with jelly on top out of the 100 desserts book and it was really lovely

Just to let you know the Cheesecake I was telling you about... well I worked the syns out... 117 syns for the whole cake! OMG! Wont be making that again in a hurry! x

Back