Red Day Cheesey Meatballs

if you use as a HEXa they will be free on red and EE :)
X

I'm on an EE day so I'm going to make these tonight in some creamed tomatoes with herbs and roasted veg served over pasta, I think! Yum!

I might even boil the balls (sounds so gross! hahaha) in the tomato sauce to cook them - that way if there's any seepage it can go into the sauce!

I love these soooo much xxx

Mine didn't work. I overbaked them so they were really dry and all the cheese came out even though I thought I'd shaped them ok. Any suggestions for keeping the cheese from coming out? I'd like to try the again because the meatballs did have a gorgeous flavour despite only a smidge of cheese!

Not really sure what to suggest - maybe try using some extra mince?

I know that last time I did them, one of the balls wasn't quite as big as the others and that one split so it could possibly be that? Other than that just make sure you roll them really tight once the cheese is in them. Sorry I can't be of more help!

I made these last night and they are to die for!!!
With the left over mince I made some beefburgers and even my 3 year old was eating them!
I added lots of garlic granules as I love garlic and as I bit into the meatball and the cheese oozed out, I suddenly thought about making them into chicken kievs!
So this evening, armed with chicken mince, 6 laughing cow extra light cheese triangles, garlic granules, mixed herbs and tarragon I will make them as original post and let you know how I get on!

Thank you for this fantastic recipe!

Are these free on red then??

i thought on red you could eat as much mince (lean) as you like is this not true.

And

if you had these could you have sw chips also as a heathy option?

Yes they are free on a red day Hun...well they are if you take your HeA allowance as the Laughing cow cheese triangles..if not you would have to syn them.
Your sw chips could also be a HeB, so you can have a decent meal!
Hope this helps you?

Kerry-Ann
xx

Lol...we typed at the same time!

These really do sound lush so i think im gonna be making these this week for me and oh with loadsa free veg for me. thanks :D

Thanks for this one. I loved them and most of all so did my daughter. I find it difficult to cook one meal for us both and so found it refreshing not having to cook two meals last night.

Shall be cooking them again.

Was wondering what to do for dinner , I have some extra lean mince in the fridge, and these sound yummy.

Just seen this - I will be cooking this for dinner tonight as I have some mince in the fridge to be used up :)

OMG! :eek: Have just eaten these and they are totally amazing! They are definitely a favourite now... Mmmm Mmmm Mmmm x

Back