Chelsea's last stone off by Christmas mission!!

Well, today is day 1 of the Sunny Bus 3 month Road trip :D Lots of lovely people are on board and we are going to have a lovely journey together to shed this weight. I am going to try to stick to SW if I can, although I seemed to have got my wires crossed before with 'free food' and maybe that is where I've gone wrong with it before. So if you see any glaring mistakes in my food lists, then please shout out and tell me what I am doing wrong. :eek:

Today's food

Milk HEx A

B. Grapes, raspberries, pear, plum

L. Tin Tuna, salad, Cherry ff activia yogurt

D. Chicken breast with vegetables

S. Fruit and ff yogurts

May have a couple of Ryvita for my HEx B

Does this look ok for a Red day?

Looks good Chels but you are missing a HEB. Maybe you could have a small jacket spud with your chicken?

Your lovely breakfast has reminded me that I need to go and get some fruit. I only have a couple of old apples at home so will pop my local farm shop for some fresh produce - they have the best Victoria Plums - YUM!

Alli, so glad you are on this bus :D Would the Ryvita not count as a HEx B? :confused:

Yup but you need two HEBs - I guess you could eat a lot of ryvitas...;) You would need 4-8 Ryvitas for it to count as 2 HEBs.

2 x Ryvitas is a speed choice and 4 x Ryvitas is a "normal" HEB choice...

2 x Ryvitas is a speed choice and 4 x Ryvitas is a "normal" HEB choice...
I have to say this is one thing I have NOT got to grips with on SW. How can 2 be a speed choice and 4 normal? You get this with lots of other things (chestnuts, humous, stewed apples etc). How can having half the quantity make it speedier!!!!

Chels - try and have a HexB with your meal anyway. I find I feel fuller for longer if my meal has protein, veg and HexB together. HexB's on red include garden peas, mushy peas, loads of types of beans (baked beans, broad beans etc), parsnips, baked spuds, new spuds, lentils or a very small amout of wholewheat pasta!

Otherwise this looks like a good red day.
[STRIKE]
Now then - this is where I really confuse you. Depending on the size of your piece of chicken a HexB portion of chicken on a green day is 113g. So 2 * HexB's would be 226g - about 8 oz. So you could take your chicken as BOTH HexBs and have lots of pasta or rice or spuds - so long as you don't have the Ryvita.

Confused? Don't be, I was at first too. [/STRIKE]
Ignore above - I forgot about your tuna at lunch!!!

So call today Red and if you need an extra snack use your Hex's. You can have a 2nd HexA if you want on red/green days. So great as 4pm low pick-you-up. Have a bit of cheese on your Ryvitas - I love Philly Light. (Note Philly Light NOT Extra Light is what classes as a HexA).

There are loads more cheeses than in the book that you can have as a HexA. If you want a full list I'll email them to you if you'd like?

Last edited:
Sheeeeesh, its a ruddy minefield Bev but thanks for the info. An email re cheese would be marvellous :D

I added an avocado to my tuna salad (2.5 syns) and will probably have 2% fat cottage cheese on ryvita later. How many syns would the cottage cheese be do you think?

Thank goodness you are on the bus Bev..........xxxx

Sheeeeesh, its a ruddy minefield Bev but thanks for the info. An email re cheese would be marvellous :D

I added an avocado to my tuna salad (2.5 syns) and will probably have 2% fat cottage cheese on ryvita later. How many syns would the cottage cheese be do you think?

Thank goodness you are on the bus Bev..........xxxx
Now how much avocado did you have? 28g = 2.5 syns BUT an average sized whole one is 14 syns according to the book.

2% cottage cheese is 1/2 syn per 100g - assuming it's what the book calls low fat - also looked on website and there is no mention of 2% fat.

Cheese email on it's way to home and work.

Now how much avocado did you have? 28g = 2.5 syns BUT an average sized whole one is 14 syns according to the book.
Bev..........where would I be without you?

The avocado was only a little one, so the flesh would have weighed no more than 56g, so I will call that 5 syns
2% cottage cheese is 1/2 syn per 100g - assuming it's what the book calls low fat - also looked on website and there is no mention of 2% fat.
I'll say that is 5 syns if I have it, just to be on the safe side :D
Cheese email on it's way to home and work.
Just popped up in my inbox Bev.....thanks for that. I'm off to read it now. xxx

I'll say that is 5 syns if I have it, just to be on the safe side :D
The cottage cheese is only 1/2 syn per 100g - thats a fair chunk of cottage cheese. 5 syns would be way over the top! A whole 500g tub would only be 2.5 syns!

The cottage cheese is only 1/2 syn per 100g - thats a fair chunk of cottage cheese. 5 syns would be way over the top! A whole 500g tub would only be 2.5 syns!
Hahaha, see why I need help??????? :confused: I'll make that 1 syn then :D Blonde and not just in hair colour huh? :)

Hi Chels,

Am trying to catch up on your diary. Going back to the other one soon (I hope). Agree with the others, if you're doing red, you definitely need to use your HexB's. Will help to fill you up if nothing else.

Do you have an appointment tomorrow ? I was looking back a few pages and it said 23rd August ? If so, fingers crossed.

Gail x

Yes Gail, I've got to see Dr. (again *sigh*) and see if he will give me a blood test for thyroid function. I am showing a lot of symptoms of underactive thyroid, plus my mum had it so that is another reason to have it done. Thanks for remembering xxx:D

Just to update food I had 100g low fat cottage cheese (1/2 syn) and 3 ryvita (HEx B)

So very light on syns today :D - 5.5

Hope my travelling companions had a good day too xxx

Your travelling companions had a wonderful day on the food front!

Your syns are low but ok - the avocado made up for it. But try for 10 tomorrow! If you can stop at one chuck in a cheeky little glass of burgundy on your way through France to up the syns!

Last edited:
Morning Sweet pea. Ma is good today thanks. Had a great day on the food front yesterday :D Feeling positive and a bit energised and long may it continue.

How are you today? Hope you are ok and have a better day at work xxx

Well, yesterday's food was very good, and I'm looking forward to another good day. Unfortunately I wasn't very organised with bringing in food to work so will have to buy from the shops but intend to choose wisely and stick to plan.

I do have 2 activia ff yogurts in my bag, which I am about to scoff :D and for lunch I will get myself a bag of salad leaves and have some prawns or something of that ilk to go with it. There is plenty of fruit at work (we have two deliveries per week as a staff perk) to will be able to chomp away to my heart's content.

So far today I have had 1 tea, 2 coffees (HEx A) and the aforementioned yogurt.

Have a fabby day everyone, despite the horrible weather (It is currently chucking it down in the South East :cry:)

xxx

Ok, so today's food so far :D - Another Red day

2 ff activia cherry yogurts

Milk for tea and coffee (HEx A)

2 small hard boiled eggs

Handful of prawns

Mixed salad, leaves, peppers, tomatoes, cucumber

Red grapes

Sound ok to you? :D

Sound ok to you? :D
Very - but don't forget them there Hex's and syns chica. They're there to balance your food out and keep you on track!

Very - but don't forget them there Hex's and syns chica. They're there to balance your food out and keep you on track!
Thanks Bev for the reminder. I plan to have some cod tonight with some mashed potato or jacket with a little butter (all synned or hexd) :D I might even have a cheeky little glass of rose wine, which will be accounted for.

Not feeling particularly hungry at the moment but the evening is usually my picky time, so glad I have lots saved for later on.

How are you doing today?

xxx

Back