Chemist training?!!!

lubelu

Do they get any???? I went for my week 7 WI yesterday and had lost 2.1kg in the week, so about 4.5lbs which considering my BMI is now 27 I'm pleased about as I presume my weight loss will slow down as I get nearer the ideal weight range. The women (who I've not seen before) starts saying, "hmmmm you really should be loosing more than that...maybe you should go on to maintainance" I was like "What?!!!" she said "I've had people in here who loose more than that a week" to which I said "err it's 4.5lbs and considering I'm not far off my target I think that's good" and she said "yes but I've had a man who lost 2 stone in 5 weeks" and I said "yes but don't men loose the weight quicker anyway?" then she looks at my info and sees that I've lost over 2 stone in 7 weeks and says "Oh I guess that's ok".

This is after I had to explain to her that my weight loss hadn't been good the week before as I'd gone in the afternoon instead of first thing (as I had been doing) and so I said I must have had the poor weight loss due to all the water I'd drunk in the day. She said "well water doesn't weight very much does it" and I said "errr... actually it weights 1kg a litre and considering that I'm drinking 4 litres a day I think coming later in the day is surely going to make a difference" On my home scales I weight 4-5lbs heavier in the evening than the morning each day so I'm pretty certain it flutuates quite a lot! Anyway yesterday I went in the afternoon
so not to confuse them and so that my weight loss would be consistant with last week so the 4.5lbs is bang on.

Every time I go in only one women reognises me so I normally have to say "I'm here to pick up lipotrim" "is it your first week"......."No, I've been doing it for weeks...."

I just feel like the whole thing is really impersonal, they don't understand how TFR diets work and are just in it for the money. Once I've finished I feel like writiing to the Lipotrim head office to tell them how I feel. What do you think?

Do they get any???? I went for my week 7 WI yesterday and had lost 2.1kg in the week, so about 4.5lbs which considering my BMI is now 27 I'm pleased about as I presume my weight loss will slow down as I get nearer the ideal weight range. The women (who I've not seen before) starts saying, "hmmmm you really should be loosing more than that...maybe you should go on to maintainance" I was like "What?!!!" she said "I've had people in here who loose more than that a week" to which I said "err it's 4.5lbs and considering I'm not far off my target I think that's good" and she said "yes but I've had a man who lost 2 stone in 5 weeks" and I said "yes but don't men loose the weight quicker anyway?" then she looks at my info and sees that I've lost over 2 stone in 7 weeks and says "Oh I guess that's ok".

This is after I had to explain to her that my weight loss hadn't been good the week before as I'd gone in the afternoon instead of first thing (as I had been doing) and so I said I must have had the poor weight loss due to all the water I'd drunk in the day. She said "well water doesn't weight very much does it" and I said "errr... actually it weights 1kg a litre and considering that I'm drinking 4 litres a day I think coming later in the day is surely going to make a difference" On my home scales I weight 4-5lbs heavier in the evening than the morning each day so I'm pretty certain it flutuates quite a lot! Anyway yesterday I went in the afternoon
so not to confuse them and so that my weight loss would be consistant with last week so the 4.5lbs is bang on.

Every time I go in only one women reognises me so I normally have to say "I'm here to pick up lipotrim" "is it your first week"......."No, I've been doing it for weeks...."

I just feel like the whole thing is really impersonal, they don't understand how TFR diets work and are just in it for the money. Once I've finished I feel like writiing to the Lipotrim head office to tell them how I feel. What do you think?

You are so right:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

OMG to think these people are suppost to be educated , hope they dont act as dozey giving out perscriptions!!
Lea xx

Yeah I feel exactly the same. Today the Pharmacist asked me if I'd been eating other things on the lipotrim and that I should be losing more. Really don't understand people's feelings sometimes!

Kinda do think they are in it for the money, definitely write to them if you feel so strongly about it.

You've done fantastic so far, just remember its you whose going through the diet not them so keep smiling! :)

I feel like I'm the one having to explain to them how it works!!!!! If they actaully have to go on a course before they dispence it I really wonder what the hell they are teaching them....

I totally agree with you lubelu! My pharmacist knows bugger all - he always tuts at my losses - I haven't been happy either but then he starts comparing my loss to some other chap who is 19 stone - considering i'm 12st something and female - he shouldn't be doing that. To top it all he says i shouldn't be constipated on LT and says the fibre clear should help and its not normal!! When i told him about the number of people on this forum who have motion problems he was surprised so i referred him to the site! Again - even though i had already told him about this site - considering he is a LT chemist he should have known about it to begin with.

I agree 100% with all of you and I'm doing my LT through a semi-retired GP rather than a chemist, cos there are no chemists that do LT in my whole county! He told me on my first visit to exercise as much as possible from the word go, and also that no one gets constipated on LT!!! He hasn't once asked me how I'm getting on and just writes a prescription each week. He's definitely in it for the money and nothing else. I have only had 2 weigh-ins and he told me this week he is going on holiday for 2 weeks so will see me in 3! Don't feel there's any support at all from him so just as well I found this site!

I had a very similar experience today. Got weighed, and had lost 3.5lb for the second week in a row, and the chemist asked me if I was cheating. I was so angry!! It made me angrier than any of the other things they've done. Not one slip in 5 weeks, half a stone in 2 weeks, and I get this c**p! I am REALLY tempted to sign up to 10 pharmacies, get a weeks supply off each and never go back to any of them, to hell with the supervision. They make it harder not easier!

My pharmacist was fine with my pathetic losses the last 2 weeks. She told me not to be so hard on myself and to carry on keeping to plan.

My issue with her is she hasn't got a clue how to convert weight in kgs (scales weigh in kgs) into stone and pounds. I just accept what she says then come home and work it out properly!

x

My pharmisist is a legend! He even did LT himself for a week before he started selling it so he could emphasise with his clients. He takes a back seat once one has started the programme but his assistant is fantastic. She knows be by name and always has a chat. I look forward to my weigh ins!

yes i agree with you all,half the time my pharmasist doesnt have my choc shakes and i have to go back,its not like he doesnt know ive been getting the same for 16 weeks,he always asks me questions about LT that other people have asked him,they cant get any training at all xx

I sent an email to LT about the chemist who refused me as my BMI wasnt exactly 30...was something like 28.9 and she literally told me to come back when i had gained some more!! How shocking!!! so i wrote to LT and they have got intouch with the chemist to redo their training and had serious words...it didnt help me but will hope fully help others... i would go for it and fantastic weight loss xxx:D
Some chemists are soooo POOOOOOO!!!!

Well done Nic. Prehaps more of you with crappy pharmacists should write to LT. Let us know what they say.

x

I have to say that my chemist is very professional, infact the place I go to is soley an LT place, thats all they do. So they are so focused on LT and everyone that is coming in and out of the shop are all on LT. The decor of the place is really nice and modern and the whole system they have in place is first class. The chemist and everyone who works there are so friendly and supportive. They text me every week the day before weigh in to say they are looking forward to seeing me the next day. On my first week they called me on day 3 to offer me encouragement and check how I was going. The chemist gave me his personal mobile number and told me to call him at any time if I had any questions at all.

I feel blessed to have such a good experience with my chemist. He said to me when I had my initial consultation that we will get you to your target weight... and I felt so happy and full of absolute belief that I would get there.

Just thought id share my positive experience with you all.

julz
xox

Wow Julz, what a fantastic chemist - if only there were more of them!!! With an attitude like that and such support to his clients then all his clients should all do really well.

x

the chemist i am with now is fab pearl chemist in rochdale...the pharamcist and her assistant are both doing it ...i am soo glad i found this one after being turned away by morrisons chemist and having a crap experience with another!
I would definately recommend changing to anyone who is not happy with theres xx

i have to say................ my chemist is bloody fantastic....... he replyed to all i asked.... even ask his customers on LT whats it like to help others starting it or even put us in touch with each other for suport, if he cant reply to a ? he will talk to the lady who put the diet in chemist, the only thing he is annoyed about is the lil choice of shakes n that (flav,) he has been on to them .... is why he thinks many quit to soon :rolleyes:

Oh wow, I hadn't really thought about the prospect of getting a less-than-professional pharmacist... *frowns* I'll give the prospective pharmacies a call now and judge which one sounds best - that's the one I'll go to this afternoon.

Back