Chewing Gum

xSinead

Silver Member
Is this a big no no? Just wondering!

Was wondering this myself! Hopefully someone knows for definite, I work closely with the public so ketosis breath (when it kicks in) is a big no no for me lol :) can see my customers running a mile haha x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hahaa! My breath has been horribleee since i've been in ketosis, been brushing my teeth loads!! Lol x

I think I read somewhere it was as long as it's sugar free. I use a mouth spray to help. :)

Is it really that bad haha!! Hopefully chewing gum is allowed of needed, I know you can get sugar free gum, that might be okay :D if not I'll have a toothbrush stuck in my mouth constantly haha :)

I think sugar free gum is ok regarding keeping in ketosis. The problem with chewing is the problem and it fools your stomach into thinking it is going to have food. This can make you feel hungry.

My CDC allows sugarfree gum and mints. Also another thing is to keep a pot of fresh mint and make up some mint tea whenever you get smelly breath x

I txt my CDC and asked him, sugar free gum is allowed but it can fool your body into thinking you are going to eat and might make you hungry, but won't knock you out of ketosis!

Think I'll give it a try if needed and if I start to feel hungry just drink some more water lol, got to be better than smelly breath :)

flab fighter said:
I think sugar free gum is ok regarding keeping in ketosis. The problem with chewing is the problem and it fools your stomach into thinking it is going to have food. This can make you feel hungry.

I felt hungry by chewing the gum and then i'd chew even more so i had something to chew on... I haven't had gum for two weeks now and don't feel hungry anymore. I brought a mint mouth spray & use it if my breath isnt having a good day!!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S using MiniMins

Last time i did ss i chewed gum and stayed in keitosis , this time its knocked me off i did not loose anything in 10 days i have not chewed gum now for 5 days and ive lost 7 pounds but everyones diffrent x

Back