Chewing gum

Treefrog

slimmer...
Hi there, on my second day and feeling pretty good (though I started wanting cigarettes again :eek: ) Is it OK to chew sugar-free chewing gum whilst on LL? I feel the need to chew something and I thought that would be the best option...

Sorry hun cant help you with this one but i am sure someone who is an experienced vlcd peep will soon be along to help you x

Hi treefrog
my LLC said no to chewing gum as it contains citric acid . Unfortunately i have been having the occasional ciggarette after not smoking for 6 weeks. When i had my pop in LLC gave allowed us bars which im sure u will be able to have within a week.

my LL councellor totally banned chewing gum - apparently an ingredient, citric acid, is not permitted in the diet.

bummer...i know

lol Treefrog,
i felt the same way and then i chewed and tasted and they were awful but as my LLC says you either hate em or u love em;)

Hi treefrog, if you need to chew try making some crisps from a savoury pack, I have a portion a day and I love them!!! recipie is on the vlcd thread as a sticky....

Hi Treefrog, I'm on the Cambridge diet and I have been chewing Ice extra sugarfree gum from week 3 - without it I think I would have given up yonks ago... for me it has not hindered my weight loss (or if it has I am totally unaware of it), however, my Counsellor did warn me that it might and if I wanted to try then it was up to me, I tried, and here I am, 17 weeks and 6 stone lighter later.. still chewing.. still losing.. and still smiling!
CD and LL may be totally different, ask your LL counsellor and whatever they tell you, that's what you should do. I may just be very lucky! :D Hope you find a solution - I know its daft, but what about chewing a baby's silicone dummy teat? (I know.. it sounds mad.. but at least you can chew that way!)

Hi Treefrog!

How come you have to wait so long for the bars?
You normally get them on day 4!
x

Hi Pixie

We didn't get ours until after the first week was up. I have now stopped having them. Not because i didn't like them but they made me feel hungry after eating them!!

Thanks for all the advice everyone! The drop-in for my group was yesterday and I was visiting friends on London, so couldn't make it. Had a look at a packet of chewing gum and there was no mention of citric acid on the label, but the urge to chew seems to have dissapated somewhat.

Not long to go until 1st WI!

My LLC told me not to have gum not because it would bring me out of ketosis but because it makes you hungry. The chewing and saliva production get your tummy ready for food. I have some occassionally and I have to say I get a rumbling belly and its the gum coz I never am hungry on this diet !

Back