Chick peas

hi ya, you might like this one! if you chop and onion and fry it with a clove of garlic until softened using fry lite. Add some mushrooms and then add a tin of chopped tomatoes, a bay leaf, salt and pepper and a little sweetner to sweeten the tomatoes. Add half a teaspoon of chilli powder and simmer for 15 minutes and then add the chickpeas until they are heated through. its fast and it goes nice with rice and its filling and free!!! hope you like.

chickpea and potato curry

frylight onions,garlic add chickpeas,tinned toms and cooked potatos either sweet or normal or even butternut squash and curry powder of choice and cook .

I made the mushy press curry last week and I reckon a tin of chick peas would have been lush in that! They can also be put into syn free onion bhajis.

Hummus!

Blend a can of chickpeas (drained, retain a little can liquid) with 2 cloves of garlic, a tbsp of lemon juice and salt n pepper. Add can liquid tsp at a time until correct consistency. Eat however you fancy, I like mine with ryvita and cheese or on a jacket spud.

I like to add a tsp of paprika to mine too, or I add chopped jalapeños and fresh coriander. It's only a loose recipes so you can add what you fancy to it.

Chick pea curry

2 tbsp vegetable oil
1 diced onion
2 chopped cloves garlic
1 inch piece peeled and grated ginger
1 teasp cumin
1 teasp turmeric
1 teasp coriander
1 teasp salt
half teasp garam masala
1 can chick peas
1 can choppes tomatoes

Preparation method

Prep: 10 mins | Cook: 6 hours
Rinse and drain the canned Chickpeas.
In a stainless steel or cast iron pan, sauté oil, onions, ginger, and garlic for 5 minutes.
Place onion mixture and all other ingredients except for garam masala in a Crockpot.
Cook on low for 6-9 hours. Before serving, add garam masala.
Tip

Try adding some finely chopped jalapeno peppers for an extra kick.

Back