Chicken breast

debbydocious

I'm on SS but if I got really hungry and had a grilled chicken breast would I do much damage to weightloss? I havent had one but am on at the mo and as usual very hungry lol

Hi Debbydoccious --

I do not think it'll do much damage (not a lot of calories), and as it is protein it should not slow your getting in to ketosis by much.

However, if oyu are determined to do SS and not SS+ or and 810 plan... then someone on this forum suggested having an extra pack if you are struggling.

This means that you might run out early if can't get more from your CDC, but Tescos makes a diet meal replacement that might do in a pinch, as do many other companies (Boots, etc. have things).

(I have extra CD packets for just such a thing: very hungry or difficult day... I bought extras and said that I liked variety and might chang emy mind on what I felt like having-- which is true.)

MinnieMel

from wat i got told by my councellor if you have anything u slow your weight loss down considerably. but if you are going to eat u shud eat protein rather than carbs or sweet.

Thanks guys, I'm gonna fight thru it, I have a LOT of weight to lose so the longer I go without any food the better!!! xxx

Chicken breast won't hurt you, don't worry. Just think - you're better off having the odd bit of chicken than going crazy from not eating and having a massive binge.

Have a look what is allowed on SS+ and keep it in mind for the next time you need something to eat. Just make the right choice like you already have :)

Well done for not giving in. Most of this battle is mental. That said. if you really struggle the losses on SS and SS+ are really not that different so allow yourself a bit of chicken or milk and go SS+ if you think it will get you through.

If you have a lot of weight to lose, you need to make this diet as easy as possible to stick to for longer and also, you will lose more weight anyway (I did at the beginning when I had 10 stone to go) so the odds are in your favour.

I hope that made sense x

The chicken won't harm at all, when I SS+ I have it every day, and the losses are as good as on SS.

Thank u all, I'm gonna try and stay strong but at least I know I can have it i need to, thanks all for replying xxx

Just confirming what others have said, Chicken would be ok.

Well done for keeping 100% x

Back