Chicken & Doner Kebab

SlimmingKitchen

Gold Member
Hi All
I've been wanting to try the doner kebab recipe for ages & finally got round to it last night but adapted it slightly by using extra lean minced beef as nowhere seems to sell the syn free minced lamb. I also added chicken to mine as I love nothing more than a yummy mixed kebab from my local takeaway so wanted to make a syn free version :)

Ingredients:
1 teaspoon oregano
1/2 teaspoon of dried herbs
1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon of salt
500g extra lean minced beef
For the chicken:
A few pieces of diced chicken
1 teaspoon of mint sauce
A few sprinkles of chilli flakes

Method:
Pre heat the oven to gas mark 4/180C/350F.

Using measuring spoons place all of the herbs and spices in a large bowl, mix in the extra lean minced beef and bind well together. Using a rolling pin roll out the mixture until it is all smooth.

image-1062043071.jpg

image-230236507.jpg

Mix the chicken pieces with the mint sauce and chilli flakes.
Put the chicken on a baking tray or next to the mince if you have room, this will be cooked in 20-25 minutes.
Shape the mince into a loaf tray and place in the middle of the oven. Cook for 1 hour and 20 minutes, turning the meat over halfway through cooking.

image-1583725284.jpg

Once cooked, remove from the oven and allow to stand for 10 minutes.
Slice very thinly and serve with anything you fancy.....

image-3315359743.jpg

image-223727811.jpg

I like mine with a Weight Watchers wholemeal pitta which is a healthy extra B choice, Slimming World chips, salad and I syn a few sauces!

Enjoy.
Love Stacey xxx

Gonna give it a go after payday on Wednesday x

I love mixed kebab. Might try it with beef and chicken pieces next time too. Its a great meal on a red day :) xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Yum !!!!!! :)

Just had my tea the doner meat was so lovely even my husband enjoyed it to. Think this is going to be our Wednesday night tea instead of the one from the chippy. I'm gonna try the extra lean beef mince next week

Back