Chicken liver pate recipe?

ginlin

Better to Drink your Syns
A couple of weeks ago, someone posted a recipe for syn free chicken liver pate using quark, but I can't find it now, any help would be greatly received.

Chicken & Bacon Pâté
(Syn Free – Red or Extra Easy)

Ingredients:-

8oz chicken livers
1 onion chopped
1 clove garlic crushed
1/2 teaspoon mixed herbs
Salt & black pepper
4oz bacon chopped
Tub of very low fat fromage frais

Method:-

Put onion, garlic & herbs in pan and fry in fry light until the onion is soft, add liver and cook for about 7 mins. Put everything in blender and blend until smooth. Add fromage frais a spoonful at a time until the consistency is the same as shop bought pate.

This is pure heaven …

Believe it or not I'm having trouble getting chicken livers. I know!!!!!!!

Usually in the freezer about 50p a tub. I made it last week and it was lush. I put some fresh thyme and a bay leaf in mine instead of the mixed herbs. Really good on my hexb of Finn crisps

I found the recipe with Quark, and made it yesterday evening, ready for lunch today, have to say it was delicious on tasting, so much so, that hubby opted to have it in his rolls with salad for work today!

I had got fresh chicken livers from Morrison's yesterday, never seen fresh ones before, but have seen them in the freezer in Tesco.

I've made this a couple of times and I would say only a few days in fact I've usually finished it by the second day - super scrummy!

I had forgotten about this delicious pate, going to have to put chicken livers on the shopping list straight away!

Can't wait to give this a try , I'm not a fan myself but I know a man who is !!

woah woah woah, hang on a second! My mam told me that chicken liver pate doesn't actually have liver in........... was she also lying with steak and kidney pie :-( glad I read this post now lol. xx

I shall try this when I've bought chicken livers, I bought some last week, fresh from Tesco in a tub, for my Ragu. Thanks x

Back