Chicken wings

jooloo

Silver Member
Bit random.. but plannign on doing a chicken wing dish.. I have no idea ho to skin them though really, any ideas? Would blanching work?

What are you planning on doing with them Hun?? The reason I ask, is apart from buffalo wings or something similar there isnt anything that I can thing of doing with them! Lol
There isnt much meat on them.
I would cook them with the skin on and then remove it after cooking as it will still be free...just dont eat any skin, or fat.

It's so faffy that I gave up and just coutned the syns for the skin as was losing lots of meat too - I checked on SW site and it said 1 syn per wing with skin. Given I had 4 and the sauce was 2.5, I didn't think 6.5 syn for my Sunday dinner was too bad - and I'll do that in future and work the day to allow for it.

I had a very very sharp knife and it was hard...not sure about blanching. xxx

What are you planning on doing with them Hun?? The reason I ask, is apart from buffalo wings or something similar there isnt anything that I can thing of doing with them! Lol
There isnt much meat on them.
I would cook them with the skin on and then remove it after cooking as it will still be free...just dont eat any skin, or fat.

One of the new recipes in the Flavours of World book is sticky chicken wings - and they're LUSH! I loved them! But that's where I synned the skin in ;) x

in the current slimming world magazine theres a recipe that involves chicken thighs, but I thought it's be really tasty with chicken wings! Sweet chilli chicken something like that I think it is.. and chicken wings are loads cheaper!
Do you think they'll still be tasty if you take the skin off after cooking?

in the current slimming world magazine theres a recipe that involves chicken thighs, but I thought it's be really tasty with chicken wings! Sweet chilli chicken something like that I think it is.. and chicken wings are loads cheaper!

Be careful - only in the sense that with the fact they are cooked in sauce etc, removing the skin will remove the soaked in sauce with the flavour. And it'll just be as tricky to skin.

If you want to save the syns and skin them, maybe ask a local butcher to give tips? xx

You can get skinless chicken thighs for about £3. I made the recipe & it was very nice. Think wings would be alot mucking around x

You can get skinned chicken wings and even skinned whole chickens from halal butchers or Asian butchers. A lot of Asian chicken recipes require skinned chicken so they're widely available in their stores.

Back