chickpea cake

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by sarahm85, 9 November 2009 Social URL.

1. sarahm85

sarahm85 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st7lb
    Current Weight:
    10st2.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st4.5lb(18.57%)
    Diet:
    WW Online
    I bought some chickpeas the other day for the cake recipes but I got dried ones instead of tinned! Is it possible to prepare the chickpeas and drain them off first for cakes?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Devon Dolce

Devon Dolce 1lb at a time!

Start Weight:
    16st7lb
    Current Weight:
    15st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(4.33%)
    I think you'll have to soak them overnight hun, they normally suggest 8 hours but check the labelling xx

4. avisk

avisk xx

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Best way is to leave them to soak in cold water overnight. Then drain away the soaking water, cover with fresh cold water and simmer until cooked. Difficult to say how long they will take to cook, but you will know when they are ready. Last time I cooked some they took about two hours to be soft - prod them from time to time. But do check out the package and see if there are instructions on it.

Takes time, but isn't difficult, and personally I like freshly cooked chickpeas much better than tinned ones (although I do use tinned ones because they are so convenient). The texture is, for me, much nicer.

If you are using them in a recipe, weigh them when they are cooked - they absorb a lot of water in the soaking/cooking process.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.