chickpea cake

"Jumps up and down waving arms shouting....... Does anyone have the recipe for Chickpea cake please*

:8855::8855::8855:

Found it.

Chickpea Cake

chickpea-cake.jpg

Preparation Time: 15 mins

Cooking Time: 25 mins

Recipe makes 8 servings

89.2 calories per serving

Ingredients

250 g Chick Peas, Tinned, Organic, Tesco
5 g Vanilla Extract, Average or Almond extract
1 Tsp/2g Baking Powder, Average
3 Egg/168g Eggs, Medium, Average
100g Cheese, Quark, Average
25 g Sweetener, Granulated

Method

Pre heat oven to 180 degrees

1. Spray a 7 inch cake tin with fry light and leave to one side.

2. Drain the chick peas and rinse thoroughly with water.

3. Place the chick peas in a blender and blend until smooth then add the eggs and blend again.

4. Add the sweetener, vanilla extract and baking powder.

5. Blend again until mixed in.

6. Place the mixture in the tin and bake in the over for 20 mins or until it has risen and is firm to touch.

7. Take out the over and leave to cool.

Whilst the cake is cooling place one tub of quark in a bowl and add sweetener to taste then mix together.

Once the cake has cooled cut in half and add half the quark mixture and sandwich the 2 halves together.

Spread the remaining quark on top of the cake and add some fresh fruit for decoration.

i managed to get hold of some baking pwder and the cake was suprisingly nice! lol. boyfriend didnt like it - said it tasted of socks but i ate the whole thing over 2 days lol! im confused now as to whether it is free or not but the chickpeas were blended into mush, they werent ground down or anything so.... hmmm im confused :(

Thank you :bliss::bliss::bliss:

off I run to the kitchen to make some... have my wedges cooking so will be great time... whats the bet I can't find something......

Susie you are a diamond!!!

Abi... here comes some sock hahahaha:8855:

Oh noooooooooooooooo :cry::cry:

Guess what I did... I am such a silly cat!!

Well head all in a tis still not 100% was making the cake and put in oven and thought oh rising well ... great... then

I realised I hadn't put the sugar in.... waaaaaaaaaaaa

Ok laugh on me now!!!!!

Can't get my head around the chickpea cake. Some peeps love it, but I know some hate it. I may try it one day when I'm having a green day!

oh i dunno if im game looks nice tho ???

Oh noooooooooooooooo :cry::cry:

Guess what I did... I am such a silly cat!!

Well head all in a tis still not 100% was making the cake and put in oven and thought oh rising well ... great... then

I realised I hadn't put the sugar in.... waaaaaaaaaaaa

Ok laugh on me now!!!!!

Snigger:8855:

hmm how many syns is there in this chick pea cake...
in your opinion what do you prefer chick pea or cous cous cake?

hmm how many syns is there in this chick pea cake...
in your opinion what do you prefer chick pea or cous cous cake?

The only syn is for the baking powder apart from that its free on green. I haven't tried this yet. I quite like the couscous cake but have found myself going off that as well.

Sue

I have cooked both now and besides leaving the sugar out of the CP one.... it rose better... it looked better.... and I put Almond essence instead of vanilla so even smelt better... well what I can smell at the mo with having a cold.

So ermmm me I say the CP one... but will make it with sugar next time haha and maybe lemon as I love lemon cake and FF.

happy baking.

I made chick pea cake with just chick peas, eggs, baking powder, sugar and lemon / lemon curd. Was delicious! very surprised. Ended up making it in mini loaf tims, so have brought two to school today. made people try it and quite a success. hoorah!!!! i don't really care how many syns it is...hardly any, and stops me attacking the chocolates which are also on offer.

Chick peas stink though, eh???

Back