Chikikie's Diet Diary

chikikie

Banned
Due to alot of feedback, my own personal diary has been started.

Currently make my own natural yoghurt with a yoghurt maker, make it with skimmed milk, then blend the yoghurt after being chilled with frozen fruits such as raspberries, strawberrie/banana smoothie mix from tescos works really well, until smooth add honey to sweeten. put in container and stir every 45mins until ice cream consistency, It is simply lovely, and a good alternative to ice cream, which many of us feel like in the hot weather!!!
also quinoa is good served with med veg and grilled chicken veg. Quinoa is a very good grainlike alternative if you are like me sensitive to wheat and gluten.

That yougurt sounds really nice. Where can you get a yogurt maker from?

Yogurt ice cream sounds lovely.
These fruits are ordered in Gi rating.

Low GI
Cherries 22
Plums 24
Grapefruit 25
Peach 28
Peach canned in natural juice 30
Apples 34
Pears 41
DriedApricots 32
Grapes 43
Coconut 45
Coconut Milk 41
KiwiFruit47
Oranges 40
Strawberries 40
Prunes 29

Medium GI
Mango 60
Sultanas 56
Bananas58
Raisins 64
Papaya 60
Figs61
Pineapple 66

High GI
Watermelon 80
Dates 103

I can vouch for the quinoa, chicken and roast veg. We have it probably once a month :clap: We add some garlic and lemon juice to it.

The icecream sounds good, but I'm not an icecream type person.

I do use yoghurt in my smoothies though. The added protein helps me keep going until the next meal time. Same with almonds (not added to the smoothie, but eaten whole when needed).

Of course almonds aren't exactly low fat, but I don't think low fat is good. Just my opinion and all that.

Aha...it's time for my porridge recipe (as I haven't given it out for at least 24 hours :D)

1/3 cup of porridge oats. I have cup measuring spoons, that I keep in the oats container, but it works out about 30g.
A little honey
A handful of frozen fruit (I've been using the luxury one from tescos that was on offer). Really yummy, berries, apples, mandarins etc. They all get chucked in.

Add 160 mls approx of skimmed milk. That's 160g BTW, but I just guess anyway.

Zap in microwave for 4 minutes, and comb hair ;)

Stir in a desertful of greek yoghurt and enjoy. It's delicious.

My friend just said she got a yoghurt maker.. sounds delicious..! I looove natural yoghurt.. even without fruit or anything.. soo tasty..

Good luck with your diet..

Cat x x

quinoa, do I buy this in the pasta aisle?? and what does it look like, excuse me for being an imbecile but Ive never heard of it at all!!

My DH doesnt like rice or pasta so Im always looking for an alternative.

Please tell me more

Quinoa is a type of grain, it looks a bit like cous cous. I bought some from a health food shop.
Not too sure if you can buy it from a supermarket but i'm sure someone will be along shortly to let you know.

Yep. I should imagine that any supermarket have it. I get it from Asda (rice, pasta aisle), but have also got it from the garage down the road.

I have a yoghurt maker with little pots, bought it on ebay for about £20inc P&P, I find having little pots easier.
With the yoghurt maker you should get a thermonitor and it will tell you when the milk is at the right temp, I use skimmed milk with skimmed powder, find skimmed powder mix into half pint milk with blender makes it not lumpy. I then put a teaspoon of natural yoghurt in each pot as a starter, any shop bought yog will do before added and mixing the milk throughly, then about 6hours or so in the yog maker will turn out lovely tasting yoghurt at less then a third of the price of buying it at the shop. I tend to eat it plain for breakie, and made as an icecream for an indulgent snake, you can also use it in cooking like in a korma.

Keep your suggestions coming
PS health stores like holland and barret sell Quinoa!!!

Fantastic.. Sounds really yummy.. And its good that it works out that much cheaper..

How long have you been making it for?

x x

Update : I was 20stone 11lbs and am now 18stone 9lbs. Lost weight by having no chocolate, no alcohol, no takeaways, no cakes.
I eat for breakfast, rice crispies with chocolate alpro soya milk
for lunch I have everyday - three bean salad with lentils sweetcorn and carrot. (200cals)
snack - tesco fruit bag apple and grapes
for dinner is salad and chicken grilled on george forman
5 times a week I walk for three hours non stop in Devonshire countryside.
I lose about 2/3lbs a week.
So i am doing really well I think that if you was to compare me with a vlcd I think i am averaging the same amount of weightloss. I also disaggree with KD that while you are in cal deficient that you dont build muscle this is rubbish you do build muscle regardless.
will update again in a couple of weeks, just over 2 stone weightloss in 5 weeks, pretty incredible really whoooooooo me!

I also disaggree with KD that while you are in cal deficient that you dont build muscle this is rubbish you do build muscle regardless.

Interesting. Will be very interested to read your argument against the Law of Thermodynamics.

If you are exercising, you make muscle simple as that, so where are your crudentials, I very much doubt you have any qualification to state that you know for a fact you dont build muscle, and you shouldnt state it unless you have the proper qualifications.
I got this from a personal trainer, who has trained and is qualified to advise, it is possible to build muscle whilst losing weight.

Hi Chikikie :)

I've just read your update and wanted to say well done on your loss to date. Sounds like it is working for you and that the most important thing for all of us isn't it? :)

Best wishes,

Lacey :)

thanks yer its working, there are many ways to lose weight and be healthier, I think everyone choses their own way by trial and error. I found not having high calorific 'empty' calories a way to cut down my intake, whats left is the normal healthy nutritious foods which are roughly about 1200-1500 calories a day evened out. Walking 5 miles miles a day also adds to help with the inch loss, this is my way.

If you are exercising, you make muscle simple as that, so where are your crudentials, I very much doubt you have any qualification to state that you know for a fact you dont build muscle, and you shouldnt state it unless you have the proper qualifications.

I'm a qualified judo instructor and self defence coach. Sorry, I must have missed the bit where you stated your qualifications:confused:
I got this from a personal trainer, who has trained and is qualified to advise,

Me too :clap:

since when does being a qualified judo and self defense coach qualify you to give your opinion as to whether you build muscle or not..... LMFAO. i dont have qualification, my personal trainer however does have extensive quals and also in nutrition, you give your views very decideably KD and think that it would be very unwise for individuals to take your (unqualified) views as read. thats all.

Back