Children at class

jmv127

I was wondering if its ok to take children to a slimming world class? I am wanting to start going to slimming world (for about 5 stone to lose). I work full time and have a 17 month old daughter.

Most groups are fine with children going, I don't often take my little one but people have said they don't mind him coming along on the occasions he has come, in fact one week he said he wanted to come and I told him no, and I was told I should have let him come when I got to group.

I have heard about some groups being funny about children though, so I'd ring the consultant first and speak to them, see what they think. I do think all groups should accept children, but if you speak to the consultant first you'll save yourself any embarrassment if she/he happens to be one of the few who are funny about people bringing their children.

I think it depends on the consultant/group too. Our group is very good, and very welcoming towards children. There are lots of members who bring their little peeps with them, and stay to group. If they become too noisy, they just tend to sneak out, so as not to interrupt the rest of the group. I don't see there being a problem :)

there is a table at our group with crayons, paper, colouring books, doll and other things. Children are welcome and I really feel the difference. At my last slimming club (WW) I felt my son was a nuisance and they did not want him there. So no him, no me.

As the others said, contact your local groups and ask. My group consultant takes her 3 yr old son and it works fine, there are other children too. Am sure most people would be ok.

I take my 2.5 yr old, I go to a morning group as I don't work. Their becoming friend of his, they make a fuss and he loves it. My group is very child friendly, there is an activity table full of things to keep him occupied. If he gets noisy I take him out for a few moments, so tend to sit near the door as I'd hate to cause others a problem during image therapy. I called the consultant before joining just to make sure it would be okay :)

Lots of children come to our class and they all get made a fuss of, and played with :) Just ask the consultant of the group you want to join, am sure it will be fine though as most groups are child friendly x

I take my 9 year old daughter with me every week. She sits quietly and reads a book and never causes any trouble. She likes to escape from the madhouse at home that is two Aspergers brothers and a new puppy!!!! I'd never take my boys with me. I don't think people pay £5 to listen to them moaning loudly and pointedly for 90 minutes!!!

Ive attends a few classes as ive moved around and ive met lots of lovely Little-ies along the way :) just bring something your them todo...like a toy or book... and you will be fine

Most classes are fine with it - I know mine is, one lady takes her little girl who tends to run off to the playroom (it's in a church). Occasionally we've had smaller kids in who got a bit agitated (perhaps tired) but generally parents take them outside to get them to calm down a little... Now class has moved to a 7pm start, less little-little kids are there though.

Back