• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Chinese and Indian??

Hi ive started the Atkins this week and was wondering if people can suggest acceptable food on the induction phase from the Chinese/Indian as Friday and Saturday nights are the main days we sit down as a family to eat. I dont mind suffering for my art and having something different but it would be nice to join in :family2:

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

kittykat6279

Mad Take Thatter!
Egg Fu Yung is basically an omelette and probably the only thing you could have from the chinese on induction. I have salt and pepper spare ribs and a spring roll and it doesnt take me out of ketosis but I wouldnt recommend them if you've only just started

Kat1e

This is for life
I regularly have chinese duck with cucumber, spring onion and then add mayo. Obvoiusly avoid the pancakes and the sauce! Need to just keep an eye on the skin- my local takeaway doesn't have a sweet coating but if it does then you would need to take off.

I echo the tandoori section! My local does a 'mixed tandoori grill' cubes of chicken and lamb cooked in herbs and spices under a clay oven!

Its sooooooooo good xx

Yes all the above, it's very hard to find anything legal in chinese food

Oh dear, I was hoping for more suggestions than this! We are planning on having a takeaway tomorrow, but last time we had an Indian a few weeks ago, I suffered REALLY badly from carb overload. We don't have takeaways very often so I thought "s*d it, forget the diet for one night, I'm treating myself" and had the works - curry, pilau rice, naan bread and bhajis, but I just got severe cramps, bloated up like I've never done before and put on 4 pounds in water weight which took me 4 days to get rid of!

It seems my body just can't cope with carbs any more. And I used to love my Indians too!:cry:

LVLLM

Gold Member
once you get to maintenance you can have them again you know... xxx

Chookieboo: I really recommend the tandoori mixed grill.. Its such a beautiful flavour! Definitely better than gut ache :)

Hello,

So will there be many carbs in any of the tandoori dishes? Making me tempted now for Saturday night!

I also really like saag paneer, what would that be like for carbs? I know if I ask the indian take-away about this they will look at me as if i'm simple!

Jonsgirl80

Silver Member
Saag paneer is just spinach and cheese so it shouldn't be too bad

I have it all the time and it's lush.

Tandoori anything is great too.

From the chinese I have king prawn in chilli and garlic sauce - I asked the man at my local chinese and he said there was no cornflour in that. I used to have it every week and I never had a problem but obviously everyone is different.

i plumpt for tandoori sizzler and made a sauce with cream,garam masala and mushrooms it was lovely just hope it was within the diet!!!

Glad you enjoyed it! Love mixed grill :)

Sent from my Nexus S using MiniMins

Just hope it doesn't take me out of ketosis. Today I've had:

B: omelette
S: pork crunch
L: small ham salad, Mayo, babybell, pepperami
D: tandoori grill, sheek kebab starter & Half of Atkins choc bar.

Should I be alright on that.

Jonsgirl80

Silver Member
Just had a tandoori mixed grill! It was awesome!

Passed on the saag as looking on the geekanet it says around 9-14g of carbs!
Really? Eek!!! I have it regularly - that said I always had good loses so I won't worry too much lol

The day after I had the tandoori mix grill I was out of ketosis. Only took me a day to get back in to ketosis so it was kind of worth it as a treat.

Think I'll have kebab meat next time.

Blimey? What in it knocked you out of ketosis!?
the one from my Curryhouse is cubes of chicken and lamb in tandoori spices!?

xxx