chinese! Any sugggestions and syn values for a veggie?

txrawl

Having a take away tonight but chinese which I havnt had since being on SW! Any sugggestions and syn values for a veggie? Thanks all x

Hi Tracey,
I have mushroom chow mein from my chinese takeaway (i'm not veggie but I love this!) and I class it as free...

Not sure if it is but a chicken chow mein is 6 syns on green for the chicken so I think mushroom chow mein should be free, after all it's mushroom, onion, beansprouts and noodles - no gravy just some soy sauce.

Hope this helps!

I've always wondered if they fry the softened noodles in oil along with everything else as i think it tastes oily sometimes, if that is the case it is prob more syns.

I why odn't you have a portion of mixed veg with plain chow mein, the mixed veg comes in a nice sauce. Or mixed veg with boiled rice xx

I would ask them to cook it in less/no oil and then drain it at home if it still looks oily. Stick to plain boiled rice/noodles as the main bulk.
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Chinese Restaurant, Stir Fried Mixed Vegetables, average portion 340g serving
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
red.gif
[/FONT] Original 6½ Syns [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
green.gif
[/FONT] Green 6½ Syns
[/FONT]​

I assume that ^^ is due to the oil content.
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Tofu, fried 28g
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
red.gif
[/FONT] Original 2 Syns [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
green.gif
[/FONT] Green 2 Syns
and I would stay away from nuts!
[/FONT]​

Back