Chinese Food - whats ok

tictac

Am having a chinese takeaway with friends tomorrow and am wondering what is the best/only food I can really eat.

Any advice appreciated. Thanks

First of all, are you on the Lite plan?
As far as I know - I really wouldn't risk a takeaway. The temptation for you to have rice/noodles may end up too much to handle. Plus: The sauces used in many places contain a lot of sugar and citric acids, fat, extra oil, things we can't actually have. I suggest you should maybe cook your own 'chinese'.
Dice some chicken breast (about 200g) and marinade it in a mix of herbs and soya sauce. Fry with some vegetables (maybe some cabbage, with green peppers, and carrot?) and add some more soya to the mix. Bring it with you to your friend's and heat it up there.

Honestly, you don't know what they're putting in your food, unless you go to a restaurant that is a bit more upper market and you can ask for certain ingredients not to be added to your meal.

If you're on abstinence, then don't be tempted by food! :p I've taken bars and shakes to restaurants and around to friend's before - it's really not a big deal.

:)

Thanks for your reply. Managed to persuade them to have a curry and just had a tandoori chicken which was fine as am on LLL.

Back