Chinese new year

TrueBlueAngel

I WILL be thin!!
I'm doing a healthy stirfry tonight and Hubby has asked me if I would have some with him. I was just going to stirfry some chinese stirfry veg, chicken, with rice, chinese 5 spice and a little honey.
I'm doing SS, only because I'm desperate to get back to my original loss after the Christmas binge. Should I have some or be strict with myself and say no?

If you're tempted, could you keep the rice out of your portion?

Yes, I dont see why I couldnt. Hubby is a little fed-up (but supportive) that i dont eat meals with him at the moment.

Without the rice it shoud be fine.

MM

Will the honey be ok or not?

If very little, but it would be better to make the stir fry with low carb, low GI veggies, lean meat, and more of a low sodium soy sauce. You could google low GI stir fry and get some good recipes.

MM

I've googled some low GI stir fry recipes and seems you can have rice. But is that ok for CD?

No, not when you are trying to lose weight. (And, esp. if you want to remain in ketosis.)

When you are maintaining then you can have some Basmati rice (appropriate portion).

Jasmine rice (which is what most restaurants serve) is very high GI and converts easily to fat and makes you hungrier as it has so little nutritional value.

Ok, stirfry chicken, veg and spices it is then :)
Thanks

Sounds good -- what time is dinner? ;)

I am out to get chicken, etc. to make my family a Chinese New Year Meal -- but I will stick to my CD product as I am working on being "in control".

MM

Back